Porsche Carrera S MT built as a substitute for the GT3

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 09:35 PM
FinHenke
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Carrera S MT built as a substitute for the GT3

Hi,

Anyone remember which company it was that built the 991 Carrera S MT with a Powerkit and other updates to make it "the real GT3 substitute".

I bought an Carrera S with the Powerkit and PDK as I couldnīt get the GT3 and after a month of driving it, Iīm really fed up with the PDK. Itīs terrible, the clutch slides when pulling from a standstill and gearbox downshifts in all the wrong places. The car is great otherwise but considering of trading the current to a similar MT and doing the upgrades that the company did.

So, would be really thankful if anyone could send me in the right direction

BR: matias
Old 05-11-2014, 09:47 PM
Pazzo009
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a 991s MT, but I have to say that this is the first time I have ever heard someone say anything bad about the PDK. I have the DCT in my M5 and I think it's great. Everyone who has had the DCT and PDK say the PDK is much better.

I hope you sort this out man, good luck.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:17 PM
Coincident
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PDK terrible. 997 TT boring. Exhaust note of TTS even in Sport mode is horrible. And all these comments in a Porsche forum. Incredible.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:47 PM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow

Sent from mobile using Rennlist
Old 05-11-2014, 11:42 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I hope you find what you are looking for...I don't recall the thread, perhaps it was on the GT3 forum?
Old 05-11-2014, 11:56 PM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 431 Likes on 281 Posts

I love my pdk. Sounds fantastic on the upshifts with the pse on. Good luck with your search.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:59 PM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I thought Finnish trolls were extinct??
Old 05-12-2014, 01:20 AM
FinHenke
Advanced

Got an answer from the 991 GT3 board. It is Pfafftuning that has built the car I was thinking about. Not exactly what I was looking for but I will start to search the web for parts that could help me build a car that would fit my needs. Sorry if anyone considered this thread as trolling, just tried to find info.

All the best, Matias
Old 05-12-2014, 02:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Order a light MT with sport pasm and fit all of the Elephant racing suspension parts. Get PCCB and Power Kit if you're feeling spendy.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:44 PM
FinHenke
Advanced

I'm trying to trade the PDK in for a used MT 991, that pretty much narrowes the possibilities what I can get. Going to test a manual on thursday. Interesting. I also talked with friend that used to track his 991 on the Ring. They did a stopper under the throttle to stop the car doing a kickdown in corners where he wanted to shortshift.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:53 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

I keep reading about how the NSA has infiltrated so many websites with moles posting nonsense just to get everyone diverted and see what they can stir up. Just when I'm thinking its all paranoid BS I read how "some company" built a GT3 "substitute" - sorry, "the real GT3 substitute" - by putting a manual (which Porsche already determined the GT3 was faster and better WITHOUT) into a C2S with X15 and "other updates". No rear axle steering. No full set of suspension bushings. No awesome aerodynamics. Just a manual and "other updates". And why? Well in part because that diabolical PDK keeps trying to do things like find the fastest gear when you floor it, which so frustrates a guy who used to drive on "the Ring" that he stuck a block of wood under the gas pedal. That's right, to make the car- "the real GT3 substitute" SLOWER!

On second thought no, not even the NSA could come up with something that whack.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:03 PM
maxpowers
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck911
I keep reading about how the NSA has infiltrated so many websites with moles posting nonsense just to get everyone diverted and see what they can stir up. Just when I'm thinking its all paranoid BS I read how "some company" built a GT3 "substitute" - sorry, "the real GT3 substitute" - by putting a manual (which Porsche already determined the GT3 was faster and better WITHOUT) into a C2S with X15 and "other updates". No rear axle steering. No full set of suspension bushings. No awesome aerodynamics. Just a manual and "other updates". And why? Well in part because that diabolical PDK keeps trying to do things like find the fastest gear when you floor it, which so frustrates a guy who used to drive on "the Ring" that he stuck a block of wood under the gas pedal. That's right, to make the car- "the real GT3 substitute" SLOWER!

On second thought no, not even the NSA could come up with something that whack.
To many people part of the enjoyment of driving a car on the racetrack is picking the right gear yourself, not driving an automatic. Actually driving and controlling the car is more important to some people than fractional second lap time differences. I can get a faster time than the PDK by doing a ride along with a pro driver.

I'm with you on wanting more details about this company and what they've done.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:14 AM
Slantnose!
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Pretty sure the company is Pfaft in Canada...
Old 05-13-2014, 10:39 AM
gt3fantasy
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

YOU PDK GUYS ARE HARD WHEN SOMEONE'S OPINION IS DIFFERENT THAN YOURS!!!

Yes its all cap, get a f.... life, man really, isn't this a forum for all enthusiast, by the way, isn't there a thread for that subject??
Old 05-13-2014, 12:58 PM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I purchased my car from Pfaff porsche. Pfaff is the largest Porsche dealer in Canada and located in Toronto. Pfaff also owns the McLaren dealer as well as an aftermarket company called Pfaff Tuning. Pfaff Porsche,Pfaff Tuning and the McLaren dealership are all beside each other. Pfaff tuning does good reliable work but I wouldn't pay that much for a modified C2S with an X-51. It is a nice car but not a substitute for a GT3. If you want a MT you are out of luck. I wouldn't get a GT3 as a DD myself but I suspect a GT3 would be significantly faster on a track. That GT3 "substitute" they show is roughly the same price as a 911/50 which also has the X-51 in NA. Except , with the 911/50 you get the wide body and I suspect will hold its value better. So in summary, if you want MT get a 911/50 with 7 MT. No sunroof and all the performance goodies. Not my option choices but best bang for buck and closest in performance to a GT3.

Quick Reply: Porsche Carrera S MT built as a substitute for the GT3