Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT Silver

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2014 | 11:48 PM
enzom
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by eg991
Perhaps consider the two-tone red and black interior. The black breaks up the red a bit, and in particular should lessen the windshield glare from the dash.
That's exactly what I did. Order is complete! Thanks.
Old 05-09-2014 | 12:38 AM
Just J
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by eg991
Beyond gorgeous!
Thanks - I'm extremely happy with how it turned out. And the Carrera red interior is much richer and deeper than it appears in the harsh direct light of the cell phone flash used for that one picture of the interior

Originally Posted by enzom
I didn't order the sports design mirrors because I wanted folding mirrors (easier to get to my tools in the garage). I'm guessing that as with the non-Turbo models, the bottoms of the side mirrors are black. Probably not a good look with GT Silver
I think you'd be surprised. The black tires, air intake, and other bits (depending on your option list, like LED headlights) would help tie the mirror bottoms to the rest of the design.

Congrats. I think you'll find it well worth the agonizing and seemingly endless wait.
Old 05-09-2014 | 09:52 AM
enzom
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Just J
Thanks - I'm extremely happy with how it turned out. And the Carrera red interior is much richer and deeper than it appears in the harsh direct light of the cell phone flash used for that one picture of the interior

I think you'd be surprised. The black tires, air intake, and other bits (depending on your option list, like LED headlights) would help tie the mirror bottoms to the rest of the design.

Congrats. I think you'll find it well worth the agonizing and seemingly endless wait.
I actually did not have the mirrors painted to match. I think you are right. And I am having the dealer paint my wheels black, so it should look good.

All of you - thanks so much for walking me through this process.
Old 05-09-2014 | 11:11 AM
Fixinbones
Pro

Originally Posted by Duke I
I am considering GT Silver with two-tone black/platinum grey. Has anyone seen that combination?
Pm me your email address and I will send u the pics. I have two tone espresso/brown, red/black, and all espresso. Don't don't think I have the black/plat with GT silver. Personally, I think the platinum is too light especially if it's a daily driver.
Old 05-09-2014 | 03:08 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Congrats on locking in your order, and can't wait to see pics. Your car will be epic. Good luck with the wait (which will be well worth it).
Old 05-09-2014 | 11:40 PM
fester
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Fixinbones
Pm me your email address and I will send u the pics. I have two tone espresso/brown, red/black, and all espresso. Don't don't think I have the black/plat with GT silver. Personally, I think the platinum is too light especially if it's a daily driver.
Here's a shot of my c4s GT silver (all ext black parts factory painted) and espresso interior

Last edited by fester; 05-16-2014 at 01:37 AM.
Old 05-10-2014 | 12:33 AM
Duke I
Pro

What do you recon the color of the silver 911 in the background of zohan's pic above?
Old 05-10-2014 | 02:16 AM
socalsteve
Racer

I wish I had a GT Silver 991... I so miss my 997.1 GT silver with black full leather interior car...white is great, but GT Silver is waaaay over the top!!!
Old 05-10-2014 | 05:01 AM
Galion
Pro

IMO no other color enhances the beauty of the 991 better than GT silver.
Totally worth the extra cash.
Old 05-10-2014 | 07:55 AM
LexVan
Banned

What do you recon the color of the silver 911 in the background of zohan's pic above?
My guess would be Platinum Silver (in post #8). Due to the taupey nature of the color/hue. Great color, IMO. It is no longer available as a standard color after the 2013 MY.

Plat. Silver was replaced by Rhod. Silver for 2014.
Old 05-10-2014 | 09:47 AM
enzom
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zohan
IMO extra 3k for a slightly different shade is not worth it. Silver cars- stay looking clean longer, don't get as hot in a sun, and according to AAA have lowest accident rate. If the car is silver I am happy.
GT silver and PCCB is included on TTS. If you have to have GT silver consider TTS depending on other extras you getting you and your budget
Zohan - GT Silver is still a $3100 option on the TurboS. Trust me - I did what I could to justify jumping up to the TurboS in my mind. Just an FYI.
Old 05-10-2014 | 10:20 AM
Duke I
Pro

Thanks LV, I was surprised the car in the background looked darker than the GT silver. I thought GT silver would be darker than platinum, no? I am really struggling on deciding between the agate and GT.
Old 05-10-2014 | 10:38 AM
LexVan
Banned

Thanks LV, I was surprised the car in the background looked darker than the GT silver. I thought GT silver would be darker than platinum, no? I am really struggling on deciding between the agate and GT.
Platinum is slightly darker.

Get the GT Silver with Sport Techno wheels. This way, you get "free" painted wheels because the ST wheel is already painted GT Silver with the polished aluminum accents.
Old 05-10-2014 | 11:13 AM
Fixinbones
Pro

Originally Posted by LexVan
My guess would be Platinum Silver (in post #8). Due to the taupey nature of the color/hue. Great color, IMO. It is no longer available as a standard color after the 2013 MY. Plat. Silver was replaced by Rhod. Silver for 2014.
Sound right. If plat silver were still available as a std color I would have gotten that over the GT silver and saved the $3,100. Now plat silver is a PTS color costing like $5,500. IMHO, rhodium is not warm enough for me and my past two cars have been iridium silver MBs so I needed something a bit different and warmer.
Old 05-10-2014 | 11:16 AM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by Fixinbones
If plat silver were still available as a std color I would have gotten that over the GT silver and saved the $3,100.
Agreed. I would have done the exact same. Platinum Silver is a great color.

Quick Reply: GT Silver