Upgrading from 981:Need advise in Configuring a 991 Cab

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 01:04 PM
casaforte9
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Upgrading from 981:Need advise in Configuring a 991 Cab

Hello Folks,
My 2 years 981 S boxster PDK lease will be ending this fall and would like to get a 991 Cab.

The 981 s has been much better than my 2007 Boxster S and 2008 Cayman S in terms of driveability due to PDk whcih I enjoy over 6 speed and also PSE on 981 is phenomenal and interior ofcourse is way nicer than previous iterations

I definetly wanna get PSE on 991 , but I am not sure if 991 base is a good step up or get the 991 S with PDCC to avoid body roll

The specs I am considering are

1) Carerra PDk black with two tone red thr, PRem Package plus, PASM , PDK, PSE and carerra Classic wheels with paddles, Rear camera etc - About 120K

OR

2) Carerra S PDk black with two tone red thr, Prem Package plus, PDCC, PDK, PSE and carerra Classic wheels with paddles, Rear camera etc - About 135k , So about 15 K more for 50 more horses and PDCC whcih is only avaiable on S

I need some feedback on the below

A) Configuration 1 or 2 ? car is not for tracking , just spirited road use

B) On my 981 S I have sport chrono but I rarely use Sport plus in D mode or Manual mode( I love the sport mdoe though) so not sure I want the Sport chrono this time for just sport plus and active mounts- Isn't sport mode the same in Chrono and non chrono PDK cars?

Thanks in Advance
Old 05-05-2014, 01:22 PM
Cheekymonkeyman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You'll no doubt get a lot of advice from far more qualified people than me but I would suggest option 3... Carrera S which comes with pasm and the extra hp as std... Both of which you will notice... But don't need pdcc if you're not going to track....
Old 05-05-2014, 02:03 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,410 Likes on 2,516 Posts

What about option "C" and buy the Boxster off the lease and drop a 991S PowerKit motor in it?
Old 05-05-2014, 02:28 PM
casaforte9
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

my response
A) Consdidering PDCC because i am not a fan of body roll , Boxster rolls too but not as much as 911
B) Lol, I wanna go upto the 991 cab because I really enjoy draft free top down rides and 991 does it way better than 981 and 991 rear engine dynamics are also good copared to the mid-engine
Old 05-05-2014, 05:20 PM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,196 Likes on 1,480 Posts

Ha! I love these threads....get as many options as you are prepared to write the check for, they're all good.

Myself, I have only four on my 991 Cab S, because I'm a poor Porsche owner and besides it was sitting on the lot and they wanted to move it badly (think big discount).

* Agate Grey
* Colored wheel caps
* Sport Chrono
* Sport Steering wheel

Now like everyone else I played hours on the Configurator and made up some wonderful car builds. All I really needed though was an "S" model, because when i wanna go....I wanna GO. The base radio bugged me a bit, and no XM radio. And I really thought I might wanted heated seats, but that's about all that really slowed me down. Know what? I don't miss any of the options in the build at all. I stream Pandora over my iPhone 5 bluetooth connection and that takes the place of the XM, and I drive a pickup truck in the winter time so I don't really need heated seats. Sport steering wheel and colored wheel caps are cute - but not necessary. As for the car color, I could have done $ 0 black just as well. Sport Chrono is just a toy - again not really needed. PASM is standard in an S.

But you pays your money and you takes your choice. I'll tell you something though - this is my fifth Porsche in 40 years and the way it comes from the factory with NO OPTIONS is plenty good.

Quick Reply: Upgrading from 981:Need advise in Configuring a 991 Cab