Special Pricing!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 08:24 PM
ValkyrieParts
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Special Pricing!!!

Hello all,

Just curious why only the 993 guys are taking advantage of our special pricing? These guys and gals are saving hundreds of dollars per order.

I am assuming my post got lost. As a new Rennlist sponsoring member and OEM parts supplier I am selling OEM at cost for the month of May. This deal ends May 31st. I am offering all OEM parts at cost and with 24,000 mi/ 24 month warranty till the end of May. The prices are no longer reflected on the website and you can only get special pricing by emailing me for a quote.

I also carry many performance parts lines from Fabspeed, Akrapovic, Eisenmann, Agency Power, CSF, etc and can offer very competitive prices on these parts as well.

As I stated before the 993 guys are making good use of this special...you should too! Expect a 24hr turn around to emails since I am answering many questions.

sales@valkyriemotorwerks.com

-Shawn
Old 05-01-2014, 11:52 PM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,196 Likes on 1,480 Posts

Well, 993's are 16 to 19 years old now and they break. 991's are new and still under warranty....that's probably why you're not seeing many OEM parts orders from this group. I have 550 miles on my 991 for example, don't need any parts.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:56 PM
ValkyrieParts
Former Vendor

I know. It was generic post more toward the other guys. I do have 991 Performance parts
Old 05-02-2014, 12:16 AM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ValkyrieParts
I know. It was generic post more toward the other guys. I do have 991 Performance parts
It's those generic posts that make little sense to the group they are posted in that really say to me, give this person your business.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:22 AM
ValkyrieParts
Former Vendor

Noted. As mentioned I left it in because I do have the special as well as performance parts for 991's.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:03 AM
lunarx
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for reaching out to us.
Its great to be made aware of deals.
Ill be emailing you for some quotes.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:19 AM
drcollie
Race Car

Shawn:

Let me help you out here....

I've been in retail now for over 45 years, owning my own high-end furniture store for the past 28. How you do your marketing is what separates you from the others and accelerates your business. If you want to sell things here (or anywhere for that matter) you have to do to more than 'I have the best price, see me for a deal'. There's a number of sponsors here that do just that, and few that do it correctly. You come off just as a shill, without anything viable and you have no personal connection.

In my business for example, I would just be another furniture store except I developed a Q&A forum such as Rennlist except its for furniture, when none existed before (www.myfurnitureforum.com). Its loaded with information and photos and now I have a national audience and vastly increased sales. You don't need to do that, because you have this venue as well as 6-Speed On Line and other car forums as well. But you have to do specifics.

Start by making a signature line that automatically displays with every post you make. People like to make a personal connection so sign every post with your name, address and contact information. Put up an avatar of yourself, so people can put a name to a face, that builds trust and cements that contact.

Use photos and specifics. Don't just say 'I sell performance parts'. My eyes glaze over when I read that. You and about everyone else does....meh. Go to one of your suppliers and get a deal for a specific part for a limited time, and make it something that people want. If you can get 10% off from the supplier, then used that 10 off and then add in free shipping and now you have a deal that people will buy into. Put up photos and videos of the product and have your next deal lined up as soon as that one expires. Find a 'hook' for every special you offer, something that appeals to a customer. I just bought an AWE Switchpath exhaust from a sponsor here this week. They had good photos, a sale period, and a guarantee of satisfaction.

Be honest and become a contributing member to the forums here...help with answering the general forum questions without looking for a sale on each post, that builds credibility. You want to be the 'go to' guy in your areas of expertise. Look at the successful sponsors here such as HRE Wheels, TAG motorsports, etc, that's what they do. Your customer base for Porsche bits and pieces are an educated, successful lot and can see through smoke and mirrors and a weak sales pitch. Give 'em some solid material and become a member of the community and the business will come.

-Duane
Old 05-02-2014, 11:01 AM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by drcollie
Shawn:

I've been in retail now for over 45 years, owning my own high-end furniture store for the past 28. How you do your marketing is what separates you from the others and accelerates your business. If you want to sell things here (or anywhere for that matter) you have to do to more than 'I have the best price, see me for a deal'. There's a number of sponsors here that do just that, and few that do it correctly. You come off just as a shill, without anything viable and you have no personal connection.

In my business for example, I would just be another furniture store except I developed a Q&A forum such as Rennlist except its for furniture, when none existed before (www.myfurnitureforum.com). Its loaded with information and photos and now I have a national audience and vastly increased sales. You don't need to do that, because you have this venue as well as 6-Speed On Line and other car forums as well. But you have to do specifics.

Start by making a signature line that automatically displays with every post you make. People like to make a personal connection so sign every post with your name, address and contact information. Put up an avatar of yourself, so people can put a name to a face, that builds trust and cements that contact.

Use photos and specifics. Don't just say 'I sell performance parts'. My eyes glaze over when I read that. You and about everyone else does....meh. Go to one of your suppliers and get a deal for a specific part for a limited time, and make it something that people want. If you can get 10% off from the supplier, then used that 10 off and then add in free shipping and now you have a deal that people will buy into. Put up photos and videos of the product and have your next deal lined up as soon as that one expires. Find a 'hook' for every special you offer, something that appeals to a customer. I just bought an AWE Switchpath exhaust from a sponsor here this week. They had good photos, a sale period, and a guarantee of satisfaction.

Be honest and become a contributing member to the forums here...help with answering the general forum questions without looking for a sale on each post, that builds credibility. You want to be the 'go to' guy in your areas of expertise. Look at the successful sponsors here such as HRE Wheels, TAG motorsports, etc, that's what they do. Your customer base for Porsche bits and pieces are an educated, successful lot and can see through smoke and mirrors and a weak sales pitch. Give 'em some solid material and become a member of the community and the business will come.

-Duane
Very well said. This has been something that has bothered me for some time being a contributing member to many forums over the years. I couldn't imagine making an effort to develop or sell a product that I felt was superior to others and didn't then spend the extra bit of effort to market it properly. For example, I had a forum member reach out to me that is selling a self claimed better version of the AWE SwitchPath. He had no photos, video, or website. He grabbed my attention by reaching out but had no marketing support to make me feel confident in a purchase. Shoot, I spend more time on my own signature and posts just to be friendly and get to know others on the forums. I would spend gobs of time crafting an image on the car forums if my livelyhood depended on it.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:10 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,410 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Originally Posted by drcollie
Shawn:

-Duane
Duane, you should charge for advice like this. Well done.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:14 PM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Originally Posted by LexVan
Duane, you should charge for advice like this. Well done.
To be honest I'm bewildered that this has to be spelled out to somebody that is in the business.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:39 PM
drcollie
Race Car

Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
To be honest I'm bewildered that this has to be spelled out to somebody that is in the business.
Actually, it really does. Most people put forth the least amount of effort to get the job done in any number of professions. It's pretty easy to type out a couple of sentences that say "Buy from me, i have the best price for everything you need", but that's not much work. Its a lot more difficult to take pursue deals with suppliers, or take videos or a photo set of a product to sell it and to do smart things like negotiate with UPS or FED EX for lower contract shipping rates.

But Darwin sorts them all out. You won't see little start-up businesses last very long unless they get busy and learn what to do and put some effort into their business. Its not that hard to start a business - but its much more difficult to operate a successful business.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:06 PM
66mustang
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

A website link may help a little. I googled Valkyrie Parts, and now have a bunch of useless motorcycle parts.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:17 PM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 66mustang
A website link may help a little. I googled Valkyrie Parts, and now have a bunch of useless motorcycle parts.
Here you go.

http://www.valkyriemotorwerks.com

Unit #9.
Attached Images  
Old 05-02-2014, 04:17 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

the URL is embedded in his email
Old 05-02-2014, 04:24 PM
ValkyrieParts
Former Vendor

To respond to all of you. I do not have the funds to keep an IT guy on staff to do our fancy fliers and banners.

Before you jump to conclusions let me give you some insight. Again I am not a new start up, I am new to Porsche OEM but have been in the game for a few years. I had a larger staff but had to start letting people go because people would call us for prices, fitment, help with their builds etc. which we were and are happy to provide then at the end of the call they turn around and buy from our competitor who has no overhead and is selling parts at 2-3% margins.

I do not like this business model of what the internet has made resale car parts. There are so many eBay sellers, and not to mention amazon who undercut Brick and Mortar stores in every way possible. We either offer great support, a great warranty and decent prices and lose business or we sell rock bottom and hope our volume makes up for it. Either way it's a lose lose.

We are living in an economy where despite what many of you may feel, is based on bottom dollar sales vs customer service. Even places like Best Buy and Lowes are suffering. They go to a showroom to learn about a product and turn around and make a purchase online once they are aware consumers.

By business model is at a cross roads. I can take the cheap route or the customer service route. I am opting the CS route and mind you this deal is just to get my volume up with my supplier for better prices.

To give you all some insight I am selling at cost and I am second highest tier pricing. I am still getting replies that I have quoted above retailer X price so they must be selling at lower then my cost is and the difference is maybe 2-3% so goes to show you.

I just made this offer for you guys and gals. If you are not comfortable with doing business with me its fine. I understand.

Our new website is under development and won't be up for another month or so. You can use www.valkyriemotorwerks.com to browse parts but we have a lot not included since those are 3rd party catalogs.