Sponsored by:

50th Anniversary #1470

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 10:25 AM
Matt-R20
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammer911
fwiw, I really like the lighting design package. Very subtle, tasteful interior cabin lighting. Especially useful if you have to look for anything in the back - not looking into a black hole.
I paid more attention last night to the lighting, you get a nice led glow in the footwell, over the shifter, in the open door pocket and the closed door compartment.

Hammer where is the lighting in the back?
Old 04-30-2014, 10:34 AM
chrisk1200
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Really nice
Old 04-30-2014, 02:37 PM
Spyder_Steph
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your #1470 is a very beautiful build. Congrats and enjoy your new car!
Steph
Old 04-30-2014, 03:19 PM
fl0950
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice build. Funny, I never thought about the green gauges in mine. I'm pretty color blind, red/green, so they just look white to me. Agree on the ambient interior lighting, it's a nice little option.

You are going to keep loving your car!
Old 04-30-2014, 04:57 PM
LA Brit
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice
Old 04-30-2014, 05:13 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful car! I really love the 50th, and I think the color of your car is gorgeous too. Congrats and enjoy it in good health.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:13 PM
socalsteve
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Msmatt
Been reading all the great posts about 50th Anniversary cars for the last few weeks to keep me tied over till #1470 arrived. Well the wait is over, 1470 is finally in its new home.

Like some of the latest deliveries, this is a manual / no sunroof car, picked up from McKenna Porsche this weekend. Here's the build and a few photos for anyone else waiting around for their delivery.......

911 Carrera "50 Jahre 911"
Geyser Grey Metallic
Classic Interior w/ Leather/Cloth Seats in Agate Grey/Geyser
PASM Sport Suspension
Automatically Dimming Mirrors
Seat Heating (Front)
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell
Smoking Package
LED Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus
Porsche Entry & Drive
Light Design Package
Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System
SiriusXM® Satellite Radio Receiver
Online Services
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package
Headlight Cleaning System Covers Painted in Exterior Color
Sport Seats Plus Backrest Shells in Leather
Fuel Cap with Aluminum Look Finish
Vehicle Key Painted
Ornamental Porsche Crest
No Sunroof

No regrets on the order and a few comments for some of the questions you guys have been pondering in other threads....

1. Sport PASM is really great, not harsh at all, in fact I'm usually in Sport mode, wouldn't change this for any reason. Sport exhaust really changes the character of the car, from comfortable and quiet to mean an nasty. More character on overrun than my RS.
2. 18 way sport seats are great, I splurged for the leather backs so there was no dark grey inside the car, looks like this is the way it should have come, at least with the Agate color inside.
3. Green gauges are awesome, nice retro touch.
4. Originally wanted Graphite with Agate, but was talked out of it. Not disappointed with the Geyser, color is very cool, but still think Graphite w/ Agate is a nice combo.
5. No sunroof means the entire headliner is Agate Alcantara, very nice.
6. The chrome grills really make a nice accent, make sure to check your delivery, mine had quite a bit of adhesive on the chrome accent presumably from the shipping protection.
7. Manual is very nice and positive action. Only complaint is if you don't move fast enough from 6th to 7th, the tranny locks you out. Figure a few more miles and I'll have it nailed.

Thanks to everyone on the forum for all the great content the last few months, kept me sane while waiting!
Beautiful car!

Yeah, the 5th or 6th to 7th takes a bit of getting used to. Once you get the "feel" of it, you will never have a problem again.

Enjoy!
Old 05-01-2014, 12:50 AM
Matt-R20
Racer

Originally Posted by socalsteve
Beautiful car! Yeah, the 5th or 6th to 7th takes a bit of getting used to. Once you get the "feel" of it, you will never have a problem again. Enjoy!
7 gears is really just is a big waste, especially given how tall 1st and 2nd are. I guess its more a function of the commonality with the PDK box. Much prefer the shorter gearing in my RS, especially given our speed restrictions here. That said I wouldn't switch to the paddles!

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments!
Old 05-01-2014, 12:54 AM
Matt-R20
Racer

Originally Posted by fl0950
Nice build. Funny, I never thought about the green gauges in mine. I'm pretty color blind, red/green, so they just look white to me. Agree on the ambient interior lighting, it's a nice little option. You are going to keep loving your car!
Thats too bad because you miss out on the red '50' on the badging too! Doesn't impact how good your Graphite looks though, love that color.....
Old 05-01-2014, 01:01 AM
willyspub
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fl0950
Funny, I never thought about the green gauges in mine. I'm pretty color blind, red/green, so they just look white to me.
Too funny, I'm also red/green colorblind and don't notice the green gauges in my 50.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:05 AM
VIC_50th
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

I paid more attention last night to the lighting, you get a nice led glow in the footwell, over the shifter, in the open door pocket and the closed door compartment.

Hammer where is the lighting in the back?
Maybe he has "Rear footwell lighting" (option code CEE), as well as LD Pkg?
Old 05-01-2014, 01:13 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

That just may be the perfect color combination for this sure to be classic 911. Congratulations!
Old 05-01-2014, 01:28 AM
Matt-R20
Racer

Originally Posted by chuck911
That just may be the perfect color combination for this sure to be classic 911. Congratulations!
Thanks Chuck!
Old 05-01-2014, 06:11 PM
socalsteve
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

7 gears is really just is a big waste, especially given how tall 1st and 2nd are. I guess its more a function of the commonality with the PDK box. Much prefer the shorter gearing in my RS, especially given our speed restrictions here. That said I wouldn't switch to the paddles!

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments!
I respectfully disagree with you. The 7th gear definitely has a very real purpose on the car...it's a true overdrive gear and works great on very long freeway trips where you are not changing speeds and staying over 65 mph. The gas mileage compared to the same 997.2 without this gear is a big difference. I know this from personal experience of owning both vehicles.

Don't dismiss the 7th gear just because it's hard to get into. Depending on your driving style, once you get the hang of it, it's an invaluable tool.

Good luck!
Old 05-01-2014, 07:47 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,410 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Originally Posted by socalsteve

I respectfully disagree with you. The 7th gear definitely has a very real purpose on the car...it's a true overdrive gear and works great on very long freeway trips where you are not changing speeds and staying over 65 mph. The gas mileage compared to the same 997.2 without this gear is a big difference. I know this from personal experience of owning both vehicles.

Don't dismiss the 7th gear just because it's hard to get into. Depending on your driving style, once you get the hang of it, it's an invaluable tool.

Good luck!
I agree. The 7th gear drops the RPMs by about 400-600 cruising on the highway. Save the motor.

Quick Reply: 50th Anniversary #1470