Sponsored by:

RichardC's 911-50 Number 1443

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 07:20 PM
RichardC
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sun visor sticker removal DIY

Rain today, so I decided to do a small mod. I did get out for a drive this morning and will have a new video up, maybe tomorrow.

In Canada, our sun visors have a safety sticker on them and I wanted to take it off.

Here are the supplies I used:

2 x microfibre towels
99% Isopropyl alcohol
rubber gloves

I have cotton swabs in the photo, but you don't need them. You might want to keep a paper towel around to catch some of the sticker bits. You'll see below.

First step is to soak a mf towel with the IPA and dab it all over the sticker. This will soften the sticker a bit. Then with the mf towel, start rubbing on one of the corners until it starts to lift.

From this point, just keep dabbing the IPA all over the sticker and slowly rub from the edge that has lifted. The sticker is a bit sticky and really thin, so it might break, that's ok, like all good things in life, keep rubbing and you'll like the end result.

Eventually, your sun visor will look like this:

Then you can use your interior cleaner and condition the sun visor and you're good to go.

Gloves aren't necessary, but this is what mine looked like after the process.

The process is one of patience, but a fairly simple task.

Also, don't forget to open your door or window so you have ventilation.

Richard
Old 05-03-2014, 09:44 PM
RichardC
Instructor

Here's a more detailed look of my car.

I realized there's still no videos of me driving it, so that'll have to be next if I can get some help.

Richard

Old 05-10-2014, 02:37 PM
RichardC
Instructor

I did a video looking at the LED headlights and LED clear markers for the 991.

Richard

Old 05-19-2014, 04:27 AM
RichardC
Instructor

1 month review.

Richard

Old 05-19-2014, 05:14 AM
VIC_50th
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by RichardC
1 month review.

Richard
Hi Richard,
Good review. +1 on the 7MT; like you, I come from BMW's as well, and could not agree more with your comments.
I especially liked the "bumper cam" view of the exhaust - the soundtrack was awesome! Great idea! Do it again when you have the car fully broken in so we can hear the entire rev range.

Cheers,
Martin
Old 05-19-2014, 12:57 PM
RichardC
Instructor

Thanks Martin. 3000km can't come fast enough, but I'll do many more videos, so stay tuned for when the car is broken in.

My next major video will be the Pedigree 4.0 Gran Rally Tourismo on June 1st with the Porsche Centre Vancouver and about 20 other P-cars.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:01 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great video, Richard. I also came from a manual BMW (E93 M3) and couldn't agree more with your comparison of the BMW and Porsche manual transmissions. The 7MT in the 991 is far superior in every respect. The first time I got into the M3 after driving the 991 for a bit, I felt I was driving a Buick with the squishy clutch pedal, the inferior gearbox and steering.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:02 AM
RichardC
Instructor

I spent my Sunday participating in an event called the Pedigree 4.0 Gran Rally Tourismo. It was put on by Club Trofeo, a private automotive club. I was invited as a guest of the Porsche Centre Vancouver, which was a nice treat.

Here's how the event worked. We were to meet at a starting location. For this event, it was the Ikea located in Coquitlam, B.C. We are given a radio for the car, and a directions sheet. We zero our odometer and have to follow the instructions as we get to specific mileage; answering trivia questions, taking turns, etc. Ultimately we have to check into different locations throughout the day, while driving on some really good local roads.

My car only had 518 km at the start of the day. Well short of the 3000 recommended for break in. The plan was still to take it easy and go for a cruise. That plan didn't last very long.

Here's some photos of the event my co-pilot took:

I have a video uploading and will share that shortly.

Richard
Old 06-03-2014, 06:26 AM
London911
Instructor

Fabulous pictures Richard, thanks for sharing. Looks like you had a blast. Very interesting to see the Geyser in amongst the other colours and it looks really great.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:44 AM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

London911 - Sounds like a fun event to do in the South East.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:05 PM
Cheekymonkeyman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...+1 south east... sounds interesting... Thumbs up
Old 06-03-2014, 05:23 PM
ymg91150
Instructor

Great pictures, great posts, great videos, great thread. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on your car. Its great to meet so many 911 50 owners in this forum.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:54 PM
RichardC
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mondrian
London911 - Sounds like a fun event to do in the South East.
Originally Posted by Cheekymonkeyman
...+1 south east... sounds interesting... Thumbs up
You guys should totally do something like this. It looks like a lot of work to organize, but in organizing the event you get to do a lot of driving.

Originally Posted by ymg91150
Great pictures, great posts, great videos, great thread. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on your car. Its great to meet so many 911 50 owners in this forum.
Thanks. The forum has been a great place to meet like minded enthusiasts.

Originally Posted by London911
Fabulous pictures Richard, thanks for sharing. Looks like you had a blast. Very interesting to see the Geyser in amongst the other colours and it looks really great.
Thanks. The colour does look more special mixed in with the crowd, but in a subtle way.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:24 PM
RichardC
Instructor

This is a video I made after participating in the Pedigree 4.0 Gran Rally Tourismo on the weekend.

I apologize for the length of the video. It's about 22 minutes. I tried to condense a days worth of fun as much as I could. Also, apologies for the video quality. I didn't realize that my GoPros were on wide angle, so the footage isn't as great as I was expecting.

I hope you enjoy.

Richard

Old 06-04-2014, 12:46 AM
VIC_50th
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by RichardC
I spent my Sunday participating in an event called the Pedigree 4.0 Gran Rally Tourismo. It was put on by Club Trofeo, a private automotive club. I was invited as a guest of the Porsche Centre Vancouver, which was a nice treat.

Here's how the event worked. We were to meet at a starting location. For this event, it was the Ikea located in Coquitlam, B.C. We are given a radio for the car, and a directions sheet. We zero our odometer and have to follow the instructions as we get to specific mileage; answering trivia questions, taking turns, etc. Ultimately we have to check into different locations throughout the day, while driving on some really good local roads.

My car only had 518 km at the start of the day. Well short of the 3000 recommended for break in. The plan was still to take it easy and go for a cruise. That plan didn't last very long.
Great stuff, Richard! Looks like the weather was about perfect, too.
Were some of those pix at Harrison? (oh, now I see in the video, yes)
How many km on the car now?
Cheers,
Martin

Quick Reply: RichardC's 911-50 Number 1443