Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for LED light owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 10:43 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,351 Likes on 761 Posts

I have the PDLS and had on other vehicles. I really like them. I'm sure the LEDs are probably a bit better but if you really don't need them, get PSE or another more performance driven option or keep it for upgrades later because they always come.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:33 PM
rpilot
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

@ Keadog:

I have not seen the beam patterns or light throw of the 991 LED headlights in particular but have experienced them briefly on an Audi loaner. I personally did not care for the color temperature of the LED lights. The temperature is allegedly supposed to be closer to daylight, but in my limited experience as a driver in that car and as a passenger in a couple of other modern cars with LED headlights, the color temperature is way too "cool" for my liking. It is too white/ bluish compared to the xenons, which are warmer (although Xenons are cooler than halogen headlights) and as such my eyesight loses some visual acuity because of it even though they are bright. Brightness will vary between different cars.

I am also very happy with the Bi-Xenons w/ PDLS in my C2.

If I was in your position, I would request a night time demonstration of both and pick which you prefer ,budget allowing. If you do not feel like spending the extra 3K, I would just go with the Bi-Xenons. I think in typical 911 fashion, they are overpriced.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:25 PM
ymg91150
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the LEDs on my 911 50. Illumination, brightness and temperature is just great. But I also like the functionality. Beside PDLS, the lights adjust to the traffic situation and automatically dims from high to normal beam when a car appears ahead. IMHO, the LEDs increase the level of security and drive comfort at night.

Besides, xenon will vanish, LED will be the standard light very soon. Of course, the xenon are great as well and the LEDs are far from being a must have option. But they are a more reasonable expense then a lot of other stuff I packed in to my car.

But: The price is absolutely ridiculous – as ridiculous as any other option Porsche offers.

Quick Reply: Question for LED light owners