Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 C2S Sport Chrono - No Rev Matching?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 07:49 PM
cscowden
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 991 C2S Sport Chrono - No Rev Matching?

I just picked up my 2013 991 C2S with Sport Chrono and 7MT. It is used and purchased from another Rennlister. I thought the rev matching was an automatic feature for the 7 speed when in Sport Plus, but it is not working. I wonder if it has been disengaged some how? Any ideas?
Old 04-13-2014, 08:20 PM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

check the driver's door panel for manufactured date, if it's before Oct. 2012, no rev-matching. Congrats on the sweet car though!
Old 04-13-2014, 09:02 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well ain't that a Barrel of Monkeys? Before this date no rev matching, before that date no rear view camera with the parking feature. Reminds me of people and their websites years ago when they part of the website wasn't finished and they would put up a stupid little gif that stated "Under Construction". Listen, if you're happy little *** is going to offer something but you can't for whatever reason over it as a complete option don't even bother to mention it at all. And don't offer it mid year, wait for the following year. I mean what Caccada!
Old 04-13-2014, 09:48 PM
cscowden
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's it. manufactured date was 8/12. i'm sure some will see that as a positive. I am fine with the H&T, but really liked the rev match when i test drove a newer model. i wonder if I can have it retrofitted?
Old 04-13-2014, 10:00 PM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cscowden
i wonder if I can have it retrofitted?
I'm afraid not.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:11 PM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts

The first thing I disabled. Learn your car without it. You'll have a lot more fun!
Old 04-14-2014, 12:24 PM
socalsteve
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 122554
The first thing I disabled. Learn your car without it. You'll have a lot more fun!
What he said!!!
Old 04-14-2014, 12:33 PM
maxpowers
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

How would you suggest learning to do it? I've driven a MT sports car my whole life, but never learned to heel toe, since I've never needed to do it.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:03 PM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by maxpowers
How would you suggest learning to do it? I've driven a MT sports car my whole life, but never learned to heel toe, since I've never needed to do it.
YouTube search box enter heel toe pedal covers with heel- toe extensions from srp racing or others can help.
Attached Images  
Old 04-14-2014, 01:50 PM
Jay-S
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 49 Posts

I was first taught at the Porsche Driving School in Alabama and it was overwhelming to try to do everything at once. When I got home I broke it into parts and mastered those. Then I put it together.

1. Learn to rev match / blip the throttle. Best done as you are coasting on a highway exit ramp (no brake). As the car slows, shift into a lower gear by rev matching or blipping the throttle. One foot is on the gas, one on the clutch. You know you have it right when the car doesn't change revs when you pull the clutch out. Don't run into the car in front of you as you practice this.

2. Learn how to brake and blip the throttle at the same time. Don't worry about down-shifting as you learn this. You'll need to figure out what works for your feet. I like keeping the heel of my foot on the gas and hitting the brake with my toes (or pad)

3. Put 1 & 2 together.

It is very rewarding when you do it right.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:53 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Well ain't that a Barrel of Monkeys? Before this date no rev matching, before that date no rear view camera with the parking feature. Reminds me of people and their websites years ago when they part of the website wasn't finished and they would put up a stupid little gif that stated "Under Construction". Listen, if you're happy little *** is going to offer something but you can't for whatever reason over it as a complete option don't even bother to mention it at all. And don't offer it mid year, wait for the following year. I mean what Caccada!
Tacet:

Don't forget to take your meds today. That is all I am going to say.

And make sure you don't step on that caccada!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 04-14-2014, 02:41 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 220 Likes on 146 Posts

Amazing how times have changed. I remember how owners of the Nissan 370Z were derided when this technology was introduced in 2008 on the 370Z. Now even many Porsche owners are disappointed if their cars don't have this technology. I suppose it's a moot point since manuals won't be offered by anyone in a few years.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:37 PM
maxpowers
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay-S
I was first taught at the Porsche Driving School in Alabama and it was overwhelming to try to do everything at once. When I got home I broke it into parts and mastered those. Then I put it together.

1. Learn to rev match / blip the throttle. Best done as you are coasting on a highway exit ramp (no brake). As the car slows, shift into a lower gear by rev matching or blipping the throttle. One foot is on the gas, one on the clutch. You know you have it right when the car doesn't change revs when you pull the clutch out. Don't run into the car in front of you as you practice this.

2. Learn how to brake and blip the throttle at the same time. Don't worry about down-shifting as you learn this. You'll need to figure out what works for your feet. I like keeping the heel of my foot on the gas and hitting the brake with my toes (or pad)

3. Put 1 & 2 together.

It is very rewarding when you do it right.
Thanks! I know how to rev match downshifts, but never tried to hit the brake and throttle at the same time. It sounds like fun and I'll definitely give it a try
Old 04-15-2014, 07:50 AM
Jay-S
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 49 Posts

Thanks! I know how to rev match downshifts, but never tried to hit the brake and throttle at the same time. It sounds like fun and I'll definitely give it a try
When you practice #2, keep the clutch in and - most importantly - solid braking takes priority!
Old 04-15-2014, 08:49 AM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts

It was a lot easier when the pedals were hinged on the bottom!

Quick Reply: 991 C2S Sport Chrono - No Rev Matching?