Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spoiler won't go down

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 09:15 PM
Viper3838
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In our coupes with sunroofs, the spoiler raises higher when the sunroof is opened at hwy speeds and when it does this, the spoiler could be seen in the rear view mirror.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:33 PM
pfan
Pro

Received 78 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeffdehr
I can't see mine in rear view mirror. C4S Cab too. I know it works because when I raise it it's dirty underneath. Adds another step to the wash process!
Might be hidden from view by the hump on the Cab? Also seat height would affect the rearward vision angle.

Last edited by pfan; 05-07-2015 at 12:04 PM.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:39 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by pfan
Glad to see the problem appears to be solved.

My spoiler is clearly visible in the rear view when in the raised position. Also, with the sunroof open, the spoiler will raise an additional few degrees.
I was able to see the spoiler when it's raised but did not know it would go an additional few degree with the sunroof/ glass roof opened. Gotta go to check that out.

With the 997, we weren't able to see the spoiler when it's up, so there was a fun trend on "ways to find out if the spoiler is up".

Last edited by THPorsche; 04-07-2014 at 10:47 AM.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:09 AM
mtbscott
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hmmm. I can see the spoiler up in my side mirrors but have to kind of "lean out" to see that, I've never noticed it in the rearview or knew about the sunroof thing, I'll have to look next time I have those conditions.

As far as the OP's original question, I usually raise mine when washing and drying the car, then pull the key out. When I put the key back in, I have to hit the button twice (once to see the red indicator come on, then let off and push it again to lower it).
Old 04-07-2014, 10:59 AM
stealthboy
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I can only see the corner tip of my spoiler through the side mirror when my sunroof is open (since it tilts up a few more degrees). With the sunroof down I cannot see the spoiler at all, no matter how much I strain to see it in the side mirror. I can never see it through the rearview mirror.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:38 AM
rlhyde
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with JLNike. The spoiler is clearly visible in the rear view mirror when it is raised. I recently allowed a friend drive mine, and even pointed it out to him after repeatedly urging him to go faster so he could see it. You can see the top 6-10 inches, depending on your seat position. It also raises further with the sun roof open. Finally, for those who say they have seen 911's with the spoiler raised at "low speeds," remember that the spoiler goes up around 75-80 MPH, and down around 40-45 MPH. (Those speeds are approximations based on my experience.)

Last edited by rlhyde; 04-07-2014 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Spelling Error
Old 04-07-2014, 03:40 PM
JDC48
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you hold the spoiler button down for about 10 to 15 seconds the spoiler will go to the sunroof open position(on a non spasm car). If you don't let go of the button as soon as it goes to the fully extended position it will go all the way down again and you will need to drive the car for the wing to reset. You can no longer raise the wing at all with the button until you drive over approx 15 mph.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:03 AM
rsdarcan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by arch7
Thanks everyone!
I tried a little driving up and down the driveway, but nothing. As soon as I hit the road, maybe 15 mph, it went down. Also a strange thing was that I could see the spoiler in the rear view mirror. I wonder if I somehow got it into a 'service' position or something since it was higher than normal. Everything back to normal, thanks for your input!
I believe the spoiler is variable depending on the speed your going. Sometimes I can really see it and others I can just barley see it. I asked my service advisor if it was variable and he said yes.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:09 AM
rpilot
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If it's been over 4 hours, call the doctor, er.. dealer.

Quick Reply: Spoiler won't go down