Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Info on PCA 59th Porsche Parade - Monterey, CA - June 15-21, 2014!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 01:42 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

As of Friday night, we still had a few spots open at the underground Hyatt Regency Conference Center garage for Concours Prep!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images     
Old 06-14-2014, 02:18 AM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Eduardo, is there a way I could buy a case of that 50th wine and have it shipped to UK?
Old 06-14-2014, 03:08 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Mondrian
Eduardo, is there a way I could buy a case of that 50th wine and have it shipped to UK?
It's not the 50th you think! This special magnum was commissioned 16 years ago for a 356 Registry Holiday in Monterey which celebrated the 50th Anniversary of Porsche (the company): 1948-1998! Notice that the facsimile on the bottle is of 356 Nr. 1 (Gmund). So it's quite old and has nothing to do with the current 911 50th. This bottle is the last one left at the Bernardus winery and actually belongs to Ben Pon himself! They just let me borrow it for a special event I am hosting at my home in Carmel during the Porsche Parade next week!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images   
Old 06-14-2014, 03:41 AM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I figured as much due to the 356 drawing but if its last then no chance anyway. You should talk them into doing another 50th batch - 1st 911 didn't roll out till 1964 and so there is still time no?

Come to think of it, a German wine would be more befitting & I suppose Trollinger would be the obvious choice! Upside is that just like 911's of yesteryears its an acquired taste!

Last edited by Mondrian; 06-14-2014 at 06:21 AM.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:24 AM
sqweak
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 88 Posts

Eduardo-

As usual, your contributions are immense and extensively documented. Thank you for all the knowledge you share!

We leave in the morning for the drive up from LA. I spent summers in Carmel attending Carmel Valley Tennis Camp as a pre-teen over 20 years ago, but this will be my first extended time back there since.

I hope to meet you during the next week!

Corey
Old 06-20-2014, 09:24 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi. Looking for some advice from those in the know. I didn't think I was going to be able to make it down to Monterey but a project has finished early and I am back in town (South Bay).

If I am able to drive down today (Friday) and maybe again on Saturday - what would there be to do and see? Recommendations very much appreciated as from their website it looks like I've missed most of the activities.

Advice on general directions as to where to head when down there would be appreciated.

I did not register - is that an issue? Guessing not worth it at this stage.

Thanks!
Old 06-20-2014, 12:47 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by sqweak
Eduardo-

As usual, your contributions are immense and extensively documented. Thank you for all the knowledge you share!

We leave in the morning for the drive up from LA. I spent summers in Carmel attending Carmel Valley Tennis Camp as a pre-teen over 20 years ago, but this will be my first extended time back there since.

I hope to meet you during the next week!

Corey
Corey:

It was great to meet you & your wife. Hope to see you again at our neck of the California woods! When I moved to California from NYC in the late 1980's, I lived in an apartment building at Via Marina & Tahiti Way for almost one year. Had then the 914 and 911 SC and joined POC (Porsche Owners Club). Used to track at the old Riverside and Willow. Good old days!

Originally Posted by Dalema
Hi. Looking for some advice from those in the know. I didn't think I was going to be able to make it down to Monterey but a project has finished early and I am back in town (South Bay).

If I am able to drive down today (Friday) and maybe again on Saturday - what would there be to do and see? Recommendations very much appreciated as from their website it looks like I've missed most of the activities.

Advice on general directions as to where to head when down there would be appreciated.

I did not register - is that an issue? Guessing not worth it at this stage.

Thanks!
Friday:

Tech sessions at the Hyatt 10 am to 5 pm. So can walk around the Hyatt Regency parking lot, see cars and talk to their owners if you see them.

6pm: Autocross Banquet at Carmel Mission. You'll be able to see cars parked in the general vicinity of the Mission.

Saturday: 7 am departure for Canepa's near Santa Cruz. You might try to follow and visit that facility too.

3 pm to 5 pm Parade of Porsches
They'll stage at Laguna Seca (not Monterey Peninsula College). You can't join unless you are an entrant but you can watch them do two Parade laps at Laguna. This will be your best bet to see the most cars in one place and talk to the owners as they are being staged for the 'Parade'. This is an old tradition of PCA annual meets and it's how the event got it's original name!

Victory Banquet (final) at the Hyatt starting at 6 pm. You will see cars in parking lot.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Last edited by Z356; 06-21-2014 at 01:39 AM.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:37 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Z356

Saturday: 7 am departure for Canepa's near Santa Cruz. You might try to follow and visit that facility too.

3 pm to 5 pm Parade of Porsches
I think they'll meet at the Monterey Peninsula College parking place and proceed to Laguna Seca. You can't join unless you are an entrant but you'll see them drive off if you attend the start. This will be your best bet to see the most cars in one place and talk to the owners as they are being staged for the 'Parade'. This is an old tradition of PCA annual meets and it's how the event got it's original name!

Victory Banquet (final) at the Hyatt starting at 6 pm. You will see cars in parking lot.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
The Parade of Porsches will stage directly at Laguna Seca at 3 PM. If any non-entrant want to see many of the Parade goers do two laps around Laguna, be there starting at 3 PM thru 5PM!

Quick Reply: Info on PCA 59th Porsche Parade - Monterey, CA - June 15-21, 2014!