Sponsored by:

Auto dimming mirror issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 08:04 PM
fester
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Auto dimming mirror issues

I've been having intermittent issues with auto dim rear view & door mirrors. The headlights glare at night doesn't seem to be reduced and when pressing on/off on the rear view mirror with yellow LED turning on/off I see no difference...other times it seems to be working. This feature worked flawlessly in my BMW and on Lexus.

Has anyone else experienced similar issue and if yes, how Porsche service fixed it? I'm worried if I take up there it's going to behave --I hate these intermittent issues!!!
Old 03-03-2014, 12:11 AM
VIC_50th
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Not directly relevant, as my 991 is still 9 wk, 5 days from pick-up (yes I'm keeping track, ya know!), but the auto dim function worked perfectly on my 997.
Again indirectly relevant, I have exactly the same issue you are describing with my wife's A3 - I find it very annoying. Perhaps Porsche is using similar pieces to those Audi uses?
Old 03-04-2014, 03:36 AM
fester
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 61 Posts

Likely...I took a tip and tried out few times by covering the sensors...it does respond but is very subtle. I guess I was expecting more as it seems to be doing the job. I'll keep on monitoring it though...

Quick Reply: Auto dimming mirror issues