Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally saw some winter

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 01:36 PM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

whoops double post in mad editing tabbed haste, lol.

Last edited by Nicoli35; 02-26-2014 at 01:39 PM. Reason: double post
Old 02-26-2014, 04:03 PM
trysixty
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

35F and your driving topless?
Old 02-26-2014, 07:27 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nicoli gets more use out of his cab than most folks who live in Cali or Florida!
Old 02-27-2014, 12:10 AM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

haha i dunno..i just like to have fun. topless is fun. Been doing this since I was 16, tops are much better these days.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:19 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicoli35
Howdy,

post 4 here, and some other various threads if you search on 'phone mount' or 'iphone mount' or something, (man, that thread..miss ya Gary..) but quickly can say it's a custom bracket from a seattle shop (benchmark) with a ProClip lightning mount attached.

Nic!

You're a madman! lol. 35 deg. and the top down. I think Porsche should be paying you some kind of top down, frostbite durability testing stipend.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:00 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by mb97tts
My wife isn't the happiest about another toy inbound...............

Google Glasses would send her straight over the edge!!!
And that would be a bad thing beacuse...?
Old 02-27-2014, 07:15 AM
trysixty
Racer

Originally Posted by MarcusG
Nic!
You're a madman! lol. 35 deg. and the top down. I think Porsche should be paying you some kind of top down, frostbite durability testing stipend.

Let's at least share your secrets to being able to stand that low of temperature. I have driven mine at 44F and just froze despite having heat to max,heated seats on, heated steering wheel on, wind screen up, long underwear, three jackets, gloves, wool skull cap. I always do keep the windows down, which may be part of my problem.......since "topless" is defined that way!!
Old 02-27-2014, 12:13 PM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Rule 1: Never put windows up with top down. Only exception is if you are doing 75 on a highway and actually need to get somewhere. Or if you drive a corvette. Rule 2: you have to want it. Rule 3: be the ball. Grow up riding motorcycles from a young age (5) through forests, farmlands, fields, streams, winters, etc. Get your moped license on your 14th birthday having looked forward to that moment for years. Ride the wheels off that visiting big cities nearby using only secondary country roads and worrying your parents sick. Ride through rain and love the feeling. Learn. Adapt. Turn 16. Continue the spirit. Never forget what it's like to be 10 years old. Never. Buy a Porsche C2S cab and go nuts as it's the ultimate open top motorcycle racer in a car for this specific person. Live life every day. Remember it's a lot of luck to be here. Be humble. Respect elders and care for family. Love the one you are with. Peace of mind enables a great many things. That's all I've got sitting in a parking lot waiting for my amazing wife to come back with our morning lattes from her favorite store. I leave the top up for her. sent with iOS using Rennlist

Last edited by Nicoli35; 02-27-2014 at 12:48 PM.
The following users liked this post:
OMTarga4S (11-07-2022)
Old 02-27-2014, 06:28 PM
Mcx
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Rule 1: Never put windows up with top down. Only exception is if you are doing 75 on a highway and actually need to get somewhere. Or if you drive a corvette. Rule 2: you have to want it. Rule 3: be the ball. Grow up riding motorcycles from a young age (5) through forests, farmlands, fields, streams, winters, etc. Get your moped license on your 14th birthday having looked forward to that moment for years. Ride the wheels off that visiting big cities nearby using only secondary country roads and worrying your parents sick. Ride through rain and love the feeling. Learn. Adapt. Turn 16. Continue the spirit. Never forget what it's like to be 10 years old. Never. Buy a Porsche C2S cab and go nuts as it's the ultimate open top motorcycle racer in a car for this specific person. Live life every day. Remember it's a lot of luck to be here. Be humble. Respect elders and care for family. Love the one you are with. Peace of mind enables a great many things. That's all I've got sitting in a parking lot waiting for my amazing wife to come back with our morning lattes from her favorite store. I leave the top up for her. sent with iOS using Rennlist
That's a great post, reminds me of my youth riding mopeds and driving an mg midget. Almost makes me want to get a convertible..cheers
Old 03-01-2014, 09:14 AM
trysixty
Racer

When you say "ride through rain and love it"................I hope your not doing topless in the rain too!!! I've tried it in a very very light rain at 60 mph and the wind stream keeps the rain out of the cab, but it ain't fun and I feel stupid driving with the top down and the windshield wipers on
Old 03-01-2014, 09:55 AM
llstuey
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice post. I still feel guilty about how much my parents worried about my bike.

Quick Reply: Finally saw some winter