Money2536
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 78 Posts

I like to think of it as superior...
Old 06-08-2014, 01:22 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

I was out playing in the garage all day yesterday, so I decided to get the camera out and make a Foam Cannon demo video. Well, that turned into a Foam Cannon Demo PLUS, PLUS video. I figured I'd add to my journal some of my car washing gear, so others might not waste as much money as I have through trial and error.

Here is a list with links to the gear I have and use:

Pressure Washer: Kranzle 1122TST
http://www.pressurewashersdirect.com...her/p9832.html

Foam Cannon: MTM Hydro
http://www.pressurewashersdirect.com...263/p6154.html

High Pressure Quick Connects: This gets expensive, but you need 4 of the male connections with the black plastic ring around the end:
1. Inlet from the high pressure hose to the gun
2./3. Each high pressure nozzle
4. Foam Cannon
and you need two female connects
1. Connection of gun and nozzles
2. High pressure hose end.
http://www.pressurewashersdirect.com...KIT/p1851.html

***You also need to go to your local Home Depot or Lowes to get I believe a male 3/8" treaded to female 1/2" treaded coupler to add the quick connect to the MTM Foam Cannon. Don't hold me to those sizes. Take them both to the store with you to figure out the size you need. Also get some teflon tape to make sure your connections don't leak.

Low Pressure Hose to Connect Pressure Washer to Hose Bib:
http://www.eleyhosereels.com/accessory/inlet-hose/

Low Pressure Quick Connects: For the pressure washer you need two of them.
1. Hose to Hose Bib. I have one of these, but it's too heavy/bulky for the other side of the hose.
http://www.eleyhosereels.com/accesso...onnect-set-34/

2. Hose to Pressure washer.
http://www.pressurewashersdirect.com...010/p1847.html

Hose Reel: Eley Corp. Standard Capacity
http://www.eleyhosereels.com/reels/wall-mount/

Hose: I have a 3/4" Good Year that I bought from Adam's a few years ago. It appears they don't sell it any longer. I would probably buy a the Polyurethane one from Eley or the new one Griot's is selling. I would get a least 100 ft. option. You will need two more low pressure quick connects for this hose.

http://www.eleyhosereels.com/accesso...e-garden-hose/

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...ortby=ourPicks

Spray Nozzles: I have two of them. Eley Pistol Nozzle and Adam's Fire Hose that I don't think they make any longer. You will need the male ends of the quick connects for each.
http://www.eleyhosereels.com/accesso...ay-nozzle-set/

Forgive my lack of presentation skills and goofy attire. My obviously unscripted video still gets the point across. At least I think it does. Grab some popcorn and feel free to mock and poke fun.

Last edited by Money2536; 06-09-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:43 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 321 Likes on 194 Posts

Old 06-09-2014, 09:07 AM
BlackBeauty
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 72 Posts

Matt - another great summary! Just curious why you don't fill the wheel bucket with Adams soap and the have a soapy wheel woolie ready to get in there to clean? Is there a cross contamination issue if the cleaning products?

What are your thoughts on using a brake dust repellant? My concern would be getting the spray in the rotors or calipers and inadvertently reducing your braking power.

By the way, your exhaust sound is INSANE!!!

Thanks!!!
Old 06-09-2014, 09:45 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,407 Likes on 2,514 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackBeauty
What are your thoughts on using a brake dust repellant? My concern would be getting the spray in the rotors or calipers and inadvertently reducing your braking power.
This is a non issue. I've been using the Armor All Wheel Protectant for years with great success.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:19 AM
991999R
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi matt, did you let your dealer prep your car for delivery?
Old 06-09-2014, 12:42 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BlackBeauty
Matt - another great summary! Just curious why you don't fill the wheel bucket with Adams soap and the have a soapy wheel woolie ready to get in there to clean? Is there a cross contamination issue if the cleaning products?

By the way, your exhaust sound is INSANE!!!

Thanks!!!
I've always preferred to have the hose handy to spray off the tools as I'm using them. When I used to use a bucket for the wheels, I felt like I needed to change it halfway through due to the massive amount of dirt/dust that fills up the bucket. It just feels cleaner to me rather than a nasty bucket of dirty water with all of my brushes. I feel like my brushes have less chance of getting dirt and sand in them because I'm not dumping them out on the ground when I empty the bucket. I'm not sure this is the right way to do it, but it's been my way for years.

In my opinion, the wheel wax, sealant, or in this case Opti-Coat does the job to help ensure dust doesn't cake on or build up. So I don't use any after treatment to the wheels after cleaning. That being said, I've done an experiment with my S4 that has naked/untreated wheels. As long as you clean the wheels every week or two, I'm not sure that it really matters.

I do spray the rotors with Hyde's to help with the oxidation. It works pretty well.

On a side note, I know everyone is in love with Opti-Coat, but I think it's so, so at best. It's the wanna-be wax, that doesn't look as good as a wax for the lazy man.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:44 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 991999R
hi matt, did you let your dealer prep your car for delivery?
Not a chance I let the dealer touch the car. You should know me better than that by now. Although I don't have a choice on my Performance Center Delivery for my F80 M3. I'm twitching a bit thinking about it.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:55 PM
991999R
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Money2536
Not a chance I let the dealer touch the car. You should know me better than that by now. Although I don't have a choice on my Performance Center Delivery for my F80 M3. I'm twitching a bit thinking about it.
i knew deep down...did you just give strip off the film, take off the bumper pad and bring it straight home or did you do anything else there? i'm only 6 or 7 miles from the dealership so i figured i would just take an adhesive remover spray and then bring home for some tlc.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:22 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

i knew deep down...did you just give strip off the film, take off the bumper pad and bring it straight home or did you do anything else there? i'm only 6 or 7 miles from the dealership so i figured i would just take an adhesive remover spray and then bring home for some tlc.
I had them take off all of the plastic off the exterior and interior just to make sure there weren't any major issues. I'm 30 miles from the dealership, and it figures that it was raining. It did take some convincing to make sure they didn't wash the car. I had to assure them I wouldn't blow up their survey.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:54 PM
Ceepe
Rennlist Member

Received 579 Likes on 297 Posts

Post continues to reward. Great video and description of products. I'm about to jump on this whole setup. Thanks.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:58 PM
991999R
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Money2536
I had them take off all of the plastic off the exterior and interior just to make sure there weren't any major issues. I'm 30 miles from the dealership, and it figures that it was raining. It did take some convincing to make sure they didn't wash the car. I had to assure them I wouldn't blow up their survey.
i'm getting a lot of that as well..like they really really really don't want me doing anything. i surveyed their new cars and i told them that they do a crappy job. i think they think i'm joking...

thanks again for your notes. i just moved into my new house and used your notes to help design a washing system for the garage and the backyard. also getting this epoxy finish down next week in gray mist. will post pics once its all done.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Flowfast Quartz_V5.pdf (1.16 MB, 159 views)
Old 06-09-2014, 03:43 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

i'm getting a lot of that as well..like they really really really don't want me doing anything. i surveyed their new cars and i told them that they do a crappy job. i think they think i'm joking...

thanks again for your notes. i just moved into my new house and used your notes to help design a washing system for the garage and the backyard. also getting this epoxy finish down next week in gray mist. will post pics once its all done.
Keep me post on the flooring. Mine was a complete disaster. I wasted $3,800 on my stupid epoxy with urethane, and it looks terrible. I'm going to redo is early next year when I do the cabinets, etc.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:46 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ceepe
Post continues to reward. Great video and description of products. I'm about to jump on this whole setup. Thanks.
Nice! I'm so happy others like to waste their hard earned money on awesome stuff like me. I remind my wife every day that I'm not the only one.

Quick Reply: Money2536's White 991 C2S Journal