Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Money2536's White 991 C2S Journal

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 06:10 PM
Jonatan
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for sharing! I love this thread . I've done something similar with my 991 4S but it's on a Spanish forum!

Anyway, I'm impressed by the AWE Tuning exhaust and since I'm already have PSE... is the enable/disable PSE button from console working with these AWE Tuning exhausts?

I always have PSE enabled, but on the highway doing several kilometres I usually disable them. Do you know by any chance if the AWE ones are annoying during a considerable amount of time (with the "disable" mode if they have one).

Thanks!
Old 05-26-2014, 06:41 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonatan
Thanks for sharing! I love this thread . I've done something similar with my 991 4S but it's on a Spanish forum!

Anyway, I'm impressed by the AWE Tuning exhaust and since I'm already have PSE... is the enable/disable PSE button from console working with these AWE Tuning exhausts?

I always have PSE enabled, but on the highway doing several kilometres I usually disable them. Do you know by any chance if the AWE ones are annoying during a considerable amount of time (with the "disable" mode if they have one).

Thanks!
I'd love to see your thread. Post a link please.

The PSE button operates the same. Disabled, it sounds just a tad louder than PSE.
Old 05-26-2014, 06:46 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 129 Posts

Money,

So what you are saying is with your new setup the exahust is now a little louder than the stock PSE in the "off" position?

Dying to hear a sample as soon as you post. PSE switch on and off.

Thanks Money!
Old 05-26-2014, 08:36 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MarcusG
Money,

So what you are saying is with your new setup the exahust is now a little louder than the stock PSE in the "off" position?

Dying to hear a sample as soon as you post. PSE switch on and off.

Thanks Money!
Yes, with the PSE button set to the OFF position, it sounds very much like stock.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:26 PM
Sleekride
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Money. Just made my decision much easier.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:14 PM
Jonatan
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Money2536
I'd love to see your thread. Post a link please.

The PSE button operates the same. Disabled, it sounds just a tad louder than PSE.
Thanks for your reply!

Sure, my "journal" is here http://www.soloporsche.com/showthread.php?t=65385
Old 05-31-2014, 10:05 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

I had to make a quick note about AWE. Not long ago, I was complaining about the wait time to get my exhaust. I was about four weeks into waiting and was growing impatient. I see now why I was waiting. I've seen many others order the exhaust all around the same time, so it's makes sense why it took so long. There has been a lot of demand. Well my discomfort has been completely forgotten.

I sent Zack at AWE a PM on Sunday that I lost a tip and asked him if I could BUY another one. He got back to me that day, on a holiday weekend, telling me he'll take care of it this week. I wasn't sure what that meant. Well it meant he was going to send me a replacement tip at no charge! I received my new tip on Friday of this short week! I got it installed, made a few tweaks, and took a few shots. It started raining like crazy, so I couldn't go out to get outdoor photos.

Thanks again Zack! I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I'm loving the exhaust.

Don't worry, I got that mess from the recycling cleaned up.

Old 05-31-2014, 10:20 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Default Detailing Supplies

I need more detailing supplies like I need another whole in the head. It's like an addiction. Since my Sonax PNS failed me, I've decided to give a high-end (aka waste of money) wax a try. Per the persuasion of forum member addysdaddy, I decided to expand my horizons. I was going to get Swissvax Concorso, but bought Auto Finesse Desire at 20% off instead. It will be a while before I give it a go as I just put some Collinite on the 911.

I bought the following:

Auto Finesse Desire Carnuba
P21S Polishing Soap for the exhaust tips
Chemical Guys Citrus Red Wash for stripping LSP prior to polishing
1Z Einzett ColourTec Wheel Cleaner: I'm just not wild about Sonax Full Effect any longer. I want to find something different.
TufShine Tire Clearcoat: I tried this when I was at Autogeek detailing school. I hate shinny tires. This stuff looked great on Mike Phillip's truck.
3.5" Backing Plate: I got this to put on my old Griot's 6" orbital to use with my 4" Pads.
Boar's Hair Lug Brush from Wheel Whoolies: My Swissvax one is moldy.
Griot's Rubber Cleaner: I abandoned this for a while. I'm going back to it. It works quite well in my opinion.
Wax Pads: For applying Wolf's trim/glass sealant and Opti-Coat.
New Tire Scrubbing Brush: It's made by TufShine. I liked to size and shape of it. We'll see how it works on lower cars with low profile tires.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:53 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

I find your comments on the Sonax products interesting.

A couple of years ago, I called Auto Geek to complain about the Speed Master wheel brushes I bought from them (whole different story), which are highly recommended on their web site. During our conversation I asked for a recommendation on a wheel cleaner and he suggested Sonax Full Effect. I tried it ONCE and was underwhelmed, to say the least. I threw the remaining product in the trash that same day.

Ever since that episode, I stopped using Auto Geek and have been using Autopia for car care products. I know that Auto Geek and Autopia are owned by the same company, (hell they both probably operate out of the same warehouse) but "screw me once, I might give you a second chance; screw me twice and I am done with you."

OK, rant over. Just thinking about the Auto Geek issue got me riled up again. Sorry to muck up your thread!
Old 06-01-2014, 09:58 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,413 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Money, let me know what you think of the AF Desire. I bought AF Illusion. So far, so good. 2 coats over my OptiCoat Pro. It seemed like the longer I let it dry, the easier it was to buff off. 10-15 minutes was too short. An hour worked better. High 60's with low relative humidity. Second coat (the following day) was even easier.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:46 AM
RichardC
Instructor

LexVan,

How are you finding topping Opti-Coat with a wax? My concern is losing the hydrophobic qualities of Opti-Coat and the ease of keeping the car clean.

Richard
Old 06-01-2014, 11:27 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,413 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Originally Posted by RichardC
LexVan, How are you finding topping Opti-Coat with a wax? My concern is losing the hydrophobic qualities of Opti-Coat and the ease of keeping the car clean. Richard
I thought about that. 2 coats of carnauba latter. LOL! I'll know in about a week. Haven't rewahed it yet. Bottom line, carnauba doesn't last that long.

I spent over $125 for the AF Illusion before I decided on OptiCoat Pro. So. I didn't want it to go to a complete waste.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:54 AM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gota911
I find your comments on the Sonax products interesting.

A couple of years ago, I called Auto Geek to complain about the Speed Master wheel brushes I bought from them (whole different story), which are highly recommended on their web site. During our conversation I asked for a recommendation on a wheel cleaner and he suggested Sonax Full Effect. I tried it ONCE and was underwhelmed, to say the least. I threw the remaining product in the trash that same day.

Ever since that episode, I stopped using Auto Geek and have been using Autopia for car care products. I know that Auto Geek and Autopia are owned by the same company, (hell they both probably operate out of the same warehouse) but "screw me once, I might give you a second chance; screw me twice and I am done with you."

OK, rant over. Just thinking about the Auto Geek issue got me riled up again. Sorry to muck up your thread!
Sonax FE definitely gets the wheels decontaminated, but I'm not sure how "clean" it actually makes them. I'm always having to wipe off additional dirt after the fact. I buy most of my stuff from Detailer's Domain. In my opinion, Auto Geek is like the Wal-Mart of detailing.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:54 AM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LexVan
Money, let me know what you think of the AF Desire. I bought AF Illusion. So far, so good. 2 coats over my OptiCoat Pro. It seemed like the longer I let it dry, the easier it was to buff off. 10-15 minutes was too short. An hour worked better. High 60's with low relative humidity. Second coat (the following day) was even easier.
Will do. I probably won't use it until I get my M3 in late August/early September.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:07 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

I got some outlet's put in for my fans this week. I intended to do it myself. I had an electrician at the house doing some other things, so I decided to let him do it. I had him leave install the outlets so that I could add some retractable power cords. These AirKing Fans are awesome.

I still have a lot of work to do in this garage. I'm going to be painting the walls, fixing the look of the attic access, and getting cabinets to cover the entire back wall. It's going to be awesome to hold me over until I build my ultimate garage.

Quick Reply: Money2536's White 991 C2S Journal