Put a deposit on a targa today

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 01:50 PM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by maxpowers
4S manual.

Aside from getting options in the 4 standard in the S, you get much better low rpm torque, which makes it more fun.

The manual will save you $4k, some weight, add immeasurable amount of fun to driving and give you better control
The manual will save you $4k, some weight, MIGHT add immeasurable amount of fun to driving and MIGHT give you better control if you are a great driver who has mastered heal and toe shifting. It will also be slower.....fixed. I have had 2 MT and 2 PDK 911's. I have more fun with the PDK but you drive both and decide for yourself. To each their own. As far as price, yes, a new hot model will often go for full asking price. I paid full price for mine.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:51 PM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Get the targa 4 without the S and get the PDK!
Old 01-19-2014, 03:57 PM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

He needs PDK for his wife so decision made. Therefore make it an S.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:17 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

The S has better resale too.

Never met an S owner who has said, "Damn, I wish I had bought the base".

Very hard and very expensive to add the power after your purchase.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:20 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,011 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by Fundip
Wow, it's unanimous! Ok, 4s it is.

It will have to be PDK though, as I want my wife to enjoy it as well, and she cannot drive stick.

Just deciding on the color combo now. Was thinking about metallic black or the dark blue with the standard black interior.

Also, the dealer is charging me the full list price. He said that allocations for this are few and since it will likely be a "hot car", they won't discount it. Is that true with new Porsche's? I ordered other hot new cars in the past and was still able to get discounts.
I doubt there will be any discounting, at least early on. Early adopters get things first at a price.
To echo most others, I would only get the 4 if it was a true base model: 7 speed and very few options, if any. Since you need a PDK, no question I would get the 4S. Just please don't get dark blue with espresso natural leather, since that's what I want
I admire your sense of adventure. I have been waiting for this car to come out since I heard the first rumors, but I wouldn't have the courage to order one without seeing and driving first. Of course, $140K is a lot of money to me.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:37 PM
Fundip
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog
I admire your sense of adventure. I have been waiting for this car to come out since I heard the first rumors, but I wouldn't have the courage to order one without seeing and driving first. Of course, $140K is a lot of money to me.
I literally woke up yesterday, saw a pic if it on my phone that a friend sent me randomly, and drove straight to the dealer to order it. No research or anything. I wasn't even in the market for a sports car. I find life more interesting when things are done on a whim.

Yes, the dollar amount is high, but when you divide it by utility derived, I think it's well worth it.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:49 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

I literally woke up yesterday, saw a pic if it on my phone that a friend sent me randomly, and drove straight to the dealer to order it. No research or anything. I wasn't even in the market for a sports car. I find life more interesting when things are done on a whim.

Yes, the dollar amount is high, but when you divide it by utility derived, I think it's well worth it.
I'm sure it'll be great. It won't be a no sunroof turbo or GT3, but you must know that already. I can't wait to see one in the flesh. Maybe by then they'll open PTS...
Old 01-20-2014, 01:15 AM
mdkrp
Burning Brakes

Received 100 Likes on 66 Posts

I saw a 3D video of the targa being retracted at the P dealership last week- it is sick! Car looks awesome - can't wait to see it in real life this summer.
I may just have to turn my C2S Cab in earlier and get into one if these- with a duck tail spoiler
Old 01-20-2014, 10:50 PM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

No duck tail on targa - at least on configurator. Sad, I too would have liked this too. Clearance issue I guess.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:44 PM
fester
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 58 Posts

Targa is heavy, 4S is the way to go!
Old 01-21-2014, 08:29 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fester
Targa is heavy, 4S is the way to go!
Depends on what one wants in the car. I think it would fit my want list nicely; I'm deciding if it can fit my "have" list
I just don't have the personally to order one sight unseen, at least at my net worth level.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:04 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 90 Posts

Full list price for the new Targa may make sense but I would want to do a price check. I would suggest you contact the Porsche internet sales person in all the Porsche dealers in a 100 mile radius. You will find out what is the possible range of discounts and then go to your local dealer.

The link below can help you in working other dealers.

http://www.porschedealer.com/dealer/usLocator/

Mark
Old 01-21-2014, 12:44 PM
911GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow, it's unanimous! Ok, 4s it is.

It will have to be PDK though, as I want my wife to enjoy it as well, and she cannot drive stick.

Just deciding on the color combo now. Was thinking about metallic black or the dark blue with the standard black interior.

Also, the dealer is charging me the full list price. He said that allocations for this are few and since it will likely be a "hot car", they won't discount it. Is that true with new Porsche's? I ordered other hot new cars in the past and was still able to get discounts.
Ironic. I told my dealer if there is any way they could install a second stick, and a fourth pedal I would pay for it to DECREASE the chance my wife would ever want to drive it.

You're a good man Charlie Brown.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:05 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by maxpowers
4S manual.

Aside from getting options in the 4 standard in the S, you get much better low rpm torque, which makes it more fun.

The manual will save you $4k, some weight, add immeasurable amount of fun to driving and give you better control
This. All day.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:07 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by 911GT3
Ironic. I told my dealer if there is any way they could install a second stick, and a fourth pedal I would pay for it to DECREASE the chance my wife would ever want to drive it.
Oh, and this. So completely this.

Quick Reply: Put a deposit on a targa today