Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 50th Anniversary Slots available!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 09:12 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts
Default 2 50th Anniversary Slots available!

Hello Guys,

I just received my allocation today and got a great surprise with two 50th Anniversary slots available to order! I have a March and April build if anyone is interested? Please shoot me an email and I will put your order in the system and of course honor a Rennlist discount.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:51 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Actually, that does not surprise me too much because the 50th cars are not selling like hot cakes. When looking at some dealer's web sites recently, I have noticed that a few dealers have some sitting on the ground, waiting to be adopted.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:32 AM
Buddhamonk
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Im surprised people are ordering '14 c2s but not getting the 50th which has the best bang for your bucks factor. I'm pretty the color choices had something to do with it because it's the reason i canceled my deposit a few months back.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:22 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddhamonk
Im surprised people are ordering '14 c2s but not getting the 50th which has the best bang for your bucks factor. I'm pretty the color choices had something to do with it because it's the reason i canceled my deposit a few months back.
Agreed. It looks like Porsche had w-a-a-y too much Black paint in stock and added some white to come up with Graphite Grey, then added more white to that to come up with Geyser Gray, which is really a bad color, IMO.

Plus, if you want PDK and add that to the 50th, now you are now you are almost at GT3 money. The main downside of the GT3 is all of the alcantara crap on the inside. I wanted to like the 997.2 GT3, but couldn't get past the alcantara, knowing it would look horrible in a couple of years of daily use.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:01 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,406 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Just about any 991S order with a few nice options is in the "GT3 money". I'll pass because I want a manual and need at least a sunroof.

If I wanted a coupe, I would have ordered a 50th in a heartbeat. And would have saved $$$$.

So, I ordered a cabriolet with the PowerKit. Have the whole pallet of Porsche options and colors at my disposal. Pretty easy choice. YMMV.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:22 AM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't think PCNA will have any problems selling them. 600 for USA/50 for Canada is a small number. I would bet that by May they are all gone. My 911/50 was more $ than a GT3 but I did not want a GT3. Not everyone wants/needs a track focused car. If you are stuck on a color that's fine. I would have chosen white or guards red but the graphite grey is nice and black is always popular. The nice thing about the geyser/graphite is that they are unique to this car---you won't see another one going in the opposite direction. Equally optioned, the 911/50 is a very good deal. The only problem is the price of the X-51. I would have ordered the X-51 anyway so the 911/50 was actually a better value (if you consider any $180K car having value). It's not for everyone but a large dealer having 2 available only 2 months into production is no big deal.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:40 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

For anyone looking to order a C4S or C2S coupe who can get past the 3 color options should seriously look at a 50th anniversary. Especially if ordered with a manual and the Geyser or Graphite Grey with the Hounds tooth interior which will be very collectible when we no longer even offer a manual transmission....Around $133,000 gets you a nicely optioned 50th Anniversary car which is what a regular C2 S Coupe would be with similar options:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PEJM7RC2
Old 01-10-2014, 11:21 AM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 542 Likes on 234 Posts

I so wish this announcement was being made next year! Need to finish the MBA first...A 911/50 early present to myself? I wish.

Someone here will be lucky!
Old 01-10-2014, 12:20 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
It looks like Porsche had w-a-a-y too much Black paint in stock and added some white to come up with Graphite Grey, then added more white to that to come up with Geyser Gray
Love or hate the 911_50 colors, that's just silly.

Originally Posted by Bacura
My 911/50 was more $ than a GT3 but I did not want a GT3. Not everyone wants/needs a track focused car.
This ^^^.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:07 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,104 Likes on 663 Posts

I'm OK with the limited colors, but don't understand why you can't get 14 way ventilated seats. The 18 ways didn't fit my frame as well and I wouldn't want them, but love the ventilated seats in my Boxster and don't plan to live without them in the future.
I'm not in the market, but that would annoy me more than the exterior colors.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:23 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Keadog
I'm OK with the limited colors, but don't understand why you can't get 14 way ventilated seats. The 18 ways didn't fit my frame as well and I wouldn't want them, but love the ventilated seats in my Boxster and don't plan to live without them in the future.
I'm not in the market, but that would annoy me more than the exterior colors.
I agree that it should be an option.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:43 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Pepita Seats vs Ventilation on Full Leather

Originally Posted by Keadog
...but don't understand why you can't get 14 way ventilated seats.
My guess is that the 'issue' for not offering 14 way full leather seats with ventilation is related to the special 50th anniversary logo on the seat (first photo). Porsche probably anticipated that the limited demand* for any full leather seat on this model would be greater for the 18 way Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (probably also the one seat option that makes them more money too!). So it probably negotiated with the external seat supplier/vendor for only the 18 Way Adaptives with 'ventilation' & embroidery....not the 14 way Power Sport Seats! Optional Heating, on the other hand, is provided (I believe) on all the seat choices of the 50th Anniversary model - Pepita or leather inlays!

*Why do I say 'Limited Demand' for full leather seats on this model? From my perspective as a longhood early 911 collector and as long time student of Porsche 911 history, I believe that anyone that doesn't choose the unique leather/cloth seats offered on this limited edition 50th Anniversary model is making, in my humble opinion, a costly mistake. The 'pepita' cloth inlays is one of the items that will make this Limited Edition a very desirable model for collectors and will greatly impact the value of your 50th Anniversary in the future! If you know anything about the history of early Porsches (both late 356s & early 911's), you will understand the significance of these unusual 'Pepita' cloth inlays to the myth of these models. This indeed is the 50th Anniversary edition, which tries to connect this limited production model to that early period back in the mid-Sixties! So 'caveat emptor' on choosing the full leather seats on the 50th Anniversary if you really want to maximize the value & relevance of your Limited Edition for posterity! I would guess that the clear majority of 50th Anniversary vehicles will be ordered with the cloth inlays. In Europe, it might be almost 99%! But that is a guess and nothing that we can yet verify.

In general I do agree that the ventilation feature on the new Porsche seats, which began with the .2 997 but has been expanded on the 991, are a great step forward & desirable! However, on this particular 50th Anniversary model, I would forgo them to make certain that I end up with the unique cloth inlays seats which will characterized, even define, this model for years to come!

Saludos,
Eduardo

Attached Images    
The following users liked this post:
964-50 (11-22-2021)
Old 01-10-2014, 05:59 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Z356
However, on this particular 50th Anniversary model, I would forgo them to make certain that I end up with the unique cloth inlays seats which will characterized, even define, this model for years to come!

Saludos,
Eduardo

I agree 100%!
Old 01-10-2014, 06:08 PM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Interesting take on the Pepita/houndstooth cloth seats. I don't think the full leather lessens resale at all. In fact, I think it improves it. I chose full leather because I personally dislike the houndstooth and also thought the original pepita in the early cars was ugly as well. Don't flame me...I know some of you like the houndstooth and that's fine. Most people like full leather but the houndstooth is either like or dislike. I showed the houndstooth to several people who all thought that it was less than attractive and my wife thought it was horrible. When I sell my car I don't believe anyone will turn it down with low mileage because of the full leather. We all pick what WE like and hopefully don't worry about the "next" owner. IMHO, the only thing that will lessen the collectability is a modification from factory specs. Any full factory car will be fine. I hope everyone chooses the houndstooth so there are fewer of mine. "911/50 for sale----one of only 100/1963 to come with full leather"......time will tell. Who likes the original 928 seats with checkers...defined the car...barf bag please.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:44 PM
CBG
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As I have Pepita in my longhood no doubt about the choice when placing the order for my 991-50...

Quick Reply: 2 50th Anniversary Slots available!