Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Car Dealer Prep and Paint ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 09:07 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Yes, and there are a LOT of places that will mess up your car like that with carrerapetes soiled rags, only not just the windshield they'll mess up the whole car. Its sad because the steps involved in doing it right are really not all that hard to learn. But its like driving. Everybody thinks they already know how to do it, so how many sign up for Driver Ed?
Old 12-27-2013, 08:40 PM
TTCarrera
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

One of these laminated 8.5 X 11 cards goes in the back window and on the front dash each time my car goes into my dealership.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:58 PM
DMA3
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthboy
In my dealer's showroom, all of the cars have severe swirls. I can't believe someone would buy one of those right from the showroom floor. The lights they have in the place aren't helping, either... The fine scratches just jump right out.
If you are referring to Tyson's Porsche, I noticed the same thing! I was amazed at the swirls that were obvious with very little attention. When I asked the salesman, his response was "that's the deal with black cars."
Old 01-05-2014, 10:30 PM
stealthboy
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DMA3
If you are referring to Tyson's Porsche, I noticed the same thing! I was amazed at the swirls that were obvious with very little attention. When I asked the salesman, his response was "that's the deal with black cars."
Yes, that's the place. I was just in last week and noticed they had different cars in the showroom but the swirls were even worse. That's not the deal with black cars - that's the deal with their intern wiping down the cars with a dirty rag. As I was perusing the cars I saw him take a rag from a drawer and it looked like it had never been washed.

It broke my heart to see it.

Their lighting doesn't really help, either. The swirls just pop out.

Quick Reply: New Car Dealer Prep and Paint ?