Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scheduled Maintenance Plan - Worth it ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 07:54 PM
Badknees
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Scheduled Maintenance Plan - Worth it ?

How much is the Porsche Scheduled Maintenance Plan? Worth it? Website just says to ask dealer.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:57 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,402 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Not a fan of those. You wind up overpaying, plus, I don't maintain my cars per Porsche's schedule. I do things more often and sooner than required.

There's not much required anyways. Oil changes. A few filters. Brake fluid flushes. Pretty easy to maintain.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:59 PM
Badknees
Racer

My wrench turning days are over, so I have to turn to the dealer. Given that, is it still a bad deal?
Old 12-22-2013, 09:57 PM
rnl
Burning Brakes

Received 451 Likes on 200 Posts

depends…..what are they charging? what does it cover?

frankly, up to 30000 miles it's just three oil changes, cabin filters changed and perhaps some washer fluid and windshield wipers….we're talking about $300 in oil, $125 in oil filters, $60 for the wipers and $80 for the cabin filters…. i'm pushing 60 and I'm still turning wrenches on this beast and on my MGB. that said, I just got a $50 certificate for a service and am taking it to the dealer to change the oil and filter on Friday. they will reset the service interval thing too.

after two years, change the brake fluid…40000 miles, now that's an issue as the plugs and air filters will be changed and the bumper has to come off...
Old 12-22-2013, 10:10 PM
Badknees
Racer

I don't know the price, or what it covers, or for how long. That's why I'm asking before the dealer hits me.

I thought it might be a PNA thing. but now it sounds like it's a dealer specific thing. You buy from a dealer and can only get the service from that dealer?

On a side note, I'm also surprised there isn't an extended warranty from PNA.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:34 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Badknees
I don't know the price, or what it covers, or for how long. That's why I'm asking before the dealer hits me.

I thought it might be a PNA thing. but now it sounds like it's a dealer specific thing. You buy from a dealer and can only get the service from that dealer?

On a side note, I'm also surprised there isn't an extended warranty from PNA.
In my experience, these are third-party plans. I don't think I've seen one offered directly by Porsche.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:25 AM
rnl
Burning Brakes

Received 451 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by Badknees
I don't know the price, or what it covers, or for how long. That's why I'm asking before the dealer hits me. I thought it might be a PNA thing. but now it sounds like it's a dealer specific thing. You buy from a dealer and can only get the service from that dealer? On a side note, I'm also surprised there isn't an extended warranty from PNA.
Hits you? Hey it's a $100k plus purchase. I had the dealer scan and email every doc he wanted me to sign a week prior to the closing. No reputable dealer will try to hit you up at closing with some scam.

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Old 12-23-2013, 04:43 PM
Badknees
Racer

Originally Posted by rnl
Hits you? Hey it's a $100k plus purchase. I had the dealer scan and email every doc he wanted me to sign a week prior to the closing. No reputable dealer will try to hit you up at closing with some scam.
I didn't mean to imply he'd scam me, just that I wanted to know to answer before papers got signed.

I haven't done well with third-party plans. I wish PNA would offer extended warranties.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:55 PM
Porsche 25th
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rnl

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
That^^ is a great idea. I am going to start doing the same thing. Although, 3 of the last 4 cars I purchased were long distance deals any way.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:39 PM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

My dealer didn't even offer, but I asked and he kind of rolled his eyes and showed me the plan, seeming to know I wouldn't be interested. He was right. Pay almost full price in advance versus just PAYG.

Quick Reply: Scheduled Maintenance Plan - Worth it ?