Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pirelli or Michelin winter tires?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 11:23 AM
RedlineRallys
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 991 C2S and use PA4s - they work fantastic. The car is "fun" when the snow is deep.

Highly suggest the PA4s.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:44 PM
enzom
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

As much as I wanted to take the 991 out on my Michelin snows on Saturday, I did not. But I did take my Range Rover Sport on Pirelli Scorpion Winters, and the truck was great. There was ice and snow on the road, and it was not safe. But the truck was easily controllable and I never felt worried. I also drove my wife's Infiniti QX80 on Bridgestone Blizzaks. Those are supposed to be far better snow tires. I actually felt much better on the Pirellis than on the Blizzaks. That must say something about the quality of the Pirelli winter tires. I will take the 991 out when I can and see how the Michelins compare.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:01 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

P 240 winter snow sports, zero issues. Had conti snows on my last turbo, sucked.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:39 PM
rufus scout
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, once I got the car unstuck from the barnyard/driveway today, and slid out to the road by tiptoeing the throttle, I drove to the dealer because the wheel/tire combo I ordered was in. Michelin Alpin PA4s on 20s. Used the Techquipment discount so the price was a bit over $5k with center caps. My dealer installs for free and stores the summer tires for no charge.

Roads were dry on the way home, but what a difference over the PZeros in 30 degree weather. Nice ride, quiet, felt great. Got home and ran through the snow covered (5") barnyard/driveway circle like I was in my Range Rover with BFG M/S tires. Well, not really, but no issues. Snowing again now so will try with snow cover tomorrow. So far, very pleased.

Quick Reply: Pirelli or Michelin winter tires?