Sponsored by:

Speeding tickets

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 01:35 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by CaliforniaZombie
Okay, I hate you a little bit now I did get a ticket - a rather expensive one at that. Well at least I didn't get cited for reckless driving, so I should be thankful for that I suppose. My LEO is probably back on the nascar circuit now. That dude could drive.

Do you still have your '79 SC?
Of course!

And I have a LOT more stories!

Last edited by chuck911; 01-28-2014 at 06:51 PM.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:05 AM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I was working in Ireland for 3 weeks. When I get home my wife informs me we are going a wine tasting that night. I hadn't slept much, but decided to go. We took my 968, after a couple hours I was getting very tired and I really didn't drink. She says lets go home, it's midnight now,I'm all for it.
We leave the place, and there is a great on-ramp to my local highway. I warned the girl that I was going to show her how fast we can go around it. 1st a dbl apex left, followed by decreasing radius right. By the time I got to the highway i was doing around 90, but then i slowed right down to the 65mph. I see one car in review at least 1/4 mile back. I drive the speed limit and 5 miles later the guy runs up on my butt and flicks on then lights. I pull right over.
He comes up to the car, and asks me if i know why i was being pulled over. I say perhaps doing 65 around the on-ramp? He says what were you thinking, 65 is way too fast. I hand him everything and he asks if I've been drinking, What do you say??? I told him of the event and my trip and lack of sleep for my bad judgement. Hell, 65 YOU KNOW. he came back and says the I saw you slow right down and maintain the speed limit, and hands me a ticket for 65, in a 30 zone. I smile and my wife is not saying anything. I treated him with respect and apologized. I say to her this is going to hurt my ins. rating. I decide to contest it in court since he really had no idea how fast i was going.
That day everyone the contested the ticket (10 of us) got a free pass. Yey!! That same week going to a DE, i stop for fuel, about a 1 mile from the track. I go through 4 gears WFO. I get to the track get out and am waiting in line for registration, i see local cop pull up behind the line of cars, gets out and points to my car and says" who owns this thing" I sheepishly raise my hand. Boy did the boys get a howl from that. Got a ticket and I'm out of state so i just pay it. 150.00 now I'm paying for 7 years a surcharge in ma.

Sorry for long post, it resonated with me
Old 12-14-2013, 02:07 AM
///MMB
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweeper
I was working in Ireland for 3 weeks. When I get home my wife informs me we are going a wine tasting that night. I hadn't slept much, but decided to go. We took my 968, after a couple hours I was getting very tired and I really didn't drink. She says lets go home, it's midnight now,I'm all for it.
We leave the place, and there is a great on-ramp to my local highway. I warned the girl that I was going to show her how fast we can go around it. 1st a dbl apex left, followed by decreasing radius right. By the time I got to the highway i was doing around 90, but then i slowed right down to the 65mph. I see one car in review at least 1/4 mile back. I drive the speed limit and 5 miles later the guy runs up on my butt and flicks on then lights. I pull right over.
He comes up to the car, and asks me if i know why i was being pulled over. I say perhaps doing 65 around the on-ramp? He says what were you thinking, 65 is way too fast. I hand him everything and he asks if I've been drinking, What do you say??? I told him of the event and my trip and lack of sleep for my bad judgement. Hell, 65 YOU KNOW. he came back and says the I saw you slow right down and maintain the speed limit, and hands me a ticket for 65, in a 30 zone. I smile and my wife is not saying anything. I treated him with respect and apologized. I say to her this is going to hurt my ins. rating. I decide to contest it in court since he really had no idea how fast i was going.
That day everyone the contested the ticket (10 of us) got a free pass. Yey!! That same week going to a DE, i stop for fuel, about a 1 mile from the track. I go through 4 gears WFO. I get to the track get out and am waiting in line for registration, i see local cop pull up behind the line of cars, gets out and points to my car and says" who owns this thing" I sheepishly raise my hand. Boy did the boys get a howl from that. Got a ticket and I'm out of state so i just pay it. 150.00 now I'm paying for 7 years a surcharge in ma.

Sorry for long post, it resonated with me
If you hadn't admitted to driving you would have gotten away with it in court.

Back when I had my e46 m3 I was driving at around 80-85mph on an interstate to go have lunch with some friends. I get there park and go into the restaurant. A cop walks in 5 minutes later and comes up to me
Cop: where you driving the black bmw?
Me: why?
Cop: have a nice day

Then he walked away and we all started laughing.

Quick Reply: Speeding tickets