Sponsored by:

PTS Mexico Blue C4S Manual Coupe Available

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 10:15 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

Sorry too many attachments:

Last edited by Sonnen Porsche; 02-10-2014 at 10:32 PM.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:34 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

I prefer the red seat inserts over the full seat in red. What is the cost of that option?
Old 12-11-2013, 01:45 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Brett: That is an interesting way to get 'around' the problem that a proper dual tone 'Black/Carrera Red' is not offered officially by Porsche to most of its 991 customers. But it's innovative and quite brilliant, so kudos to you for these two custom orders!

For those of you that are not as familiar with the ins & outs of the 'Black/Red' interior possibilities, let me explain in greater detail. When the 991 first came out, Porsche didn't offer a proper & official dual tone 'Black/Carrera Red' interior leather option. At first the dual tones were limited to 'Agate/Pebble' and 'Black/Platinum'. Later on they added 'Black/Luxor Beige'. And recently 'Espresso/Cognac' became an option on all 991's as well. But 'Black/Carrera Red' Dual Tone remained missing from the option list until just recently, when it was offered on new 911 Turbo S. It is, however, not offered as a 'Dual Tone' color package on any other 911 model, including the expensive base Turbo model!

Early on, creative Porsche dealers tried to create their own combination of 'Black/Carrera Red' in their custom orders of 991's. They initially chose to request, at a cost, a 'deviating color' (e.g. Black) on the dash in an otherwise full leather 'Carrera Red' interior vehicle. This was the optical disaster that Suzy alludes to in her last post, with the plastic trim pieces in the dash still in 'Carrera Red' but with the leather dash in black! (see first & second photo attached below). Before Porsche set up a dual tone 'Black/Luxor Beige' option, dealers were also experimenting with their own custom 'Black/Luxor Beige' combinations, with similar disastrous results! (third photo attached).

Now, with the available 'Black/Luxor Beige' dual option, you get a black dash with proper dash trim in black, top part of door panels in black and top part of rear side panels in black too. The dash, and other black top panels in door and rear are done in deviating stitching of 'Luxor Beige'. And you then have a wonderful & proper dual tone interior, with deviating stitching in key visible parts! And all for $430 more than your basic, dull all 'Black' full leather interior! That is it. Just a $430 additional cost for all of that, including the deviating stitching!

Photos #4 to #8 below are of what Porsche would have done for you had they provided a proper dual tone 'Black/Carrera Red' interior on a 991. This is a no cost option on the expensive Turbo S. It apparently includes leather on the back of the seats, which is not normally included in any other normal 'dual tone' offering. But you get the drift. It would include the deviating stitching on the black leather portions of the interior - dash, top of doors and rear panels. Since it has a component which is Natural/Special leather (the 'Carrera Red' portions), Porsche might feel the need to charge more than the $430 cost of the 'Black/Luxor Beige', 'Black/Platinum' or 'Agate/Pebble'. But it would probably cost less than the $1940 for the optional 'Espresso/Cognac'. Frankly, I am surprised they only charge $1500 for Brett's deviating Carrera Red seats, front & rear, which are done in the more expensive 'Natural/Special' leather.

Here is what Brett has done which is so interesting. Unlike the dealers that order the interiors of the first two photos ('Carrera Red' interior with deviating dash in 'Black' Leather), he has ordered a full 'Black' Leather interior with deviating seats in 'Carrera Red' leather! Lets take the 2014 Rhodium coupe example he mentions in his recent post. For the seats in deviating 'Carrera Red' leather Porsche charged only $1500! For the deviating red stitching on the dash, he was charged $390. For the deviating red stitching on the top of the doors, an extra $390. For the deviating stitching at the top of rear side panels, another extra $390. He has other options in this vehicle, but for the purpose of comparison with the standard 'dual tone' package, let's stop there. In his custom 'Black/Carrera Red' interior, Brett's vehicle doesn't have a contrasting 'Carrera Red' panels in the doors, rear panels or center console area as you would normally find in a proper 'dual tone' package like the one in the attached photos. The look he achieves, however, is attractive and might appeal to those that do not mind less 'Carrera Red', rather than more as found in the dual tone Porsche package! If you like the official dual tone look better, Porsche might even allow you to order deviating bottom door panels and rear panels in 'Carrera Red'. But imagine the total cost to achieve what it normally its offered for just $430 extra in most of its other dual tone packages!

Bottom line: Brett's custom order is innovative...but expensive. The four deviating items on his coupe order are $2670! If Porsche would have instead offered a reasonably priced dual tone Black/Carrera Red', it's cost might be $1000, or perhaps even less, closer to the $430 it asks for its attractive dual tone 'Black/Luxor Beige'!

Saludos,
Eduardo

PS (a) Another saving in Brett's spec is that he doesn't pay nearly $800 extra for having to order deviating color on his carpet. On a Black leather interior, that comes automatically in 'Black'. If you order a 'Carrera Red' interior, the carpet comes automatically in 'Carrera Red'. However, in the 'dual tone' 'Black/Carrera Red' package for the Turbo S, Porsche wisely throws the 'Black' carpet into the program as standard. Logic would follow then that should Porsche offer this dual tone combo on regular 991's at some future date, the carpet would be 'black' at no extra cost to those ordering this dual tone combo!

PS (b) Like Suzy implied in her last post, one way to overcome the 'red colored plastic trim' on a deviating black leather dash on a Carrera Red full leather interior is to order 'CZW' in 'Black Leather'. However, remember this adds an additional $1710 to the cost (which does not include the additional cost of adding a dash in deviating black leather to your order in the first place!). The point in all of this discussion is that Porsche could make 'Black/Carrera Red' much simpler to all of its customers that find this a very attractive & practical (less glare on the windshield) interior combination. And Porsche could offer this combo as a standard dual tone, with deviating stitching and contrasting color panels, for a very realistic price too! Let's hope they do so in the .2 991 mid-model change coming up!

PS (c) By the way, Brett, Porsche owes you a credit of $1100 on the Rhodium car. They charged you for option 24891 in the coupe, but not on the cabriolet (see last attachment). Neither vehicle's seats have deviating stitching. So the charge is redundant. Call Sascha and get a refund! And pass the savings along to the buyer of that beautiful Rhodium coupe!
If you need Sascha's direct number I have it, just send me a message please!
Old 12-11-2013, 02:50 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Jon70
I prefer the red seat inserts over the full seat in red. What is the cost of that option?
$630 on a full leather interior car.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:20 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Suzy991
Z356... You really know all the interior details, just like me. A walking catalog! We have the same mental disorder. I like that! LOL!

The difference is that you have a lot more experience and you know how to write it down in a good way. (You're lucky you don't have to translate it to english!) hahaha.

Good job! Again! Love reading your thread about the interiors. Learned a lot from that.

Suzy (via iOS app)
Suzy: Thanks for your kind words. I am looking forward to celebrating the unique Turbo you are planning to create via 'Porsche Exclusive' in the very near future. My wife and I are avid fans of Switzerland and we have traveled far & wide across your beautiful country. From the French speaking Vevey on Lac Léman, to the Italian speaking Ascona in Lago Maggiore in Ticino, to the Romansh speaking Canton of Grischun to the Swiss-German speaking area of Sigriswil (attached photo) on the northern slope of the Thunersee, we positively love your country! And it is a fabulous place to drive a Porsche sport car!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Attached Images  
Old 12-12-2013, 01:39 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Suzy: Thanks for your kind words. I am looking forward to celebrating the unique Turbo you are planning to create via 'Porsche Exclusive' in the very near future. My wife and I are avid fans of Switzerland and we have traveled far & wide across your beautiful country. From the French speaking Vevey on Lac Léman, to the Italian speaking Ascona in Lago Maggiore in Ticino, to the Romansh speaking Canton of Grischun to the Swiss-German speaking area of Sigriswil (attached photo) on the northern slope of the Thunersee, we positively love your country! And it is a fabulous place to drive a Porsche sport car! Saludos, Eduardo
Unforunately I have decided not to go for the TTS (at least for now). Here is why: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...-going-do.html

Switzerland is a beautiful country. We only live here for about two years now. I fell in love with the country when I was a kid and we spend at least one holiday a year in Switzerland. I'm originally Dutch (half Italian), but we were living close to the Dutch border in Belgium. When I got the oppertunity to move ourselfs and our business to Switzerland, I didn't hesitate a second

Saludos (or Schüss )
Suzanne

Suzy (via iOS app)
Old 12-14-2013, 03:55 AM
fq
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OT, Suzy, a few years ago there used to be someone as passionate about BMWs as you are about P-cars and Audis. They used to post on Roadfly under a handle something like "BMWFormula1...". I have not seen any of their posts lately but their passion for cars and writing style was very similar to yours. I was just wondering if you might be the same person and have moved on from BMWs.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:04 AM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fq
OT, Suzy, a few years ago there used to be someone as passionate about BMWs as you are about P-cars and Audis. They used to post on Roadfly under a handle something like "BMWFormula1...". I have not seen any of their posts lately but their passion for cars and writing style was very similar to yours. I was just wondering if you might be the same person and have moved on from BMWs.
Hahaha no... Although I like most BMW's cars, I have only owned one for a very short time (very bad experience), so I'm not really passionate about BMW... That said, I can get passionate about almost everything if I want... Probably due to my Italian blood

Now back On-Topic

Suzy (via iOS app)
Old 01-08-2014, 02:34 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

The Mexico Blue C4 S coupe has arrived at port and we should see it on Friday. I will post up pics when it arrives guys.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:05 PM
bernardbarbour
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, waiting anxiously to see this beautiful car. I've spent many months on the Pacific coast of Mexico and the color on this car pleases me.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:40 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,609 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonnen Porsche
The Mexico Blue C4 S coupe has arrived at port and we should see it on Friday. I will post up pics when it arrives guys.
maybe I should bring the GT3 up to meet its younger cousin!
Old 01-08-2014, 09:06 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
maybe I should bring the GT3 up to meet its younger cousin!
Sounds like a plan Larry!
Old 01-08-2014, 09:17 PM
Dr. No
Race Director

Received 403 Likes on 302 Posts

I may just have to drive up and pretend to be interested in buying this car!
Old 01-10-2014, 06:23 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

It is here!!!!

I will post up some better pics once it is PDI and detailed.....
Old 01-10-2014, 06:30 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,609 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Simply stunning Brett!

Quick Reply: PTS Mexico Blue C4S Manual Coupe Available