Notices
991
Sponsored by:

911_50 Official Registry

 
Old 04-26-2019, 01:36 PM
  #751  
JustSlummin47
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
JustSlummin47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: "The Island of Long", NY
Posts: 37
Default Let's add a bit more...

[QUOTE=Ryun43;15739142]Couple of the pieces installed
[/QUOTE



]After adding several pieces, I decided to go for the defroster vents. How difficult was the removal. I understand that they are delicate and may not remove in one piece, hence, no refund on the core charge Any thoughts on that?

I will say that most of the other parts (except for the door pull inserts) were a bit of a challenge. It was sort of an adventure not to mar, scratch, chip bend or snap any of the parts or surrounding area. All is well, so far.
On another note...
I am still thinking about those "clears" for the rear. I just keep getting flashbacks to one of the "Ten worst Tuner Car Trends"......Clear Euro Taillights......
.......but I must admit, I think that they look sharp on the "50".
JustSlummin47 is offline  
Old 04-26-2019, 04:10 PM
  #752  
points
Moderator
Rennlist Member
 
points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: delray beach florida
Posts: 14,817
Default



Like mine?
points is offline  
Old 04-27-2019, 11:37 AM
  #753  
points
Moderator
Rennlist Member
 
points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: delray beach florida
Posts: 14,817
Default

Went to dealer twice about windshield...sent numerous pics...was told yes we will replace. 30 minutes later was told no its only a CPO car...out of factory warranty. Wrote PCNA a long email about a warranty is a warranty etc etc etc. Got a long email back saying give us 2-3 days to research this problem.

And just got a e-mail saying bring it in...Porsche has decided they will fix. Taking it in next week. The saga of the black goop windshield.
points is offline  
Old 04-27-2019, 12:36 PM
  #754  
JustSlummin47
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
JustSlummin47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: "The Island of Long", NY
Posts: 37
Default

"Points"
Yes...Like yours.
Do you have a photo "lit"?
How that looks may clinch the deal.
JustSlummin47 is offline  
Old 04-27-2019, 02:24 PM
  #755  
Ryun43
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Ryun43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Jacksonville FL
Posts: 177
Default

[QUOTE=JustSlummin47;15800587]
Originally Posted by Ryun43 View Post
Couple of the pieces installed
[/QUOTE



]After adding several pieces, I decided to go for the defroster vents. How difficult was the removal. I understand that they are delicate and may not remove in one piece, hence, no refund on the core charge Any thoughts on that?

I will say that most of the other parts (except for the door pull inserts) were a bit of a challenge. It was sort of an adventure not to mar, scratch, chip bend or snap any of the parts or surrounding area. All is well, so far.
On another note...
I am still thinking about those "clears" for the rear. I just keep getting flashbacks to one of the "Ten worst Tuner Car Trends"......Clear Euro Taillights......
.......but I must admit, I think that they look sharp on the "50".
I have done the defroster vents on two different cars. both times at least one tab broke on each side. I wouldn't count on having anything to return. They look great but are a bit of a pain to swap
Not as bad as the speaker grills but still tough
Ryun43 is offline  
Old 05-01-2019, 09:08 PM
  #756  
orclean1
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 538
Default

Putting my 8000 mile , pdk, glass sunroof up for sale , car is a 10. Any thoughts on value from the 50th forum
orclean1 is offline  
Old 05-01-2019, 09:09 PM
  #757  
Pavegeno928
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Pavegeno928's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,213
Default

Originally Posted by orclean1 View Post
Putting my 8000 mile , pdk, glass sunroof up for sale , car is a 10. Any thoughts on value from the 50th forum
Post the build sheet/options
Pavegeno928 is offline  
Old 05-02-2019, 08:25 PM
  #758  
points
Moderator
Rennlist Member
 
points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: delray beach florida
Posts: 14,817
Default

Got my car back today. Windshield replaced....looks perfect. PCNA paid 80% dealer paid 20%. Thats what I was told.
points is offline  
Old 05-04-2019, 12:53 AM
  #759  
Nacelle
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Nacelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Cascadian Corridor
Posts: 1,188
Default

Originally Posted by points View Post
Got my car back today. Windshield replaced....looks perfect. PCNA paid 80% dealer paid 20%. Thats what I was told.
so glad that worked out for you
Nacelle is offline  
Old 05-04-2019, 09:48 AM
  #760  
orclean1
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 538
Default

Points what limited number is your car?
orclean1 is offline  
Old 05-04-2019, 10:13 AM
  #761  
points
Moderator
Rennlist Member
 
points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: delray beach florida
Posts: 14,817
Default

908
points is offline  
Old 05-04-2019, 08:41 PM
  #762  
orclean1
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 538
Default

orclean1 is offline  
Old 05-12-2019, 10:45 AM
  #763  
osu s2k
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
osu s2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 613
Default

Someone sold, if you are within 20-25k of the ask you did great! I was offered 107 as trade from 2 dealers on my car, whats next!?
osu s2k is offline  
Old 05-20-2019, 01:38 PM
  #764  
JustSlummin47
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
JustSlummin47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: "The Island of Long", NY
Posts: 37
Default Treffen-New England-September

Are there any 50's going to the September confab?

https://porschenet.com/events/treffen-vermont-2019/
JustSlummin47 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 911_50 Official Registry


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: