Sponsored by:

Finally, a 991!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 04:35 PM
pcs999
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally, a 991!

Been on this forum for a few months, have learnt a lot and have now finally gotten into a 911. Thought I would share a picture.

After driving a boxster S for a number of years, and loving the car, it was time for a 911. Got this 2 months ago. Very unhappy experience with the dealer (Boston area), but am now enjoying the car.

Base C4S, only the glass sunroof as an option.

A recent picture of us in Vermont.
Attached Images  
Old 11-28-2013, 04:48 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,412 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Nice!
Old 11-28-2013, 05:36 PM
CBejbl
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats!
Old 11-28-2013, 07:04 PM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

.......also model delete. What was your bad experience with your dealer?
Old 11-28-2013, 07:29 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 79 Posts

Very Nice!
Old 11-28-2013, 10:35 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does not many how many or how few options your car has. It is gorgeous! Enjoy it!
Old 11-28-2013, 11:06 PM
pcs999
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bacura
.......also model delete. What was your bad experience with your dealer?
When I decided to take the car after a test drive I noticed some scratches on the front bumper. Can happen, even on a new car. Dealer said no problem we will fix, also noticed a small dent in the rear fender, no problem to fix. Ok, go ahead. I asked for the model delete, again, no problem, we have done it many times. After some problems with registration went to pick up the car. Long story short, the front bumper was now scratched on the other side, the model deletion had also scratched the back.......so much for quality control. Second go around, they offered to replace the bumper and fix the botched model delete. After a few days, got the car, drove home...looked a bit closer, and, noticed that they had replaced the bumper with a C2S front bumper!!! I had to send them pictures and explain to the sales guy that there are some differences between the C2S and C4S bumpers. After some back and forwards a new bumper was eventually ordered from Germany.

There were some other issues happening in parallel, suffice to say that it was not a great buying experience, not something I expect from a Porsche dealer and certainly not something that made getting the car a pleasure.

The up side is that they have lost me as a client, as well as any positive reference for the dealership.......not that they seem to care.

All things said, the car totally makes up for it....best car I have every owned......makes me smile every time I get to drive it.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:11 PM
Powereng
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Car looks great, hope you enjoy for years to come.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:31 PM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

All's well that ends well.
Old 11-29-2013, 02:02 AM
oldman40
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

gorgeous picture, enjoy driving her! (and as far away from that dealer as possible...)
Old 11-29-2013, 06:47 AM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pcs999
When I decided to take the car after a test drive I noticed some scratches on the front bumper. Can happen, even on a new car. Dealer said no problem we will fix, also noticed a small dent in the rear fender, no problem to fix. Ok, go ahead. I asked for the model delete, again, no problem, we have done it many times. After some problems with registration went to pick up the car. Long story short, the front bumper was now scratched on the other side, the model deletion had also scratched the back.......so much for quality control. Second go around, they offered to replace the bumper and fix the botched model delete. After a few days, got the car, drove home...looked a bit closer, and, noticed that they had replaced the bumper with a C2S front bumper!!! I had to send them pictures and explain to the sales guy that there are some differences between the C2S and C4S bumpers. After some back and forwards a new bumper was eventually ordered from Germany.

There were some other issues happening in parallel, suffice to say that it was not a great buying experience, not something I expect from a Porsche dealer and certainly not something that made getting the car a pleasure.

The up side is that they have lost me as a client, as well as any positive reference for the dealership.......not that they seem to care.

All things said, the car totally makes up for it....best car I have every owned......makes me smile every time I get to drive it.
sounds like a tragic comedy!
Old 11-29-2013, 09:40 AM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by sfo
sounds like a tragic comedy!
Or a Chevy dealer.
Old 11-29-2013, 02:40 PM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,036 Likes on 555 Posts

Did you custom order or bought an existing car? Since you ask the dealer to do model delete, I assume it is an existing car.

I could not believe the dealer only ordered the glass roof. Best value and least depreciation when you sell.
Old 11-29-2013, 02:57 PM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

Yeah dealers generally go Bat Signal Crazy (rated G) on options. When I was shopping I quickly found that I was going to either have to order from scratch or go the CPO route and let someone else pay for the 4000$ moving map that's not as good as the one on every cell phone made for the last 10 years, 3000$ for lumbar adjustment, etc. I ended up getting those types of things, but gently pre-owned meant "fully loaded" for way less than "stripped" new. It boggles my mind to see the MSRP's (even considering the average discount you can get) on 991's and 981's with how redonk they are configured by dealers. And value aside, a min config'd P-Car on a dealer lot is a rare, rare find. There's a stripped Cayman S at my local dealer though. I know because it was my order I cancelled to buy a CPO C2S 991. They ended up taking delivery of it anyway. I think it will sell faster than any other Cayman on their lot, but we'll see. Basically a new Cayman S with heated/vented/Bose only for less than 95% of the base Caymans in the country. The math/principle applies to the 991 as well.

There's 100K Caymans out there, and most base 991's come in around or above that...whiskey tango foxtrot!?

I mean if you have the money (and will to part with it) to go all in on every crazy option, more power to you. Rock on! It just blows my mind to see base models for more than an S, or an S for more than a GT3, etc. for what are, IMO, very minor upgrades.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:19 PM
DMA3
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

When they do the "model delete" at the dealer, do they remove the whole setup and lower the Porsche letters to center it? I saw on the "How Its Made: Dream Cars - 911" show that in the factory they have a different template they use to place those letters for model delete. I want a model delete in my future C2S, but I figured, as seemingly all things these days, the dealer would simply remove the model and leave the Porsche un vertically centered (and my OCD would go nuts).

Quick Reply: Finally, a 991!