Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally, a 991!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 03:36 PM
CaliforniaZombie
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, love that picture - it rocks. Of course I'm biased for the black 991 Congratulations on the car! She's a beauty.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:46 PM
pcs999
AutoX

Originally Posted by Dyim
Did you custom order or bought an existing car? Since you ask the dealer to do model delete, I assume it is an existing car.

I could not believe the dealer only ordered the glass roof. Best value and least depreciation when you sell.
It was an existing car on the lot. This dealer orders them just with the sunroof so that he can run ads at the low prices, drives traffic to them, not a bad strategy. They got me to buy, even though I did not want to deal with them. My existing dealer offered to do a swop, but it was declined.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:48 PM
pcs999
AutoX

Originally Posted by DMA3
When they do the "model delete" at the dealer, do they remove the whole setup and lower the Porsche letters to center it? I saw on the "How Its Made: Dream Cars - 911" show that in the factory they have a different template they use to place those letters for model delete. I want a model delete in my future C2S, but I figured, as seemingly all things these days, the dealer would simply remove the model and leave the Porsche un vertically centered (and my OCD would go nuts).
They just took off the carrera 4S letters and kept the PORSCHE as is. Worked for me.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:16 PM
holminator
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Looks better without all the writing on the back end. Nice color. I left the Porsche lettering on too but sometimes I think about taking it off as well. No rush though.

Quick Reply: Finally, a 991!