Sponsored by:

Comfort Entry Settings on a 991S

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Kathuat
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Comfort Entry Settings on a 991S

I recently bought a 2013 991S. I read in the book that the car has Comfort Entry settings i.e. when you exit and enter the car - the seat and the steering wheel move making it much easier for driver of the car. I have turned on the memory function for the seats in the car. I am not sure how to turn the Comfort Entry feature in the car.

Any help you can provide will be much appreciated.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:37 PM
pfan
Pro

Received 78 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Kathuat
I recently bought a 2013 991S. I read in the book that the car has Comfort Entry settings i.e. when you exit and enter the car - the seat and the steering wheel move making it much easier for driver of the car. I have turned on the memory function for the seats in the car. I am not sure how to turn the Comfort Entry feature in the car.

Any help you can provide will be much appreciated.
Congrats on the new car. There's a fairly steep learning curve in regards to many of the car's functions - I'm still discovering things after 6 mos. of ownership. Here's a basic description of the comfort entry feature from the iManual:

http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...Entry-function

In addition, I have saved this info from a post by one of the members here and refer to it whenever I have a question:

There has been a lot of confusion about how to save comfort settings. Just pressing Set and then #1 or #2 DOES NOT SAVE these comfort settings. #1 or #2 only save your seat, mirrors and steering wheel settings for the key currently in use. All comfort settings (such PCM mode, radio stations, AC or Auto/Start) are only saved by hitting Set and the #3 button (the one with a little picture of a key, as TrySixty stated).

These settings and the current driver's preferred seat settings are then saved ONLY FOR THAT KEY. It does not override the comfort settings of the OTHER key. The second key has to be done independently, the same way or differently if there is a second driver that occasionally drives the car.

Also, the settings switch over to the other key ONLY if the second key is used to unlock the car. For example, if I go out to the garage and as I'm about to get in the unlocked car I notice the seat position is up (meaning the last person to drive it was my wife) I need to lock the car, then immediately unlock it and the car recognizes that it's my key and changes everything back to my settings.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:48 PM
GTSLVR991S
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off, congrats on the car! And you are right on the money as far as no going back after you've had a Porsche 911. Yep, it has special powers. In regards to your question, don't know if you have MF wheel or not but either way, use your wheel/stalk to go into the display in gauge cluster and it should be under the settings menu. Click when you get to the car vitals screen(oil temp,voltage,etc) which I believe is the first one per indicator to the right. Then follow steps into settings menu and you will find the comfort entry option. Tick box to activate.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:22 PM
Porsche911_S
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pfan
Congrats on the new car. There's a fairly steep learning curve in regards to many of the car's functions - I'm still discovering things after 6 mos. of ownership. Here's a basic description of the comfort entry feature from the iManual:

http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...Entry-function

In addition, I have saved this info from a post by one of the members here and refer to it whenever I have a question:

There has been a lot of confusion about how to save comfort settings. Just pressing Set and then #1 or #2 DOES NOT SAVE these comfort settings. #1 or #2 only save your seat, mirrors and steering wheel settings for the key currently in use. All comfort settings (such PCM mode, radio stations, AC or Auto/Start) are only saved by hitting Set and the #3 button (the one with a little picture of a key, as TrySixty stated).

These settings and the current driver's preferred seat settings are then saved ONLY FOR THAT KEY. It does not override the comfort settings of the OTHER key. The second key has to be done independently, the same way or differently if there is a second driver that occasionally drives the car.

Also, the settings switch over to the other key ONLY if the second key is used to unlock the car. For example, if I go out to the garage and as I'm about to get in the unlocked car I notice the seat position is up (meaning the last person to drive it was my wife) I need to lock the car, then immediately unlock it and the car recognizes that it's my key and changes everything back to my settings.

Hope this helps.
They should have asked you to write the manual. It took me some fiddling around to figure it out when I first got my car.

Quick Reply: Comfort Entry Settings on a 991S