Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another PDK failure

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 05:29 PM
gt3fantasy
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

DCT On a high horsepower car is not the same as vw jetta or golf, there aren't a lot of big hp cars with DCT BEFORE. 2009, maybe Audi,

Basically, I traded my GTR in for the 911 in 7sp manual, too many gremlins lol, Nissan also replace the whole transmission, they don't trust their dealers also,
Old 12-13-2013, 08:13 PM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Believe me, I thought very long and hard when I bought my 2009 997.2S PDK. It was the first one sold at my dealership and there were none to test drive. My sales guy had driven it in New Jersey and raved about it. It would have been easier just to get the MT and call it a day but I trust Porsche. 5 years and no issues and I loved it. I really enjoyed MT as well but decided to go PDK again. Keep in mind I'm an easy driver. No LC. No tracking. Low mileage. For me a great choice but no technology is foolproof. Space shuttles can blow up. Nothing is immune. Someone WILL have issues with either transmission. Ask Bruce Anderson about issues with MT 911's over the years. Pick your poison!
Old 12-13-2013, 09:29 PM
gt3fantasy
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

true, it happens, glad that you got thru with no problems, me too, last months is exactly 5yrs for me with the GTR, no problem at all with the dct, but I can't say that for all other GTR owners.

Lets just hope its just minor things with the pdk and that porsche will find a permanent fix.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:22 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 129 Posts

I wouldn't be too worried about the PDK.

If the raitios of PDK's as opposed to manual trans cars continue and Porsche thinks so based on what you see in dealer inventory, there will be so many PDK trans out there in a couple of years the knowledge to repair them will be old hat.

Quick Reply: Another PDK failure