Sponsored by:

A month owning a 991 C2S

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 11:22 AM
knasman
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by duxsi
You're not missing a thing with Keyless entry. Without a stop/start button they kinda missed the point.
I don't agree with that notion. The "half key hanging out of the dash" is a bit weird for starting, but it works as well as a button. The comfort of the keyless entry for me is NOT having to dig my keys out for getting into the car. Whether it's pushing a button or turning a "key", doesn't matter. Both are fire and forget, you twist/push it and it goes. Key stays in pocket.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:13 PM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Any issues with the paint so far? I'm also ordering white. Lots of complaint in the threads about brown spots under the clear coat. Hopefully not.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:35 PM
mdkrp
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by knasman

I don't agree with that notion. The "half key hanging out of the dash" is a bit weird for starting, but it works as well as a button. The comfort of the keyless entry for me is NOT having to dig my keys out for getting into the car. Whether it's pushing a button or turning a "key", doesn't matter. Both are fire and forget, you twist/push it and it goes. Key stays in pocket.
I totally agree.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:42 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,404 Likes on 2,513 Posts

The keyless entry system is also very easy to lock by just touching the handle.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:32 AM
LonnieR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I HATE the start/stop function. I gives you the feeling you're driving a Prius. I keep the sport plus on all the time partially to eliminate the start/stop and because I love the firm ride from all those expensive suspension components I paid for.
Additionally with start/stop, my radar detector (which is hard wired) dies when the function is on. I also noticed a minute hesitation when you press down on the throttle to get moving again.

I love the keyless entry.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:54 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by LonnieR
I HATE the start/stop function. I gives you the feeling you're driving a Prius.
I always disable start/stop mode, in any mode. I hate it with a passion when I'm driving. Makes me feel like a moron that stalled his car at every traffic light. And also I don't like the sound it makes when it restarts the engine. I just can't believe it won't have adverse effects on longevity.

Only on highway cruising I put my car in comfort and D, and let the start/stop do the sailing.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:12 AM
meine911
Racer

Originally Posted by bccars
I HATE the start/stop function. I gives you the feeling you're driving a Prius.
I always disable start/stop mode, in any mode. I hate it with a passion when I'm driving. Makes me feel like a moron that stalled his car at every traffic light. And also I don't like the sound it makes when it restarts the engine. I just can't believe it won't have adverse effects on longevity.

Only on highway cruising I put my car in comfort and D, and let the start/stop do the sailing.
You do know that the start/stop can be set as a preference to be off all the time, don't you? That's how mine is set so there is no need to ever press the button to shut that thing off.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:01 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by meine911
You do know that the start/stop can be set as a preference to be off all the time, don't you? That's how mine is set so there is no need to ever press the button to shut that thing off.
Do you have detailed info on that (piwis code ?) so I can go to my dealer with that info to have that sorted ? Would be sooooooooo nice.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:22 AM
draxa
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have detailed info on that (piwis code ?) so I can go to my dealer with that info to have that sorted ? Would be sooooooooo nice.

Unfortunately, I understand this is not possible for European cars.

In order to achieve their stated EU consumption/CO2 figures it needs to be set as a default 'on' feature at all times and can only be selected as off. USA and elsewhere it's the other way around.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:28 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by draxa

In order to achieve their stated EU consumption/CO2 figures it needs to be set as a default 'on' feature at all times and can only be selected as off. USA and elsewhere it's the other way around.

I was afraid something like this was the case. Damn Euro legislation.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:11 PM
meine911
Racer

Originally Posted by draxa

I was afraid something like this was the case. Damn Euro legislation.
Sorry. Didn't know your location. Guess you will have to write your EU rep. I'm sure the results will be as satisfactory as my letters to US Congress.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:39 PM
GMAC03
Advanced

Smithr, I did a similar thing. While considering a porsche 2 years ago, I decided to get a used 135i. I then proceeded to Dinan tune it to 378 hp, 400lb/ft. what a blast to drive.

I continued to test drive the 911, and fell in love with the 991.It's a completely different experience to me.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:57 PM
GTSLVR991S
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by knasman

I agree. And after the wave of push button starters from bimmers to hyundais, the almost defunct turn key action is now a refreshing twist. No pun intended.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:14 AM
DvidzBlk991
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I HATE the start/stop function. I gives you the feeling you're driving a Prius. I keep the sport plus on all the time partially to eliminate the start/stop and because I love the firm ride from all those expensive suspension components I paid for.
Additionally with start/stop, my radar detector (which is hard wired) dies when the function is on. I also noticed a minute hesitation when you press down on the throttle to get moving again.

I love the keyless entry.
I'm also not a fan of the the start/stop function. The engine cut off felt hesitant to start and abrupt the first time I stopped to make a left turn. It seemed like i was completely disconnected from the car.

Isn't that the opposite of what you should feel when driving a 911?..

When I start the car im planning to hit the start/stop botton everytime or Ill just press the Sport button to avoid the engine start/up. Ill gladly take the possible 1 mpg hit anytime to not have that system active.

2014 C2 on order

Quick Reply: A month owning a 991 C2S