Sponsored by:

Wheel alignment questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 09:59 AM
ww007
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wheel alignment questions

So my 2013 C2S with only about 6400 miles on it seems to be tracking to the right. I do have a couple of track days on it but I believe that it was not aligned perfectly from the beginning (although it seems to have gotten noticeably worse). This is annoying the hell out of me (and I'm guessing wearing out the tires unevenly) so I'm thinking of taking it in for an alignment.

My dealer wants $300+ for a one time alignment, which I find to be quite outrageous.

A local Firestone wants about $200 for a one time alignment, $400 for lifetime alignments (much more than their regular alignments as the car is considered an "exotic"). I'm thinking of going with their $400 lifetime deal (good for as long as I own the car).

Thing is, I have PDCC and the sport technos, which are wider than the standard rears. The Firestone people say they have the alignment data for the 2013 C2S with 20 inch rims, but I'm wondering if the alignment data for PDCC and sport technos are different. If so, I'm guessing any 3rd party alignment center won't have access to such data.

Anyone know if PDCC or wider rear tires should affect the alignment data? Any thoughts on how I should go about this alignment issue? Thanks!
Old 09-11-2013, 02:24 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,402 Likes on 2,513 Posts

That's not a bad price for the dealership. I'd go there. No way would I go to a Firestone.

Press your deliviering dealership to do the alignment as warranty. You should have taken the car right back, after delivery, if you thought it was not right.

If you need new rear tires soon, hold out. Get the tires replaced, then go get your 4 wheel alignment.

Quick Reply: Wheel alignment questions