Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche 911S cab , upgrade from Boxster S?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 10:46 PM
casaforte9
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Porsche 911S cab , upgrade from Boxster S?

Hi Guys,
Owner of a 2013 Boxster S 981 , adaptive seats,red seat belts, painted roll bars, vent seats, prem package ,PDK with PSE, Sport chrono, paddles etc

This 981 is much better in terms of looks, sportiness, refinement, luxury, space than my 6 speed 987 boxster S and 08 Cayman s 6 speed cars. The PSE totally rocks, in fact with out it I felt The 981 test drive was not much fun as stock to stock, the 991 has the sound symposer which lets in some exhaust sound but of course PSE is way better in both the cars.

I am on a short term lease on 981 so like the Boxster S I built, I may build the 911 cab as have the 911 itch . The 981 s handles great due to mid-engine but still leans a little in corners and so if I order the 991 cab ( convertible is a must have for me , will get PDCC.

I will have to bump up to 991S cab to order the PDCC as i like flat cornering and more torque is welcome but would have been perfectly ok with 911 carerra cab if PDCC was offered on it ( not sure why they do not , since PASM is an option ) . I never could find a demo 991 with PDCC to test it out though

I will be jumping from a 82k Boxster S to a 136K 911s cab , Jeez that is a lot of coin , lol. I use my cars only for spirited driving , top down in nicer weather , no track duty for the 911 cab or even my current 981 s. I like a well optioned car ( PSE, PDK, ADAP seats, vent seats, sport chromo, whees painted black etc)

I never drove a car with PDCC and my brief test drives were only in a base 911 cab. I loved the 991 cab before I got my boxster but now that I had the 981s for 6 months , the 991 s cab i drove recently felt a little less sporty, bigger feel, may be i need to get used to its dynamics?. The rear seats in 911 are not a must have for me( no kids) although it can feel more spacious than Boxster .

So now the questions, is why would i want the 991 cab? Because I think it has better wind management top down( esp at speeds >50mph, totally draft free even on highways), more power and may be once I get used to 991 dynamics, will enjoy it better over 981 S but I donno

This is a good place to ask these questions as there are many enthusiasts here who give honest advice and help folks like me in deciding whether to keep the 981s after the lease or get the 991 cab.

Your Advice will be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance
Old 09-04-2013, 06:27 PM
Twodan
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

to me the boxster is easier to drive into curves; no worry about the heavier rear coming around. the 911 has more grunt exiting the curves and continuing on the straights. i really didn't need to learn how to drive the boxster, but i still need to with my new 911. tough call. take a few days driving the 911 before you blindly switch. don't get me wrong, i love my new 911, but sometime miss the mid engine.

Quick Reply: Porsche 911S cab , upgrade from Boxster S?