Sponsored by:

BMW Nut pulled to the Darkside!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 12:19 PM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ColdList
Yes it is. LOVE this color. Very slight blue hue to it in low light.
+1

reminds me of the slightly bluer Polar Silver
Old 09-04-2013, 12:52 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome and congratulations on the purchase. Love the color choice and seeing that you jumped right in too the modifications.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:41 PM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by sfo
reminds me of the slightly bluer Polar Silver
Actually it's a little LESS blue than Polar Silver. But I love it too and have one on order to compliment my 993.

Old 09-04-2013, 02:07 PM
mdkrp
Burning Brakes

Received 100 Likes on 66 Posts

Congrats! I can honestly say that you will have a grin on your face every time you start up that engine and drive.
I, too, was a BMW M fan for over 15 yrs and this is my first P car. My only regret is that I did not "come over to the dark side" sooner.
Enjoy and drive it in good health.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:56 PM
knasman
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome! Long term pure BMW guy as well, last was an M3. At the wheel of a 991, you will not be looking back :-)
Old 09-04-2013, 04:57 PM
ColdList
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning
Welcome and congratulations on the purchase. Love the color choice and seeing that you jumped right in too the modifications.
Thanks! And yes, it is a costly habit of mine with my cars. Paper tags and mods.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:52 PM
991 C2S
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats in your new 991

What WHP did you get with the tune? Any info you can share about it?

Welcome!
Old 09-04-2013, 06:52 PM
zelig
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Congratulations on your great decision

I had a 2007 C4S 997 but traded it for a 2011 M3 Sedan. The M3 had a great engine but awful clutch. I finally got fed up and am waiting for October delivery of a 2014 991 C2S.

You definitely made the right choice. Enjoy your new ride!!!
Old 09-04-2013, 09:04 PM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,021 Likes on 545 Posts

My 1 is the winter car now.
Attached Images  
Old 09-04-2013, 10:13 PM
ColdList
Racer

Originally Posted by 991 C2S
Congrats in your new 991

What WHP did you get with the tune? Any info you can share about it?

Welcome!
Thanks and sure!

Email from the tuner:

We actually put one on the dyno the other day and it made very impressive gains. It was a manual transmission car and made an additional 16 whp and 21 w-torque. This was a non-PDK car as well and was an additional increase over the full Fabspeed package.

The PDK car will make additional power on top of that as we are able to release different maps on the PDK cars that cannot be released on the manual cars.

This is a system that you can load yourself . The software uploads itself through the OBD2 port and is a simple 5 minute procedure. The software is 100% undetectable to the dealer diagnostics and is 100% safe.

The install was VERY simple, The car loosened up a bit (16 hp/21 tq is not huge but noticeable). The PDK mapping is very nice. Throttle response quicker and you are at higher % power at high RPM shifts. I love the way they remapped the way the throttle downshifts (changed shift points and quickness) when you are in manual mode and stomp on it. It downshifts hard and fast. LOVE it!

Both tunes combined for around $3500. Please bear in mind that I am one of those guys who likes to get every bit of performance out of his cars without doing serious engine mods (usually stay right on the warranty lines or a bit across) before calling me nuts for spending $3500 on this. I lose sleep if I don't do things like this. Yes, a sickness. I know-lol!
Old 09-05-2013, 01:05 AM
David in Talent
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BEAUTIFUL car !! Love the Rhodium Silver. THAT will be the color choice of my next 991 S :-))))
Old 09-05-2013, 04:10 AM
alvaro1728
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beautiful

Beautiful car! A 911 looks so much better with a rear spoiler, IMO. And the aero kit just makes the front look so much sharper.

One thing intrigues me. That car must have run you close to $150K with all the upgrades (if not more) and it's still severely lacking in the torque department. So why not spend the same on the new Turbo?
Old 09-05-2013, 09:14 AM
ColdList
Racer

Originally Posted by alvaro1728
Beautiful car! A 911 looks so much better with a rear spoiler, IMO. And the aero kit just makes the front look so much sharper.

One thing intrigues me. That car must have run you close to $150K with all the upgrades (if not more) and it's still severely lacking in the torque department. So why not spend the same on the new Turbo?
First, thank you!

Second, it didn't cost me nearly that much. I did not choose to option it out on the interior (no full leather) as I normally do with my cars because a.) I liked the "sporty" look vs "plush" and b.) I know that there is a HIGH likelihood of me trading it for the new turbo within the next year-not because I don't love the car immensely-just because I have a bad habit of doing this.

Third, you can't truly get a Turbo for $150K with many of "must have" options. I spec'd one out on line and I was well over $170K and I was SKIPPING options that I would want on that car. I had the itch for a new ride now and didn't want to wait on the turbo and I also am taking a HUGE leap from my BMW madness and wanted to jump into one of these bad boys and be sure I really loved the move I was making to the new brand and then decide if I wanted to go all out with a nearly $200K Porsche....I think you may already know what my answer is!
Old 09-05-2013, 12:32 PM
hsiaochinsan
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ColdList

First, thank you!

Second, it didn't cost me nearly that much. I did not choose to option it out on the interior (no full leather) as I normally do with my cars because a.) I liked the "sporty" look vs "plush" and b.) I know that there is a HIGH likelihood of me trading it for the new turbo within the next year-not because I don't love the car immensely-just because I have a bad habit of doing this.

Third, you can't truly get a Turbo for $150K with many of "must have" options. I spec'd one out on line and I was well over $170K and I was SKIPPING options that I would want on that car. I had the itch for a new ride now and didn't want to wait on the turbo and I also am taking a HUGE leap from my BMW madness and wanted to jump into one of these bad boys and be sure I really loved the move I was making to the new brand and then decide if I wanted to go all out with a nearly $200K Porsche....I think you may already know what my answer is!
Or Gt3.
Perhaps you should start putting your name on the waiting list now. The gt3 with proper options will be around 150k.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:29 PM
David in Talent
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Curious why opted to install H& R Springs instead of ordering PASM Sport suspension ?

Quick Reply: BMW Nut pulled to the Darkside!