Sponsored by:

Porsche 991: Leather Interior choices explained

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 10:33 PM
TwinTurbo420
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
Espresso is so worth it. If you can get the 3D configurator to work, it shows all the extra leather pieces very well. It’s sad some SA don’t know what’s what, but I could show you on any car what comes in leather for each option.

Espresso, sport plus seat backs, door/dash/console trim in leather, maybe even vents and slats in leather. Oooh so niiiiicccceeee.
I was doing this June-July 2018 & was not able to get 3D to work. I have a Mac & I think I was required to D/L some software in order for it to work. I chose to not D/L the software.

I did select Natural Leather Interior in Espresso when I placed my order early August 2018. 991.2 C2S. Took delivery, finally, early this week. The only extra leather I ordered was steering column.

I like my interior a lot. I got Agate Grey paint & think the Espresso color goes well with it.
Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
It's a slippery slope. If you are paying attention (as you obviously are), "full leather" (which is really just partial leather) is just the beginning down the slippery slope of adding more and more leather components in order to truly get full leather. True full leather is easily into five figures.

Nice of you to post that information. And nice blast from the past seeing a Suzy991 thread. Suzy hasn't been around for a good while, she may have become disenchanted by the confusilator.
This thread helped me to extrapolate from that diagram for the older 911 model.

But it should not be that difficult or confusing to choose leather.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:25 AM
MielsOnWheels
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm moving from the 993 world to the 991 world. I've been educating myself on the different 991 options so I can hone in on what I "need to have" vs what would be "nice to have". Honestly, the interior leather options and materials can be really confusing. This thread has been very helpful!

I do have a lead on a particular car I'm interested in. The build sheet states "Standard Interior with Leather Seats (4-way/18-way)". It does have Adaptive Sport Seats Plus and Premium Package Plus as well as Console Trim in Leather.

So can someone confirm to me what parts of the interior are covered in leather and what kind of leather the "standard" leather is?
Old 05-14-2019, 06:23 PM
P Fan
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Thank you for sharing

Lots of useful information here... thank you for taking the time to document and share it!

Quick Reply: Porsche 991: Leather Interior choices explained