Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 Magnetic Stone Guards

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2024, 12:29 AM
slowrey
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 38 Posts

Okay so when I bought mine back in October, I bought Standard Energy and wondering if I should have gotten the High Energy ones. I don't track my car but always worried they're gonna fly off. Anyone have both and can tell the difference? Is High Energy not as flexible? @TxTarga Probably should have purchased the high energy ones as they weren't much more expensive.
Old 02-26-2024, 12:52 AM
Shane@MagnaFins
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Catharpin
I gave the MagnaFins from @Shane@MagnaFins a try and I was very pleased.
Shane is a great guy with an excellent product and I hope he is successful.
First off USPS didn't have the tracking updated on the order. Shane reached out to me and offered to send another set. I declined as I wasn't driving the car due to weather so I decided to wait.
The product finally arrived and USPS had folded it up and left it half sticking out of my mailbox in the rain.
Fortunately the excellent packing Shane has devised made sure the items were safe and secure.
Speaking of packaging, Shane has done an excellent job of putting together a professional package with directions and that really expresses that this is a quality product.
He even included a had written note and a few bonus magnets.

Installation following the included comprehensive instructions was easy and went great.
I like the fit and finish of the product. The only way they could be better would be if they matched the paint color, but I am more than satisfied with the product and the seller. Thanks Shane!

Catharpin, thanks so much for the kind words and awesome sundown pics. A work of caution: you have an air pocket where the car curves inward, which is common. I find that if left in a warm enough environment, it will lie down on its own. But just to be safe, rub it down or use a hairdryer. It's kind of fun, just point the hairdryer at that area without touching it--and it sucks down on its own. Video here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x22an3f4pv...0480p.mov?dl=0

Also, make sure the bottom is above the rocker ridge which it is for sure on drivers side and I think it is on the passenger side, too. Love that aero package!

The following users liked this post:
Cityfisher (02-26-2024)
Old 02-26-2024, 12:57 AM
Shane@MagnaFins
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by slowrey
Okay so when I bought mine back in October, I bought Standard Energy and wondering if I should have gotten the High Energy ones. I don't track my car but always worried they're gonna fly off. Anyone have both and can tell the difference? Is High Energy not as flexible? @TxTarga Probably should have purchased the high energy ones as they weren't much more expensive.
Slowrey, the technical difference is more magnetic poles per inch in the material. I've tried to shoot videos demonstrating the difference but it's almost something you have to feel. It's a stronger initial grab. You can double the speed limit or more in the standard energy as long as they are flat to the car (see air pocket note in this thread) and the bottom of the fins are above the rocker panel ridge. Shoot me an email, let's talk about getting you some high energy peace of mind.
Old 02-26-2024, 12:59 AM
Shane@MagnaFins
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Forgot the pic, see air pocket below

Air pocket
Old 02-28-2024, 02:37 PM
Coalmining_smuf
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

How often do you guys take yours off?
Old 02-28-2024, 03:45 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,220 Likes on 781 Posts

Originally Posted by Coalmining_smuf
I pull mine when I notice gaps developing (dirt building up under the guard), or when I wash the car.
Old 02-28-2024, 04:16 PM
slowrey
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 38 Posts

I take mine off if it's going to get washed or if it looks like rain. I normally only keep it on if the day is nice and the car is clean.
Old 02-28-2024, 04:32 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 693 Likes on 481 Posts

My MagnaGrafik guards (bought them in 2018) lie flat so no need to remove them due to dirt getting under them.

And as the instructions say, when I wash the car, I'll remove them, wash the guards seperately, dry them and reinstall them.
Old 02-28-2024, 06:08 PM
Shane@MagnaFins
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I keep mine on all the time, even before I started offering them for sale. I take them off to wash the car. As IXLR8 mentions: wash them separately, dry them (and the car) and reinstall. I put mine on the garage fridge or the washing machine in the laundry room wheel I wash the car.

Some customers use them for bad weather, road trips, autocross or track days only, others to change up their look for cars & coffee or club get-togethers, others keep them on everyday.
Old 02-28-2024, 06:15 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 693 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by Shane@MagnaFins
Some customers use them for bad weather, road trips, autocross or track days only, others to change up their look for cars & coffee or club get-togethers, others keep them on everyday.
I keep them on ALL the time and its not like I do crazy speeds on public roads. Mine have quite a few pits in them over the years.

Money well spent.
The following 2 users liked this post by IXLR8:
Shane@MagnaFins (02-28-2024), wkearney99 (03-06-2024)
Old 02-29-2024, 10:03 AM
PDK-LOL
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

Just ordered a set based on everyone’s feedback!
Old 03-12-2024, 09:13 AM
Rmlovett1
Rennlist Member

Received 238 Likes on 46 Posts

Received and installed last weekend. Great product and service from Magnafins!

Old 03-18-2024, 10:34 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 582 Likes on 258 Posts

I bought a set and ran them at Homestead about a week ago. It's a slow track, top speed is only 130mph, but they held perfectly. I have PPF on the car, so the magnets were still strong enough to hold. Sebring will be next test, where top speed is 150mph.

Also worth mentioning that the packaging and presentation of the product is top notch. I highly recommend the MagnaFins!
The following 2 users liked this post by jakermc:
Shane@MagnaFins (03-18-2024), slowrey (03-18-2024)

Quick Reply: 991 Magnetic Stone Guards