Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shark Werks 991 Exhaust Released (with video)

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 03:13 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 84 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Shark Werks 991 Exhaust Released (with video)

Following on from our Shark Werks 997 GT3, Turbo and Carrera exhaust designs we have now applied our customary Shark-bite to the Porsche 991 Carrera S platform.

Installed on a 991S with the PSE:

3-D CAD designed with optimal flow, fit, weight savings and sound enhancement, our system replaces the two side mufflers on any Porsche 991 Carrera S (3.8L only at this time), whether or not it has Porsche Sport Exhaust (PSE). By utilizing appropriately-sized diameter tubing and maximizing the length we achieved our desired sound and minimized resonance. Our direct bolt-on installs into the factory location without any modification or compromise and is completely reversible. An overall weight saving of 20 pounds is achieved with a more aggressive idle and outside bark with a deeper tone. On the inside you can expect more exhaust noise at lower RPMs with a more exciting pitch when the gas pedal is stomped on. The two side mufflers do not utilize a straight-through design causing the sound to be more muted than some would like. Expect slightly better performance due to optimized exhaust gas flow. For track-enthusiasts not only will you appreciate the motorsport-like sound but with our exhaust you also remove heat from side mufflers away from rear tires.

The factory OEM vacuum actuated sound valves in the center muffler which open and close under different driving conditions are retained, letting the Porsche's engine growl when you want it to, and keeping it quieter when you need it to.

As with all previous Shark Werks exhausts this system is not only 50-state emissions legal but also does not cause any check engine lights (MIL Codes) as it is designed to continue to operate with the factory catalyst and emissions equipment.

Designed and crafted in Northern California, the Shark Werks exhaust utilizes stainless- 18 gauge T304 tungsten inert gas welded stainless steel with mandrel bends and factory equivalent hardware.

Features:
- Designed in-house and manufactured in Northern California
- Improved, more aggressive sporty sound (see video above)
- Does not interfere with SMOG emissions and 50 state legal
- Factory headers, catalysts side mufflers and valves retained
- 3-D CAD designed factory fit direct bolt-on replacing factory side exhausts
- Compatible with either the stock or aftermarket tips
- Use your “exhaust” button to divert routing to switch from flowing through the center to a direct “bypassed” flow
- Real 20 pound weight savings (stock muffler weighs 25 pounds each total) from the rear of the car.
- Long-tube design for sound
- Remove heat away from the rear tires at the track
- 18 gauge T304 tungsten inert gas welded stainless steel mandrel-bent C.N.C construction for durability and flow.

We've had a few of you early adopters and dealers in the US and Canada thus far try these out for the last couple of months so you may have seen a video or two (more to follow that's for sure). EVOMS has a set in-house for testing as well so expect to see some minor gains (this is mostly for sound) with a reduction in back pressure. We will eventually have something slightly different for the 3.4 model too.

Fore more info:
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=398

Old 08-13-2013, 05:55 PM
XLOR8T
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 Just had this installed today by my local tuning shop here in Toronto. Videos don't do it justice. I feel a difference in the power band. Hoping you guys at Sharkwerks can share if you have dynoed the car with the side muffler bypass. Thanks!
Old 08-13-2013, 06:11 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by XLOR8T
+1 Just had this installed today by my local tuning shop here in Toronto. Videos don't do it justice. I feel a difference in the power band. Hoping you guys at Sharkwerks can share if you have dynoed the car with the side muffler bypass. Thanks!
Aw thanks mate I have some footage I need to edit as the video I have is not the greatest. Ze Canadians (well James the owner is Canadian) are always early adopters won't you know it

Thanks for the support and sending the Pfaff boys another set today
Old 08-13-2013, 09:34 PM
XLOR8T
Rennlist Member

I've been driving in manual mode all day (it's a Pdk car) on the way home I drove it in sport plus and boy does it sound nice shift after shift at red line. I was originally asking about the vacuum tube mod to get more sound but it sounds so aggressive I don't wanna change anything. And cruising at highway speeds in 7th it purrs very quietly, sporty but not loud at all.

Thanks again! I heard a lot of different 991 exhaust solutions and I'm very happy with my choice. If I get a chance I'll get a quick clip and load to YouTube.

Last edited by XLOR8T; 08-13-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:44 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I've been driving in manual mode all day (it's a Pdk car) on the way home I drove it in sport plus and boy does it sound nice shift after shift at red line. I was originally asking about the vacuum tube mod to get more sound but it sounds so aggressive I don't wanna change anything. And cruising at highway speeds in 7th it purrs very quietly, sporty but not loud at all.

Thanks again! I heard a lot of different 991 exhaust solutions and I'm very happy with my choice. If I get a chance I'll get a quick clip and load to YouTube.
Cheers for the feedback and keep

Let us know if you do get a clip! I've got some footage here I'm still working with
Old 08-21-2013, 06:40 PM
XLOR8T
Rennlist Member

Hey Alex, may have bad an accidental discovery with the exhaust. PM a phone number and time that I can call you and maybe I can pick your brains a bit about this. Thanks
Old 08-21-2013, 10:41 PM
GMAC03
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That set is for me, Pfaff should have it all ready for Labour Day wknd. Can't wait
Old 08-22-2013, 10:40 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Its definately Shark Week!
Old 08-22-2013, 03:45 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by kosmo
Its definately Shark Week!
LOL!!!
Hey Alex, may have bad an accidental discovery with the exhaust. PM a phone number and time that I can call you and maybe I can pick your brains a bit about this. Thanks
Ah what did you find by accident? Give us a call on 510-651-0300
Originally Posted by GMAC03
That set is for me, Pfaff should have it all ready for Labour Day wknd. Can't wait
Ah jolly good!

Here's one on a 3.4:
Old 08-22-2013, 04:33 PM
modhog
AutoX

Sounds amazing!
Old 10-28-2013, 01:50 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

For 3.4L non S folks....

Hey folks I just wanted to show you a sample of a project we were working on today... a 2014 991 Carrera 3.4L with our soon-to-be-released sport exhaust. We were targeting something that was very civilized for daily driving (no drone or resonance) but also had a nice bark to it with throttle input much like our 997.2 system is on the 997 GTS' with PSE if you will. When you apply aggressive throttle you can hear a more exciting pitch and tone. Playing around with the throttle induces crackles and deeper howls more fitting for a 911.

Here's a sample...

Have a great weekend!
Old 10-28-2013, 02:56 PM
kernelofwisdom
Racer

Just hit the go button to order this for my 4S. From the driver's seat, the PSE on the Boxster S has more impact than the PSE out of the 4S. Hopefully some shark bark will put things right!
Old 11-03-2013, 09:59 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Just ordered a set for my 4S non-PSE
Old 11-05-2013, 03:31 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by kernelofwisdom
Just hit the go button to order this for my 4S. From the driver's seat, the PSE on the Boxster S has more impact than the PSE out of the 4S. Hopefully some shark bark will put things right!
Thank you man... it'll bark and loudly I promise

Originally Posted by bigkraig
Just ordered a set for my 4S non-PSE
Thank you fellas you guys are going to be making a LOTTTA noise
Old 11-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Any before and after dynos? The weight savings are alone are worth it but just wondering if it's been done. Thanks

Quick Reply: Shark Werks 991 Exhaust Released (with video)