Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Entry/Drive option?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 12:39 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

I found this method: Try to start the car without the key nearby. It will kick out the fob (at least it did for me)
Old 08-18-2013, 12:18 PM
solomonschris
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where I live people neither lock their houses or their cars. I used to leave my fob in the center console. If the fob is less than ten feet from the car it will drain the battery in about a week. My truck will not open when I pass my hand over the emblem with the key in my pocket, which is fine by me. Pulling back on both paddles does not put the car in neutral...also fine by me. Years ago I had a 750 Saab GT that could "freewheel", meaning it would coast with clutch disengaged, when you took your foot off the gas. It was scary to drive it with freewheeling engaged.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:15 PM
c4-toy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by solomonschris
Where I live people neither lock their houses or their cars. I used to leave my fob in the center console. If the fob is less than ten feet from the car it will drain the battery in about a week. My truck will not open when I pass my hand over the emblem with the key in my pocket, which is fine by me. Pulling back on both paddles does not put the car in neutral...also fine by me. Years ago I had a 750 Saab GT that could "freewheel", meaning it would coast with clutch disengaged, when you took your foot off the gas. It was scary to drive it with freewheeling engaged.
"My truck will not open when I pass my hand over the emblem with the key in my pocket"
Same with mine and I have entry and drive, can't figure it out is it a setting somewhere?
Old 08-19-2013, 11:19 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by c4-toy
"My truck will not open when I pass my hand over the emblem with the key in my pocket"
Same with mine and I have entry and drive, can't figure it out is it a setting somewhere?
Palm down, start at the nose and slowly push it toward the emblem about an inch above the surface. You'll get the hang of it.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:08 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by c4-toy
I've noticed that I can't open my frunk by passing my hand above the Porsche crest unless I've already unlocked the doors (with the fob in my pocket). Don't know why this is the case, but I've consistently been unable to open the frunk with the doors locked (though with the key fob, I can of course open the frunk even with the doors locked).
Old 08-21-2013, 04:16 PM
duxsi
Burning Brakes

Received 180 Likes on 120 Posts

The area to open the trunk is below the crest on the actual bumper.

Waving ones hand over the crest isn't supposed to open the frunk...
Old 08-22-2013, 01:41 PM
Richard K.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alanjcook
I have this feature as part of a package. I'm mixed on it. The "key stub" that remains in the dash is ugly and I forget to give the key to a valet from time to time. So I removed the key stub and insert my key to turn on the engine. All other features work, like unlocking door just by pulling on handle. Using the key instead of the stub for turning on the engine also eliminates my one pet peeves: the frunk no longer opens automatically when washing the car. All in all its a nice feature but if I had to pay separately for the option I would probably skip it.
How does that eliminate the frunk opening when washing?
Old 08-22-2013, 03:01 PM
brianja
Rennlist Member

Received 690 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by duxsi
The area to open the trunk is below the crest on the actual bumper.

Waving ones hand over the crest isn't supposed to open the frunk...
THIS. You need to put your hand on (or hovered just off of) the front bumper about 3" below the seam with the hood, right below the crest.

The video that shows using the crest is 100% wrong.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:46 PM
Wjkelly3
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jlanka
I found this method: Try to start the car without the key nearby. It will kick out the fob (at least it did for me)
I just noticed this also. Other than removing the small cover and using a tool I don't think its possible to get it out any other way.

Quick Reply: Entry/Drive option?