Sponsored by:

991 Agate ClearGuardX Paint Protection Film

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 07:05 AM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Premier
The end product is the culmination of both the installation and product. He is making a very generalized statement with: "these products would never stand up to show quality scrutiny".
Because show cars have (or should have) paint and clear coat and not a plastic shrink wrap cover. I'm not saying you're install isn't good. I simply disagree with the need for clear bra.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:49 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

From what I understand, the purpose for a clear bra is the cost factor of replacing the bra vs. repainting, correct?
Old 08-13-2013, 10:46 AM
emmros
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To each his own, but I like to keep my cars looking good because I drive them everyday. This is a 911 and is a street car. I think most people drive their Porsches and not own it to take it to shows. I choose to protect my car so I won't have to repaint it or constantly touch up the nose from all the marks.

I've had 2 of my cars done for 80k miles each and they still look great today. My GT3 has it on for 3 years now and recently my friend drove it and scraped it by a parking pole. I took it to Premier and they replaced it in a few hours. If I didn't have it, I would've needed a repaint that would take 3-4 days.

Quick Reply: 991 Agate ClearGuardX Paint Protection Film