Sponsored by:

My 2014 C2S - Update

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 07:22 PM
Vegasguy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2014 C2S - Update

On May 11th, I ordered a 2014 C2S Cpe., with a delivery date of Sept. 13th. The C2S completed build on July 5th, and was at the Emden (Germany) port on July 9th. Dealer informed me that my C2S has exited the Emden port and is on its way, but computer records do not (as of yet) document the actual vessel. However, according to www.marinetraffic.com, the Grand Vega left Emden on July 17, and according to the Port of San Diego website, is due there on August 14.
As the Grand Vega is the only vessel mentioned during this time period for both ports, I’m (reasonably??) assuming that my C2S is on it. It should then arrive at the Dealer around Aug. 21-23. About 3 weeks early.
Excited! Excited!
Old 07-25-2013, 07:37 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

YES!

What I learned is, you can't track the vessel when it's in mid ocean but it will come back when it's closer to the American continent. Give it about 5 days or so.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:44 PM
carrerapete
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's time to get excited all right. Good luck with your new car!
Old 07-25-2013, 08:03 PM
SanibelSpeed
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts

Check this shipping schedule out. Maybe it will help. It shows the Grand Vega departed on July 15th and has an ETA in San Diego of August 12th. There's very little reason not to be on schedule because these ships all have tight schedules and only mechanical problems, bad weather, war, or piracy would cause the ship not to arrive as scheduled. Looks like your car will be at your dealer around the week of August 19-23, if not before. Congrats!
http://www.pwl.de/static/schedules/vwl_hb.pdf
Old 07-26-2013, 11:45 AM
knasman
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
Check this shipping schedule out. Maybe it will help. It shows the Grand Vega departed on July 15th and has an ETA in San Diego of August 12th. There's very little reason not to be on schedule because these ships all have tight schedules and only mechanical problems, bad weather, war, or piracy would cause the ship not to arrive as scheduled. Looks like your car will be at your dealer around the week of August 19-23, if not before. Congrats!
http://www.pwl.de/static/schedules/vwl_hb.pdf
Not to hijack Vegasguys thread, but I've been trying to figure out where my car is currently at. The dealer tells me it left Germany on the 24th of July. Do all 911's get shipped out of Emden?
Old 07-26-2013, 11:51 AM
stealthboy
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by knasman
Not to hijack Vegasguys thread, but I've been trying to figure out where my car is currently at. The dealer tells me it left Germany on the 24th of July. Do all 911's get shipped out of Emden?

I would guess yours is on the Olympian Highway. As far as I know, yes, all 911s get shipped out of Emden.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:46 PM
knasman
Instructor

Originally Posted by stealthboy
I would guess yours is on the Olympian Highway. As far as I know, yes, all 911s get shipped out of Emden.
That would seem to be the best guess. So that means it'll get into Houston on the 7th of August. Original dealer estimate was that I would get it around 9/6, which is about a month after. Can't take that long to get it to Utah and ready, can it?
Old 07-26-2013, 01:31 PM
Vegasguy
Intermediate

That would seem to be the best guess. So that means it'll get into Houston on the 7th of August. Original dealer estimate was that I would get it around 9/6, which is about a month after. Can't take that long to get it to Utah and ready, can it?

Are you sure your entry port is Houston and not San Diego, which seems closer to Utah?
According to www.marinetraffic.com, the Green Cove left Emden on July 24, and according to the Port of San Diego website, is due there on August 20.

Just a thought.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:52 PM
knasman
Instructor

Originally Posted by Vegasguy
Are you sure your entry port is Houston and not San Diego, which seems closer to Utah?
According to www.marinetraffic.com, the Green Cove left Emden on July 24, and according to the Port of San Diego website, is due there on August 20.

Just a thought.
That would seem to make more sense, indeed. Fits the time schedule quoted by the dealer better as well. Thanks!
Old 07-26-2013, 04:00 PM
knasman
Instructor

That would seem to make more sense, indeed. Fits the time schedule quoted by the dealer better as well. Thanks!
Update... Dealer says it is on the Green Cove, which also left Emden on the 24th.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:03 PM
SanibelSpeed
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts

Update... Dealer says it is on the Green Cove, which also left Emden on the 24th.
Hmm. That ship isn't on VW Logistics' schedule. I wonder why?
Old 07-27-2013, 02:27 AM
knasman
Instructor

Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
Hmm. That ship isn't on VW Logistics' schedule. I wonder why?
I wondered the same, unfortunately I have no clue why that is.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:50 PM
Vegasguy
Intermediate

Dealer just advised that my C2S is also on the Green Cove. After it arrives in San Diego (Aug. 20th) it should be here at the Las Vegas dealer, and ready for delivery around Aug. 28 - 30.

I 'm really excited now that I know for sure, as you must be also.

BTW, the San Diego website is: www.SDMIS.org/Schedule

Quick Reply: My 2014 C2S - Update