Sponsored by:

PDK Paddle Shift to Neutral - Purpose?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 01:12 AM
SkandoSchwabe
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Rainier_991
Just try it. You'll get the hang instantly.

If you move your right foot slowly you will feel that the car wants to go forward forcefully (but easily held by the brake).
If you move the foot faster you will feel the same but you will also notice the clutch nearly disengaging a moment later allowing RPM to build to around 4000(it does not disengage completely but this is a wet clutch so no harm if you don't hold it like this forever).

If you have never accelerated fast before, don't be alarmed. The car is exceptionally well behaved even if you switch DSC off. No wheel spin, not even a squeak. It just goes without drama.
The mini launch gets you going almost as fast as the proper sport+ launch, the difference is not big at all so just make sure you have a bit of space and straight road ahead of you.

I tried the launch on a hard dirt road and was amazed at how good this car tracks even on a compromised surface.

Rainier
Tried it today, works fine. Thanks for explaining the details. The key as you point out is to move your right foot quickly, but not all the way down and keep the left foot firmly on the breaks. You indeed feel the clutch engage and lift the nose of the car, but then it partially disengages and then you just lift the left foot off the brake. It takes a few hundred milliseconds for the car to initiate launch but when it moves it moves fast
Old 07-27-2013, 12:30 PM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bccars
Mini LC is something that was talked about on 6speed forum. Haven't tried it myself as I'm still breaking in. And I don't think I ever will, because honestly, what is the use of LC, impressing friend and family on test drives ? Porsches are not about launches and drag races, but I digress.
Mini LC appears to be if you aggressively floor the throttle it will take you to a preset rpm (3700 ?) and take off.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...-question.html
You should post this under a new thread - great tip!

I tried it - got it on the second attempt - fun!
Old 07-27-2013, 03:03 PM
duxsi
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts

I read this elsewhere and reposting..

"Yank both of the wheel-mounted aluminum shift paddles toward you at any speed and you’re coasting in neutral. Let go and you’re back in gear. This enables burnouts, sure, but more pragmatically, mid-turn adjustments are also feasible. For instance you can drop the clutch and then re-apply power as you come around during a drift to hook the car back up. You might want to be a very good driver to experiment with this ... or leave the standard stability control on as you work up to this brand of play."

I'm just a simple MT guy, so it doesn't apply to me..
Old 07-27-2013, 05:23 PM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by duxsi
I read this elsewhere and reposting..

"Yank both of the wheel-mounted aluminum shift paddles toward you at any speed and you’re coasting in neutral. Let go and you’re back in gear. This enables burnouts, sure, but more pragmatically, mid-turn adjustments are also feasible. For instance you can drop the clutch and then re-apply power as you come around during a drift to hook the car back up. You might want to be a very good driver to experiment with this ... or leave the standard stability control on as you work up to this brand of play."

I'm just a simple MT guy, so it doesn't apply to me..
Only gt3, not on carrera.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:04 AM
Harold1898
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No disrespect to anyone but why would you want to do this? Over here my car cost a few cents short of $300k. If I wanted a drift car surely I wold go and spend $20k on a second hand crap mobile. To each their own I guess.
The following users liked this post:
krinsky1965 (10-05-2020)
Old 07-28-2013, 03:56 PM
SkandoSchwabe
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Harold1898
No disrespect to anyone but why would you want to do this? Over here my car cost a few cents short of $300k. If I wanted a drift car surely I wold go and spend $20k on a second hand crap mobile. To each their own I guess.
Because it is fun and challenging to explore the limits (in a safe environment) of one of the world's best handling cars?

Quick Reply: PDK Paddle Shift to Neutral - Purpose?