Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on my 911 50 configuration?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 07:10 PM
outamoney
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also have a 911_50 on order. Trying to find any info on the LED vs. Bi-Zenon headlights. Any comments? They look funky on the car, but wondering more on the actual practicality.
Thanks
Old 07-23-2013, 07:37 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by outamoney
Also have a 911_50 on order. Trying to find any info on the LED vs. Bi-Zenon headlights. Any comments? They look funky on the car, but wondering more on the actual practicality.
Thanks
The LED's are brighter than the standard Bi-Xenons, although the Xenons are are no slouch. They weigh a bit less, although because they are offered with PDLS I don't know how much you actually save over the standard lights. They put a little less drain on the alternator and they supposedly last several times longer. The obvious downside is the $3110 cost.

They have practical benefits but whether those benefits and the wow factor are worth the price is the question.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:50 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

I've been debating the 50th vs a GT3. I think 50th looks great in graphite gray and is one of my favorite Porsche colors. I really wish they could have offered it with a red/black interior like on the turbo S. I think the GT3 clears offers the best overall value in the 991 line. However, I am going to hope/wait for a sport bucket seat option.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:00 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,443 Likes on 2,250 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon70
I've been debating the 50th vs a GT3. I think 50th looks great in graphite gray and is one of my favorite Porsche colors. I really wish they could have offered it with a red/black interior like on the turbo S. I think the GT3 clears offers the best overall value in the 991 line. However, I am going to hope/wait for a sport bucket seat option.
wait for PTS and order a GT3 in that color
Old 07-23-2013, 08:06 PM
911sanantone
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ongratulations on your build. The US configurator is differen and I do not plan to add any more leather options than what we are offered as standard.
If you are planning to keep the car for many years, I share the concerns/questions regarding long term issues with the following:

1) PDCC
2) Burmester - I had this in my 12 Cayenne S and it is one of the better car audio systems IMHO. My concern would be the difficulty obtaining replacement drivers/electronics in 5+ years. The supply of Bose would be far greater. I am thus going with Bose.
3) PDK - does anyone share a concern that having a car for many years with PDK rather than MT represents a real risk at increased repairs?
Old 07-23-2013, 08:12 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,443 Likes on 2,250 Posts

Originally Posted by 911sanantone
Ongratulations on your build. The US configurator is differen and I do not plan to add any more leather options than what we are offered as standard.
If you are planning to keep the car for many years, I share the concerns/questions regarding long term issues with the following:

1) PDCC
2) Burmester - I had this in my 12 Cayenne S and it is one of the better car audio systems IMHO. My concern would be the difficulty obtaining replacement drivers/electronics in 5+ years. The supply of Bose would be far greater. I am thus going with Bose.
3) PDK - does anyone share a concern that having a car for many years with PDK rather than MT represents a real risk at increased repairs?
While I have no experience 1st or Nth hand, it may be cheaper as I imagine that any PDK "repair" would probably be handled by replacement/exchange rather than cracking the f**ker open!
Old 07-23-2013, 11:10 PM
pyramid
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by naaranha
Pyramid,

Here is what I got off the US configurator for the 50th anniversary edition, slightly different than my C4S, regardless highly recommended:

Additional interior package, rear in leather CXN $1,535

Steering column casing in leather XNS $465

Additional Interior Package, dashboard in leather CZW $1,710

So, yes, there is a Z option in the last one listed (CZW). I assume it will not clash since it is on the 911_50 US configurator.
Above options you mentioned are also available in other region configurator as well, but not XHS you originally mentioned.
About CZW, could you share the ordering code for deviating stitch?
Old 07-23-2013, 11:15 PM
pyramid
Racer

Originally Posted by Jon70
+1000, I would go with graphite grey if they allowed black/red interior.
But with current offerings, geyser grey gets my vote for more unique color. Too many solid dark greys in the past.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:43 PM
Montesquieu
Advanced

Originally Posted by 911-50
- Montesquieu, are you or are you not getting PDCC? I think your post was unclear.
I am getting PDCC. By the way, I do like the graphite gray in that video.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:19 AM
fq
Instructor

I agree with Alan and others that Light Design Pkg is nothing special. However, I don't see the "Online Services" (UN1) option on your list. I am able to see my text messages and emails on the PCM screen, and stream internet radio via my phone to the car (all of which I find very useful), which I think is due to having UN1. Unless all that is in any case a part of PCM and UN1 does not do anything? (I have had my C2S a couple of weeks now and have not had a chance to look at the manual as any free time I get is devoted to driving the car. Hence my ignorance about whether UN1 is responsible for internet radio streaming and getting text messages on the PCM screen.)
Old 07-24-2013, 04:19 AM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by naaranha
Pyramid,

Here is what I got off the US configurator for the 50th anniversary edition, slightly different than my C4S, regardless highly recommended:

Additional interior package, rear in leather CXN $1,535

Steering column casing in leather XNS $465

Additional Interior Package, dashboard in leather CZW $1,710

So, yes, there is a Z option in the last one listed (CZW). I assume it will not clash since it is on the 911_50 US configurator.
CZW isn't a Z-option, just like CXN and CXM aren't. These options cover the plastic bits on doors, dashboard and in the back in leather (for details, click on the info button in the configurator). Looks nice with light and brown colors, but IMO not really necessary in a black interior and all these options are NOT available with deviated stitching.

XNS is nice if it is available with deviated stitching, which I think it is (code 90027).

Here is the configuration of my C4S, which has all available deviated stitching that Porsche offers at the moment.
Notice that all codes that start with 24 or 26 are already standard on the 911-50.

Suzy991
Old 07-24-2013, 06:55 AM
pyramid
Racer

Originally Posted by Suzy991
CZW isn't a Z-option, just like CXN and CXM aren't. These options cover the plastic bits on doors, dashboard and in the back in leather (for details, click on the info button in the configurator). Looks nice with light and brown colors, but IMO not really necessary in a black interior and all these options are NOT available with deviated stitching.

XNS is nice if it is available with deviated stitching, which I think it is (code 90027).

Suzy991
Not on the 50th, XNS alone is.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:34 AM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pyramid

Not on the 50th, XNS alone is.
Are you sure? I've read somewhere on a german forum that someone did order his 911-50 with XNS and deviated stitching. I am searching that post, but can't find it anymore unfortunatly.

Suzy991
Old 07-24-2013, 08:44 AM
pyramid
Racer

Originally Posted by Suzy991
Are you sure? I've read somewhere on a german forum that someone did order his 911-50 with XNS and deviated stitching. I am searching that post, but can't find it anymore unfortunatly.

Suzy991
PAP (porsche Asia pacific) confirmed the unavailability.
I would love having a screen print from 911_50 dealers configurator from any countries showing z-option for XNS. Might save me the trouble from retrofitting it later on.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:46 AM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pyramid

PAP (porsche Asia pacific) confirmed the unavailability.
I would love having a screen print from 911_50 dealers configurator from any countries showing z-option for XNS. Might save me the trouble from retrofitting it later on.
I think you're right. Can't find any confimation about it. I don't get it why Porsche decides not to do these things. Shouldn't be a problem to them...

Suzy991

Quick Reply: Thoughts on my 911 50 configuration?