Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GP Automotive Renewal Service: Sport Techno repaint/K40 360i w/ G5 - Maison's C2S Cab

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 05:44 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 773 Likes on 407 Posts
Thumbs up GP Automotive Renewal Service: Sport Techno repaint/K40 360i w/ G5 - Maison's C2S Cab

A long time client of ours purchased a new 991 S cabriolet a few months ago. He contacted us a few months prior to delivery for us to do a phase 3 renewal service and clear film once his 991 arrived at the dealer. Once he was here at our studio, he was delighted to know we also apply Huper Optik window film and professionally install the K40 or Passport radar detection systems. He opted for the K40.

Once into the project, he wanted the 20" Sport Techno wheels to also have the factory black accent. This proved to be a challenge as no one in Orange County wanted to take on this task for us. The closest we came was a vendor that said he could come about 80% to factory look, as the paint lines would never be perfect. So, we decided to take care of the wheels in-house.

Below is our journey as it relates to the wheels and K40 installation. The work we do at GP is never a quick turnaround, so this 991 was a resident of our studio for a few days. But, most our clients know, perfection can never be rushed. I hope you enjoy the end results as much as we did working to achieve it.

Unfortunately, upon close inspection, these new wheels were repaired either at factory, port, or dealer. There isn't anything anyone can do to get the grain back in the aluminum on the exposed part.

Wheels sanded and prepped for taping. We have to scuff the surface for new paint and clear coat to stick

Not just any black was used. Porsche code 041...schwarz black was custom blended

Clear coat applied

K40 project begins

We do our fare share of exotics. However, our specialty is Porsche; it has been since 1999. This means we know every little nuance to a 911, no matter what decade. As usual, sometimes it's more efficient to take more things off, than to work around it

Holes for LED lights drilled

LEDs installed and flush with trim

LEDs are properly secured using a special blend of epoxy

A bit labor intesive and requiring a skilled hand, but all connection are soldered for excellent connectivity and reliability

Wiring is properly channeled through firewall using existing opening and properly sealed to protect against water intrusion

Wiring marriage to existing factory wiring. This keeps an OEM look and the technicians at Porsche appreciate it

We used Huper Optik Ceramic 30 all around and Ceramic 60 on Windshield

We applied XPEL Ultimate film and did a custom front wrap. Hood, fenders, bumper, headlights, and mirrors were all wrapped

Quick Reply: GP Automotive Renewal Service: Sport Techno repaint/K40 360i w/ G5 - Maison's C2S Cab