Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

apply setting/activation of seat memory with 1 press of the button ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 06:30 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts
Question apply setting/activation of seat memory with 1 press of the button ?

It's clear to me how I must program the buttons, that's not the issue.

But how do I apply/activate them with one press of the button?

Up until now I just pressed the appropriate one of 3 buttons and hold it until the settings were applied. But it's a bit annoying to stand there with my finger holding the button down as I have one setting full foward to load in my golfgear and than I have a long wait again to reach my driving position.

The manual says you can also do it with a short press of the button, but that doesn't work in my car.

Can anyone shed some light on this ?
Old 07-19-2013, 07:52 AM
enduro963
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Bccars, yes it is annoying. I think Porsche meant it as a security feature. Try it with your ignition off and drivers door open...
Old 07-19-2013, 08:01 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

I allready tried, no luck. But I had put the key in (without turning it). Tonight I'll try with the key in my pocket.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:22 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe that when the car is on, you have to keep the memory button pressed until the seats/ mirrors move to their stored locations. I also had a situation a couple of days ago when my memory 1 button mysteriously lost its settings and I had to re-program it. Luckily, I think this is the most annoying feature of what is otherwise an awesome all around car!
Old 07-19-2013, 05:32 PM
alanjcook
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Do you have Comfort Access, i.e., where you keep the fob in your pocket and twist the key-stub that remains in the dash?
Old 07-19-2013, 06:27 PM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by alanjcook
Do you have Comfort Access, i.e., where you keep the fob in your pocket and twist the key-stub that remains in the dash?
No
Old 07-19-2013, 09:40 PM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by bccars
I allready tried, no luck. But I had put the key in (without turning it). Tonight I'll try with the key in my pocket.
Even with key not in the ignition it doesn't work, allthough the manual clearly states it should work ! Sooooooooo annoying !
Old 09-27-2013, 04:38 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Question

My problem remains unsolved by the dealer (says it's error in user manual), and claims PAG doesn't get back to them. So I'll give it a second try here.

It's clear to me how I must program the buttons, that's not the issue.

But how do I apply/activate them with one press of the button (which can be done according to the user manual)?

Up until now I just pressed the appropriate one of 3 buttons and hold it until the settings were applied. But it's a bit annoying to stand there with my finger holding the button down as I have one setting full foward to load in my golfgear and than I have a long wait again to reach my driving position.

The manual says you can also do it with a short press of the button, but that doesn't work in my car.

-1- Anyone here where it does work as advertised in the user manual ?
-2- Do the US / other countries manuals have the same info regarding the one press operation of the memory seats ?
Old 09-27-2013, 11:27 AM
sc8526
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, it doesn't work. You must hold the button. As a side note, I also was told that the PCM display would be unique to the driver's key - meaning that the settinga for the wife (phone, radio, etc) wouldn't be the same as those I want to see (temps, etc).

Again, It seems I was misled in my understanding or perhaps it's something I haven't figured out how to do.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:42 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default memory package

http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...hicle-settings
Old 09-29-2013, 05:11 PM
ML911
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just checked my German manual and it says the one press of the button action only works with the ignition turned of and the drivers door open.

If you tried that and it still doesn't work I'm pretty sure the one press of the button feature is disabled for the US.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:20 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ML911
Just checked my German manual and it says the one press of the button action only works with the ignition turned of and the drivers door open.

If you tried that and it still doesn't work I'm pretty sure the one press of the button feature is disabled for the US.
I'm in Europe ;-)

Quick Reply: apply setting/activation of seat memory with 1 press of the button ?