Sponsored by:

Carrera S or M5

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trysixty
already suzy991 and/or haku use your flame throwers and burn this please!!!!
Really? Then I have to cancel all my plans for the weekend! ....maybe I would offend people unintentionally
I think it's better to shut my mouth and keep my thoughts for myself.....

Suzy991
Old 07-14-2013, 10:24 AM
balakris
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

911S and Audi S6 owner here... get both!
Old 07-14-2013, 10:48 AM
RCMA991
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gaspasser19
You are the only person I've ever heard of who prefers a BMW interior to an Audi interior.
Absolutely +2
Old 07-15-2013, 01:30 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Yup get both. I can tell from your question you will definitely need both. That will solve it.

I have a friend who did just that, bought a Ferrari 458 and a new BMW M6. Nice pair.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:41 AM
carsrmyvice
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Gaspasser19
You are the only person I've ever heard of who prefers a BMW interior to an Audi interior.
Well mark me down as the second. The interior of my bmw is the only thing I will miss when I bid it adieu. The layout and comfort of the seats are fantastic in my book. Audi's all feel cold and dull inside to me. So does my 911 for that matter...but that is more than fine with me (mine lacks 5k in red leather that I sometimes wish I had waited for : ) ). This is not a luxury sedan. It is a car which makes me smile every time I twist my left arm and that 6 starts singing.

Returning to topic. Get the 911. It is the real deal. The Ali to the m5's frazier.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:23 AM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by carsrmyvice
Well mark me down as the second. The interior of my bmw is the only thing I will miss when I bid it adieu. The layout and comfort of the seats are fantastic in my book. Audi's all feel cold and dull inside to me. So does my 911 for that matter...but that is more than fine with me (mine lacks 5k in red leather that I sometimes wish I had waited for : ) ). This is not a luxury sedan. It is a car which makes me smile every time I twist my left arm and that 6 starts singing.

Returning to topic. Get the 911. It is the real deal. The Ali to the m5's frazier.
What kind of interior options are in your 911? I find the 911 interior to fit like a glove, ergonomically the most superior setup for me. I'm not sure how much a difference it makes but mine has the adaptive sport seats, heated seats, full leather, and alacantara headliner...
Old 07-18-2013, 05:32 PM
carsrmyvice
Instructor

Originally Posted by Para82
What kind of interior options are in your 911? I find the 911 interior to fit like a glove, ergonomically the most superior setup for me. I'm not sure how much a difference it makes but mine has the adaptive sport seats, heated seats, full leather, and alacantara headliner...
Okay so dull was a bit harsh. 14 ways but no full leather...nothing in the car made of leather/synthetic feels quality compared to say bmw nappa on their multi-contour seats, but I knew that I was getting into. It does have heated seats and wheel but the heater is too subtle for my liking. Alcantara headliner is standard on the 911. I guess I just mean when comparing these to luxury cruising bmw's I feel less coddled, which is perfectly fine with me. I am also 6'4'' which you would think plays a part in it, albeit the 911 is extremely welcoming to a taller frame.

Let me be clear. If I was comparing my 991 to other sports cars that I have I been in, I would call it luxurious.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:51 PM
SanibelSpeed
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by carsrmyvice

Off-topic, I was an Ali fan until he didn't know when to quit and couldn't stop shooting off his mouth. He rope-a-doped his way to a serious case of Parkinson's Disease and Frazier was every bit his match, even though I say that now in hindsight because I was much younger then and idolized Ali at the time. Now I realize what a fool he was.
http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...ampion-dead-67
Old 07-21-2013, 12:09 AM
carsrmyvice
Instructor

Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
Off-topic, I was an Ali fan until he didn't know when to quit and couldn't stop shooting off his mouth. He rope-a-doped his way to a serious case of Parkinson's Disease and Frazier was every bit his match, even though I say that now in hindsight because I was much younger then and idolized Ali at the time. Now I realize what a fool he was.
http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...ampion-dead-67
Haha I was not trying to slander smokin joe. He was one of the greatest to ever climb into the ring. Just some bs that rolled off my tongue.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:42 AM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

M5 and 911 50th here.....agree, get both.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:27 AM
parkerfe
Burning Brakes

Received 251 Likes on 154 Posts

The interior in both my Audi S5 and 991s are far superior to the interiors in my former e36 M3 and e34, e39 and e60 M5s.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:14 AM
Preeble
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So you are comparing current generation Audis and Porsches with previous generation BMWs? My F10 550 interior is not only high quality, but aesthetically very pleasing as well. Not a single rattle or squeak ever. My previous generation S4, TT, 997.2 and Cayennes (2008 and 2011) all experienced some sort of squeak or rattle. I don't care how good the materials are or how good they look, the game is over when the car has hidden rattles that the dealer is unable to address.

Additionally, my e46 M3 is also rattle free - a nice characteristic for a 10-year old car. FWIW, a 15-year old 964 and 20-year old 911 that I used to own were also rattle free. Lastly, a good friend of mine recently traded in her Q7 for an X5 and noted that the car is noise-free on the inside (she is not a car nut, but I found it interesting that she noticed).

Getting back to my original post in this thread - I was considering a 550 vs S6 and one of the deciding factors for me was the interior - I did not want an all-black or almost white interior, which are the only two colors available in the S6/S7. If the OP in the thread is looking for a distinct and/or flashy interior, the M5 has a ton of very nice choices and he shouldn't shy away from BMWs because of a lack of interior quality.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:45 AM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Preeble
So you are comparing current generation Audis and Porsches with previous generation BMWs? My F10 550 interior is not only high quality, but aesthetically very pleasing as well. Not a single rattle or squeak ever. My previous generation S4, TT, 997.2 and Cayennes (2008 and 2011) all experienced some sort of squeak or rattle. I don't care how good the materials are or how good they look, the game is over when the car has hidden rattles that the dealer is unable to address.

Additionally, my e46 M3 is also rattle free - a nice characteristic for a 10-year old car. FWIW, a 15-year old 964 and 20-year old 911 that I used to own were also rattle free. Lastly, a good friend of mine recently traded in her Q7 for an X5 and noted that the car is noise-free on the inside (she is not a car nut, but I found it interesting that she noticed).

Getting back to my original post in this thread - I was considering a 550 vs S6 and one of the deciding factors for me was the interior - I did not want an all-black or almost white interior, which are the only two colors available in the S6/S7. If the OP in the thread is looking for a distinct and/or flashy interior, the M5 has a ton of very nice choices and he shouldn't shy away from BMWs because of a lack of interior quality.
If you compare F10/F11 with the S6 there isn't much difference in feel and quality of the interiors to be honest, if you opt for the more expensive interioroptions on the BMW that is (merino leather etc.). With Audi you have choice of much more options than black or white only. Audi has, just like BMW individual, the option to make a personal interior in any color/layout you want. It's called Audi Exclusive. Of course you pay a lot extra, but that's not any different with BMW.
I think it is more a matter of personal taste which way to go.
Regarding to the rattles and squeaks... My mom has an F11 535d which has lots of squeaks in the interior and the car has been back to the dealership a few times, without any solutions, while my Audi (same age) hasn't have any rattles or squeaks so far (knok on wood). Everyone has different experiences and we all know that you have to have some luck with a car you buy. Every brand has got some cars that just seem to be produced on a monday morning. If you have such a car it is just bad luck and you may jope you get some good service from the dealership

Regardless of the squeaks, my mom did order a new BMW again (different dealership!), just because she likes them more than Audi. As I said... Personal taste is very important when buying a car.

Suzy991
Old 07-21-2013, 01:35 PM
Preeble
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well said Suzy. I guess my main point was that the days of Audi holding a significant interior advantage vs the other German brands are gone. People should go with what they like best.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:48 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Preeble
Well said Suzy. I guess my main point was that the days of Audi holding a significant interior advantage vs the other German brands are gone. People should go with what they like best.
Yes that's definitely true. Especially in the more expensive cars. Personally I still have my doubts about the new 3-series. Still feels a bit cheap compared to an A4 for example IMO. The higher range cars of BMW are getting better with every facelift or modelchange. 6-series Gran Coupe with the Individual leather is truely breathtaking (inside and outside BTW!) To me that is the most beautiful and best BMW of the current line-up.
I would choose an M6 Gran Coupe over an M5 in a heartbeat.

Suzy991

Quick Reply: Carrera S or M5