Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding PSE to my 2012.5 C2S Cab...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 10:25 AM
HotLap
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PSE is awesome!! Really sounds great now and I love the back burble on deceleration!! Can't wait to get out this weekend and do some "spirited" driving!! For those of you who asked about the tips, I was so excited when I picked up the car late yesterday afternoon, I didn't even focus on the stock parts. Will be heading back to pick them up soon and will let you know. The tips that are on the pse ARE different tips - still quad but slightly different inside walls than the stock S tips.

Great upgrade and glad I went this route rather than spending the same or more on an aftermarket system. This is perfect for me to be able to turn it on/off and have it come on automatically when I select either Sport or Sport+ modes! Really sounds like an exotic now with pse engaged and when off it sounds a bit quieter than the stock S - but still a bit deeper in tone....

Forgot to mention, the center dash cluster gauge (large one on the right side that you can change the readout between Map, Phone, Audio, TPM, etc.) now has a small icon in it in grey showing a square box with what looks to be a tach dial with needle and three dashes below the tach icon...it is just a small image that appears on the left center side of the gauge...anyone know what this is and if it has anything to do with the pse that I just had installed? It appears in all display modes and I have never seen this grey icon before??
Old 07-12-2013, 10:41 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by HotLap
PSE is awesome!! Really sounds great now and I love the back burble on deceleration!! Can't wait to get out this weekend and do some "spirited" driving!! For those of you who asked about the tips, I was so excited when I picked up the car late yesterday afternoon, I didn't even focus on the stock parts. Will be heading back to pick them up soon and will let you know. The tips that are on the pse ARE different tips - still quad but slightly different inside walls than the stock S tips.

Great upgrade and glad I went this route rather than spending the same or more on an aftermarket system. This is perfect for me to be able to turn it on/off and have it come on automatically when I select either Sport or Sport+ modes! Really sounds like an exotic now with pse engaged and when off it sounds a bit quieter than the stock S - but still a bit deeper in tone....

Forgot to mention, the center dash cluster gauge (large one on the right side that you can change the readout between Map, Phone, Audio, TPM, etc.) now has a small icon in it in grey showing a square box with what looks to be a tach dial with needle and three dashes below the tach icon...it is just a small image that appears on the left center side of the gauge...anyone know what this is and if it has anything to do with the pse that I just had installed? It appears in all display modes and I have never seen this grey icon before??
Sent you a PM. I think that may be the cruise control - would need to check.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:43 AM
WCE
User

Received 186 Likes on 91 Posts

Means your cruise is on but not active!
Old 07-12-2013, 01:59 PM
HotLap
Racer

Cool thanks, the cruise control main on/off switch must have been activated while at the shop, honestly, I have never used the cruise control (as you can tell)! thx!
Old 07-12-2013, 08:33 PM
c4-toy
Instructor

All, Just confirmed with my LPD that I will be adding the factory PSE to my 2012.5 C2S Cab. Have been wanting to do this for some time now and just now getting around to it...price is $3150 (installed). Question, is there any reason to keep the stock C2S exhaust parts that are replaced with the PSE components? Can't imagine switching back to stock from the PSE system, but would like your input....
$3150 dealer installed, like you say, sounds like a better value than $2950 option from the factory. In your case you get the PSE and your stock exhaust and tips which you can sell. What am I missing here?
Old 07-13-2013, 11:40 AM
HotLap
Racer

Originally Posted by c4-toy
$3150 dealer installed, like you say, sounds like a better value than $2950 option from the factory. In your case you get the PSE and your stock exhaust and tips which you can sell. What am I missing here?
Good point, when you look at it that way, once I sell the stock stuff, I will be at break even or slightly better! And I did negotiate the price up front - I think retail for the pse set up (installed) is higher.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:00 PM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Good point, when you look at it that way, once I sell the stock stuff, I will be at break even or slightly better! And I did negotiate the price up front - I think retail for the pse set up (installed) is higher.
Sent you a PM - I could use the S tips for what I am planning. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Adding PSE to my 2012.5 C2S Cab...