Sponsored by:

email/text message time error

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 10:04 AM
karas
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default email/text message time error

When my Android phone connects to the car it also downloads my recent text messages and notifies me with a "ding" when a new message arrives. The time on the screen is the same as on my phone but when I turn off the car and restart it later it downloads the messages but assigns a different time to the "time received" list. It is not off by a measure of hours as one would expect if it was going by GMT or GPS time. Turning time to manual setting does not affect this. I can be off any given unit of time. My wife sent me a text at 12:10 on 7/4/2013 and the car later assigned it to 2:39 on 7/3/2013. The correct times sent and received on the phone are still correct on the phone. I showed it to my dealer tech and he shrugged his shoulders...didn't know what to do. It's not a big deal for me yet is a flaw in the programming....like the AHA radio unpredictability. Any thoughts? Also, the emails never download even when manually pressing the download message button.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:36 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was advised by my dealer that you need to be using a Blackberry to get your emails downloaded. Same thing with my BMW 650. I got my messages the first month via a Blackberry but then it broke and I switched to Iphone5. No more messages. Something to do (according to Porsche and BMW dealers) with Blackberry having superior security. Going back to new Blackberry next week I hope.

Quick Reply: email/text message time error