Porsche Roadshow Review... 991 S / Cayman S / Boxster S driven! [VIDEO]

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 08:27 PM
driveopolis
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Porsche Roadshow Review... 991 S / Cayman S / Boxster S driven! [VIDEO]

Hi gang,

Just wanted to share a humble little video review I put together detailing my experiences at the recent 2013 Porsche Roadshow event in Toronto. It was my dream weekend sampling the 991 variants, the 981 Cayman and Boxster variants, a variety of driving exercises and finally lapping on the circuit.

There's a good bit of driving footage in the new 991S / Cayman S that you may be interested in seeing!

My pick... 991 C2S in manual. I share a few of my thoughts in the video. Hope you like it!

Sam

Screencaps:

Old 07-04-2013, 08:44 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 315 Likes on 190 Posts

The full Porsche Kool Aid treatment! Hard to beat. Nicely done.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:10 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Nice video review..

I also did the roadshow this year at Mosport and had a blast.
My favourites on the track were the Cayenne GTS and the C4S. As good as the new Cayman S is, I still prefer my Cayman R over it. The R's steering feel is much better than the new S. JMHO.
The acceleration of the Turbo S just blew my mind in the breaking tests as well as the hot lap I got with the instructor driving it. It was just jaw dropping and like you, I could not get the stupid grin off of my face well into the flight home that night

Porsche certainly did put on a good show.

Now I have to wait another 6-8 months for my GT3 to have this much fun

Old 07-08-2013, 01:37 AM
driveopolis
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

thanks guys!!

Conekilr,

I have to agree with you about the steering 'feel' of the older cars. The older systems do indeed offer a good bit more feedback. In time, we will all calibrate and learn to accept and appreciate the new systems, so I guess such is the price of progress. The new systems are super precise though and quick ratio.

Your 987 Cayman R... especially in green... remains one of my dream cars. Love it!

Are you in ON? Can't believe you own a Radical, that is crazy cool.

Quick Reply: Porsche Roadshow Review... 991 S / Cayman S / Boxster S driven! [VIDEO]