Sponsored by:

New to Porsche, some basic Qs.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 01:22 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Huncowboy
Well, it was just a question. Run flats have rigid side walls. May be too much for a 20". Regardless, I just turned 40 and I have not felt this excited about getting a car for a very long time now. So it is not like this will make a difference. I just need to buy another Glock 26 to sit in the glove box permanently :-))))

Any chance for the link to the manual. I can't find it. Today is the perfect day to read it as I am sitting in my hotel room doing nothing. Driving me nuts.
My BMW 650 has 20" run flats and as mentioned above they are terrible. I too have experience "flat" run flats 3 times in 4 years. Each time requiring a new tire which of course is only available at the BMW dealers and of course they don't keep in stock so you wait a day or so. In last 20 years have had no flats on any of my Porsche's. Coincidence or ?
Old 07-05-2013, 03:11 PM
carrerapete
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had run-flats on my ZO6 and didn't like them; the Bridgestone replacements did have better traction than the stock tires, but I surely wouldn't want any type of run-flat on my 991. A portable compressor and some "Slime" will help to get you out of most predicaments. The "Slime" is water based and easily removed from the damaged tire afterward. Of course this solution will not work for a severely damaged tire.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:29 PM
DrGiggles
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default user manual

Originally Posted by Huncowboy
Thanks for the link!
another thing you could do if you have an apple product is download the porsche 'good to know' app; download the 911; and go to the section called 'user guide'. from eyeballing it, it looks exactly like the manual and i think is a bit less cumbersome to use than the website referenced above.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:12 PM
Huncowboy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrGiggles
another thing you could do if you have an apple product is download the porsche 'good to know' app; download the 911; and go to the section called 'user guide'. from eyeballing it, it looks exactly like the manual and i think is a bit less cumbersome to use than the website referenced above.
Thank for that info, that app is cool!

Quick Reply: New to Porsche, some basic Qs.