Sponsored by:

Sharkwerks exhaust 991 review needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 01:41 AM
jmbmm
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CarAholic
I have been wanting to try out the sharkwerks exhaust as well. I am currently running an x pipe and the car is not loud enough, so I am thinking of running this with the sharkwerks. I am just worried about the loss in back pressure and I end up losing more torque from an already non torquey motor. I am going to do a trial test with just the side mufflers disconnected. The sharkwerks will of course preform better as the pressure drop won't be as severe and the sound might be a hair different. I will update everyone with the results.
Hi Caraholic,

im gonna attempt to disconnect the side mufflers over the weekend to get a preview of what sharkwerk side mufflers would sound like.
Do i have to remove the side mufflers? or can i just loosen the clamps that's connecting the center muffler to the side mufflers?
sorry, im sure it's been a while for you, but i would greatly appreciate it!!

thanks in advance!!!
Old 09-18-2015, 11:12 PM
Swells991911
AutoX

i have a 991 carrerra s without sport chromo, i needed more exhaust tone and got the sharkwerks side pipes and absolutely love it. It is so much deeper at lower rpms. It also is great at highway speeds with lower RPM's with minimal drone. They were somewhat simple to install (I did have a lift) and was done in a few hours.Very happy with the mod
Old 09-20-2015, 12:41 AM
jmbmm
2nd Gear

thanks for the feedback swells991911.

i have my vacuum lines for the valves plugged, which keeps the valves open so that it goes out through all four.

last night i did try disconnecting the side mufflers to get a little preview, but i had so much drone between 2-3k though...so ended up putting it back the way it was.

i didn't even press the sports button. maybe it could be that sharwerk side mufflers do tone down the sound a bit? or maybe it's the fact that i had my valves open at all times?

i also thought about just changing the center muffler to the pse, since i do keep the valves open at all times. but i went to my porsche dealer today and test drove a 991s with a pse, with the exhaust button pressed(opens up the valves) and both my son and i didn't notice a big enough difference from my current setup.

so now i'm leaning toward a xpipe that goes out to all four like the stock setup without the valves..i do have a awe xpipe from my previous 991 3.4 in my garage. but if i do install that, i'll have to use my stock tips and one of the tips from each side won't have any pipes behind it and will look hollow from the back... would be nice if i could use the awe 90mm quad tips that came with the xpipe, but it's made for the 3.4 base though..

Quick Reply: Sharkwerks exhaust 991 review needed