Sponsored by:

991 CABRIOLET ROOF MALFUNTION

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 09:31 PM
mschwa3439
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 991 CABRIOLET ROOF MALFUNTION

My 2013 C4 CAB roof won't go down. getting message "fault of the soft top control system" Dealer has had it for 2 days and can't isolate problem. HELP !! any thoughts?
Old 06-27-2013, 10:14 PM
Amalgam
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yikes. Is it stuck in the middle? I always have the fear of this happening as I operate my convertible top very often. So far it has been good.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:53 AM
MNNice
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same thing happened to me. After several days in shop (5) and e-mails back and forth between the dealer and the mother Porsche ship, it was determined that an air deflector in the spoiler unit was not retracting all the way, so cab unit thought car going at higher speed and wouldn't open (at least that's my interpretation after waiting day after day while various circuits and pins were tested).
Old 06-28-2013, 09:05 AM
LonnieR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sorry you're having that problem. Since I live in Florida where it is so muggy I never opt for a sunroof or a Cab. It also eliminates the added mechanical concerns of faulty mechanisms and additional rattles.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:51 PM
mschwa3439
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

That was is. Sensor in wind deflector was not signaling properly to roof sensor. After 3 days in shop, they figured it out and adjusted sensors. Whew
Old 06-29-2013, 12:30 AM
SanibelSpeed
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts

I live in South FLorida and own 3 convertibles which I drive top down from October through April. I ship one of them up to Vermont to enjoy the cool summer and early fall there. I haven't had the top down much in the past month in Miami or Sanibel but feel that there are plenty of great months for exhilarating open air driving in So. Florida. When it gets above 85 degrees I usually drive top up, though.

In my 5 years of Bentley GTC ownership I have had roof faults in all 3 cars that required the dealer to fix. Fortunately, never in the partly open or closed position.

Good luck getting results soon. Hope it isn't a recurring theme as it was in my GTCs.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:29 AM
LonnieR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
I live in South FLorida and own 3 convertibles which I drive top down from October through April. I ship one of them up to Vermont to enjoy the cool summer and early fall there. I haven't had the top down much in the past month in Miami or Sanibel but feel that there are plenty of great months for exhilarating open air driving in So. Florida. When it gets above 85 degrees I usually drive top
I guess some people don't mind hot and humid. When I leave for work in the morning around 8:30 am (except maybe in January and February), the temp is already 85 most of the time.
My son lives in Santa Monica and I can tell you that So California has real convertible weather, even when it's warm, the lack of humidity makes open motoring a pleasure.

Quick Reply: 991 CABRIOLET ROOF MALFUNTION