Sponsored by:

Porsche World Road Show . . .

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 01:44 PM
rbrenn
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Porsche World Road Show . . .

How far in advance of the event do dealers typically email out the invitations? Thanks.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:15 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 320 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by rbrenn
How far in advance of the event do dealers typically email out the invitations? Thanks.
PCNA advises dealers to invite sales prospects- not recent buyers.

Many will exercise good will if you ask nicely and tell them the guest that you get to invite is someone who is a good prospect and you are their prime source of information about Porsches and dealerships.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:17 PM
rbrenn
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks chuckbdc, but my question has to do with the timing of the invitation. Specifically, how far in advance do the dealers have the invitations available to send?
Old 06-17-2013, 12:53 AM
ColoradoCayenne
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I received an invite from my dealer about a month and a half prior to the event. I was told that he just got the registration codes and was notifying his "best" clients. I am a repeat client and not new to the brand so I doubt I am Porsche's target participant. I registered quickly after receiving the registration code, as I was told these events fill up quickly. I am looking forward to getting behind the wheel of other cars just for the experience.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:40 AM
pfijcali
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, not interested in getting behind the wheel of Panameras and Cayennes...
Old 06-17-2013, 12:16 PM
TSpyder
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pfijcali
Those models were only offered for the (optionall) slalom part of the event that I attended a couple of weeks ago. Cayman S and C4S cars were used on the track. I had a ball driving those.

Spyder
Old 06-18-2013, 09:49 AM
mtbscott
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

One of the coolest driving experiences I've ever had was at a similar to this BMW promo event a few years back. They were touting the X3 SUV then and part of it was three sessions on a long, pretty fast auto-X course.
Three participants rode with their instructor and each got to do some laps. My instructor was Davy Jones, the Indy and Formula car driver. After the first session it started pouring down rain and over half of the folks fled for cover. I, along with one other in my group stayed and we got another hour of semi-personalized instruction from Mr. Jones of how to haul *** in an SUV in a driving rain.
I learned more about car control in that hour than in all of the other driving situations I've ever been in, I will never turn down the chance to drive something in a clinic type situation like this.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:42 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

exactly, the slalom part ( if you can call it that) w/ the 4drs was a joke. "its not a performance run." It was a real slalom w/ the sport cars in the previous shows.

The track portion, w/ sports cars, was better.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:35 PM
SanibelSpeed
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts

Just posted today by Porsche and I was lucky enough to be the 53rd viewer. I'm looking forward to this event in my area in September!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgxHj...ature=youtu.be
Old 06-20-2013, 04:54 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 320 Likes on 193 Posts

It is all fun and a true bargain for the price of admittance! Last year I got into a Panamera GTS on the track portion- that was an eye opener. Only the Carrera S was faster. This year I guess it is the latest- Carrera 4S and Cayman that will be the "comparison" cars.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:28 PM
991Dreamer
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Went to the Sonoma event. Was very surprised on how well the Cayman handled. Fun event all around. Can't wait for next year.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:26 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ColoradoCayenne
I received an invite from my dealer about a month and a half prior to the event. I was told that he just got the registration codes and was notifying his "best" clients. I am a repeat client and not new to the brand so I doubt I am Porsche's target participant. I registered quickly after receiving the registration code, as I was told these events fill up quickly. I am looking forward to getting behind the wheel of other cars just for the experience.
It is a fun event, you'll have multiple cars to test drive at Pikes Peak Int'l Raceway. I called my SA and he told me they are completely booked. I didn't get an invitation like I did last year.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:48 PM
meine911
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
Just posted today by Porsche and I was lucky enough to be the 53rd viewer. I'm looking forward to this event in my area in September!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgxHj...ature=youtu.be
Lucky guy.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:39 AM
ColoradoCayenne
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ynot
It is a fun event, you'll have multiple cars to test drive at Pikes Peak Int'l Raceway. I called my SA and he told me they are completely booked. I didn't get an invitation like I did last year.
Porsche could use a little geography lesson as Pikes Peak isn't exactly "Denver," as they claim. The stretch between Denver and Colorado Springs may be a more accurate speedway for these cars! Check back with the dealers as there may be cancellations.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:30 AM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ColoradoCayenne
Porsche could use a little geography lesson as Pikes Peak isn't exactly "Denver," as they claim. The stretch between Denver and Colorado Springs may be a more accurate speedway for these cars! Check back with the dealers as there may be cancellations.
They must have used Porsche nav system

Quick Reply: Porsche World Road Show . . .