Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 vs 991S with PSE

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 01:43 AM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,045 Likes on 559 Posts

I thought all the PSE does is piping more sound into the cabin. Hence it sounds the same outside the car.

I do not have PSE in my C2S. What I noticed is that the exhaust sounds better if I turn the sport mode on.

My question to the guys with PSE: Does turning PSE on automatically turns on sport mode? Can you have PSE on and sport mode off? Does it sound different outside the car if you keep sport mode off?

Thanks
Old 06-16-2013, 10:31 AM
rnl
Burning Brakes

Received 466 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Dyim
I thought all the PSE does is piping more sound into the cabin. Hence it sounds the same outside the car.

I do not have PSE in my C2S. What I noticed is that the exhaust sounds better if I turn the sport mode on.

My question to the guys with PSE: Does turning PSE on automatically turns on sport mode? Can you have PSE on and sport mode off? Does it sound different outside the car if you keep sport mode off?

Thanks
sport mode pipes intake sound to the cabin
Pse may be independently engaged and disengaged
Sport mode not required and PSE may be disengaged in Sport
Sounds the same outside of car with or without Sport mode? On a PDK equipped car, when the PSE is engaged downshifts are not as frequent and thus pops and extreme Pse bellowing are as frequent without Sport.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:24 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 323 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by Dyim

Thanks
Sport mode or pressing the PSE button turns on PSE (eg opens the valves on the sport muffler. PSE does not pipe sound to the interior. That is the "Sound Symposer" (consisting of a tube from the intake manifold with a valve in it that opens in when the Sport of Sport Plus button is pressed).

PSE consists of a different final muffler from the stock muffler with valves that open (i believe from the same vacuum line that operates the Sound Symposer valve) a more direct route for exhaust to escape. The "pops and burbles" are there in both the Carrera and Carrera S. The PSE allows them out with less baffling, so they are much more evident and louder.

Quick Reply: 991 vs 991S with PSE