Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 02:06 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pyramid
^^^ sounds like you get it all covered and all set
Thanks.
Reading on a forum like this makes one wiser when going to order a P-car you'll find so much things here that you don't think about in first place. Really like a source like this. It makes the process of ordering just that little bit easier.

[Sent from my iPad using Rennlist]
Old 06-13-2013, 02:50 PM
MacAna
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

my salesman dreads my emails, calls and visits. He has admitted that I know more than most of the salesmen there and I often alert him to things that they never knew about or considered.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:58 PM
MacAna
Racer

Originally Posted by Suzy991
The limitationnumber will indeed be a very meaningfull one.

The painted keycover I get as a present from my dealer for both cars, together with a leather pouch
I never knew you could request a number... hmmmm, that is interesting...

As for the present from your dealer, absolutely no chance of that in South Africa, geez, they don't throw in any discounts, any localized well priced country packs or gifts... not sure if I believe them, but they claim margins are extremely tight.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:19 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mac Anamourlis

I never knew you could request a number... hmmmm, that is interesting...

As for the present from your dealer, absolutely no chance of that in South Africa, geez, they don't throw in any discounts, any localized well priced country packs or gifts... not sure if I believe them, but they claim margins are extremely tight.
I didn't know it either, but I asked for it and my salesman said he would arrange it for me. Apparently hey did arrange it, because I got a confirmationcall from him yesterday.

I have no idea how their margins are and maybe that will be different for each country, but for them to give away some keycovers and two pouches won't be that much money. On that kind of items there are margins of more than 200%, so purchase prices for them are much lower than the retailprices in my opinion.
On the other hand I got a reasonably fair discount on my purchase, but I wouldn't have closed a deal without any discount. I definitly made that clear I think

When I see U.S. Prices compared to the prices we have to pay here in Europe, that makes me think that the margins here are high enough to give some discount. Can't imagine that they don't make profit on the lower U.S. Prices, so the profit on European cars has to be bigger IMO.
For example: pricedifference for the 911_50 between U.S. And Switzerland is 30,5% (swiss price + powerkit - tax). Plenty of margin for a discount...

Last edited by Suzy991; 06-13-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:37 AM
carsrmyvice
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

What a great idea. Two 991's! You have a cab/awd and the pure rear wheel coupe. All the bases are covered! I imagine its a good feeling. I am excited just talking about it! Would I have done it, no, but that is completely irrelevant. Congratulations, I cannot wait to see the pics side by side when they arrive.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:57 PM
MacAna
Racer

I didn't know it either, but I asked for it and my salesman said he would arrange it for me. Apparently hey did arrange it, because I got a confirmationcall from him yesterday.

I have no idea how their margins are and maybe that will be different for each country, but for them to give away some keycovers and two pouches won't be that much money. On that kind of items there are margins of more than 200%, so purchase prices for them are much lower than the retailprices in my opinion.
On the other hand I got a reasonably fair discount on my purchase, but I wouldn't have closed a deal without any discount. I definitly made that clear I think

When I see U.S. Prices compared to the prices we have to pay here in Europe, that makes me think that the margins here are high enough to give some discount. Can't imagine that they don't make profit on the lower U.S. Prices, so the profit on European cars has to be bigger IMO.
For example: pricedifference for the 911_50 between U.S. And Switzerland is 30,5% (swiss price + powerkit - tax). Plenty of margin for a discount...
Discount? What's that? It is absolutely not an option in South Africa...

I posted this last week in another thread:

Just FYI...

In South Africa it is a no-brainer... the GT3 pricing is mental!

Simply currency conversion applied...

Base Carrera S: $124k
50th-911: $142k
GT3: $237k

Rough all round... and we don't get PCM/Nav as standard in any of them, it's an extra $4,400
Also we don't get the X51 power-kit standard in the 50th anniversary edition like the Americans, but still, the GT3 is very badly priced here in comparison.

In fact, the GT3 is priced between the Turbo and Turbo S which doesn't seem right at all.

So using this logic, if in your market the GT3 is priced similarly to the anniversary edition, then rather take the GT3
And we don't get those nice Swiss Pack extras I saw in your build either... everything costs more!

I'm curious as to the price of the GT3 in Switzerland?

One thing is certain, if I lived in the US, I'd have a GT3 in my garage, no doubt about it.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:23 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Discount? What's that? It is absolutely not an option in South Africa...

And we don't get those nice Swiss Pack extras I saw in your build either... everything costs more!

I'm curious as to the price of the GT3 in Switzerland?

One thing is certain, if I lived in the US, I'd have a GT3 in my garage, no doubt about it.
Unbelievable how much differences in those prices there are. The GT3 is definitly a bargain in the U.S., as is the anniversary edition. (In fact all porsches are compared to the rest of the world)

Swiss prices (simple currency converting)

C2: $ 133.000,-
C2 cab : $ 150.000,-
C2S: $ 153.000,-
C2S cab: $ 170.000,-
C4: $ 143.000,-
C4 cab: $ 160.000,-
C4S: $ 163.000,-
C4S cab: $ 180.000,-
GT3: $ 206.000,-
Turbo: $ 242.000,-
Turbo S: $ 292.000,-
911_50: $ 176.000,-

All prices are incl. 8% VAT

Old 06-14-2013, 08:04 PM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,036 Likes on 555 Posts

Damn. I was so happy getting my 991. I can't imagine getting 2 new Porsches at the same time. I am officially jealous. Definitely congrats to you.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:14 PM
SanibelSpeed
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts

I traveled to the Arctic Circle and to Antarctica in the same year. That's sorta like buying two 911s at the same time, isn't it? Maybe not, but that year I was officially bi-polar.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:40 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dyim
Damn. I was so happy getting my 991. I can't imagine getting 2 new Porsches at the same time. I am officially jealous. Definitely congrats to you.
Haha thank you

Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
I traveled to the Arctic Circle and to Antarctica in the same year. That's sorta like buying two 911s at the same time, isn't it? Maybe not, but that year I was officially bi-polar.
That would be nice challange to do! that said... My Italian blood feels more at home in warmer temperatures, so maybe a journey across the equator suits me better and according to some people who seem to know me very well, I'm already bi-polar once a month LOL

Old 06-14-2013, 09:15 PM
SanibelSpeed
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts

That would be nice challange to do! that said... My Italian blood feels more at home in warmer temperatures, so maybe a journey across the equator suits me better and according to some people who seem to know me very well, I'm already bi-polar once a month LOL

I had my DNA analyzed and I get 55% of it from the Mediterranean, and since you're only half Italian, I've got you beat by 10%! It only gets down to the 30s F so if you dress properly, it's amazingly beautiful. But, by all means go to the Galapagos Islands. I've been twice and will go again.
http://s60.photobucket.com/user/C6Je...ra067.mp4.html
Old 06-14-2013, 09:49 PM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey Suzy,

Thanks for you reply:

Was the steering column automatically with deviating stitch or did you have to special request and pay extra?
Old 06-15-2013, 05:21 AM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JUPJAI
Hey Suzy,

Thanks for you reply:

Was the steering column automatically with deviating stitch or did you have to special request and pay extra?
It's not an option. My salesman said it would be done automatically. But after having read the thread of alanjcook, I m not completely sure anymore to be honest. He has a two-tone interior which has standard deviated stitching. The steering column came with no deviated stiching as standard.
Not that it is a big deal for me. It's black and behind the steering wheel, but it would look very nice of course.
I will go and ask my salesman if he can confirm it to me that it will be done in deviated stitching, otherwise I don't need the leather steering comumn casing on a black interrior. I'll let you know.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:40 AM
pyramid
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not an option. My salesman said it would be done automatically. But after having read the thread of alanjcook, I m not completely sure anymore to be honest. He has a two-tone interior which has standard deviated stitching. The steering column came with no deviated stiching as standard.
Not that it is a big deal for me. It's black and behind the steering wheel, but it would look very nice of course.
I will go and ask my salesman if he can confirm it to me that it will be done in deviated stitching, otherwise I don't need the leather steering comumn casing on a black interrior. I'll let you know.

Exactly the reason of my suggestion before, unless you can get it with deviated stitching, remove the option since it will ruin the attention to detail from the rest of the interior.

In case you were opting for ventilated seats on the 50th (clearly you are not right now), the deviated stitching on lower bolster will become single thread instead of double stitches originally.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:00 AM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pyramid

Exactly the reason of my suggestion before, unless you can get it with deviated stitching, remove the option since it will ruin the attention to detail from the rest of the interior.

In case you were opting for ventilated seats on the 50th (clearly you are not right now), the deviated stitching on lower bolster will become single thread instead of double stitches originally.
Yes, you're absolutely right. I have been thinking about it and I've just decided to cancel the leather steering column casing. The back of the steeringwheel is black plastic anyway, so if the steering wheel casing has that same color, I think it wil even look better.

Ventilatetd seats are only available in full leather and only with the 18-way seats, not with the cloth and that's just what I like about it so much, so I didn't order that.

Suzy991

Quick Reply: Yes!! I'm in... twice!